Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Whisenhunt to Tennessee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/422868853840822272' title="6:12 PM - 13 Jan 14">6m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">From <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mortreport'>@mortreport</a> and me: Ken Whisenhunt has accepted an offer to become the next coach of Tennessee Titans.

Nobody cares
*sigh* Another good hire by a divisional rival.  They get rid of Munchack, and then go out and hire a great coach, while we're stuck with Gus "Sixth Choice" Bradley.  We could've had Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, or the Count from Sesame Street.  Whisenhunt took the Cardinals to a SUPER BOWL, while Gus Bradley's Seahawks did better the year after he left.  Our division rivals get better, while we remain the same.  Things are looking up for the Titans and Texans.  We won't win this division for another ten years.

Cannot WAIT for the total loss of dignity this will cause around here....

Not sure how I feel about it.

Personally, I think Whisenhunt is a great coach, but we'll see how it works out.

Now I know I will get to hear how this will make the Jaguars suck for the next decade this time...  :whistling: 

If only I could figure it out for myself though... :mellow:

Quote:*sigh* Another good hire by a divisional rival.  They get rid of Munchack, and then go out and hire a great coach, while we're stuck with Gus "Sixth Choice" Bradley.  We could've had Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, or the Count from Sesame Street.  Whisenhunt took the Cardinals to a SUPER BOWL, while Gus Bradley's Seahawks did better the year after he left.  Our division rivals get better, while we remain the same.  Things are looking up for the Titans and Texans.  We won't win this division for another ten years.
Hmm, this seems to be on the right track, but it is lacking the depth and background I am used to seeing in a good 'take.' Maybe it needs some Jazzing up with some 'WORST NIGHTMARE!' kind of lines...
So I hear the Titans are planning to swap with the Rams for Manzel with that whole Fisher-Titans connection you know...

It's gonna be hard for me to hate Wisenhut, he seems like a good guy and a good coach. But he's tack now... so I'll have to find a reason
Quote:It's gonna be hard for me to hate Wisenhut, he seems like a good guy and a good coach. But he's tack now... so I'll have to find a reason
I wouldn't worry about it.  By September he'll have enough tack stink on him to hate  easy enough.   :teehee:

seriously  -  It would seem they've upgraded at the HC position but still need a quarterback.  (sounds familiar) 

What?? I thought for sure he was going to go to Detroit....

I was hoping the Titans were going to hire a novice like Quinn or Gase. 

Looks like Bradley has his work cut out for him now. 

Quote:*sigh* Another good hire by a divisional rival.  They get rid of Munchack, and then go out and hire a great coach, while we're stuck with Gus "Sixth Choice" Bradley.  We could've had Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, or the Count from Sesame Street.  Whisenhunt took the Cardinals to a SUPER BOWL, while Gus Bradley's Seahawks did better the year after he left.  Our division rivals get better, while we remain the same.  Things are looking up for the Titans and Texans.  We won't win this division for another ten years.

whats funny is the above is pretty much true, even though its written in jest. 

Quote:Not sure how I feel about it.

Personally, I think Whisenhunt is a great coach, but we'll see how it works out.

He is. I thought for sure that the Titans would screw this up. 

Wow. the NFL must <b><i>really </i></b>want the Jaguars to fail in Jax. This AFC South between Luck, O Brien and now Whisenhunt is like a murderers row. It might be setting up for the best those 3 franchises have ever been "simultaneously" in the history of the AFC South.

Glad we got the Bradley/ Fisch / Babich trifecta to counter what they got....lol....

It took him 3 years to realize Kurt Warner was a better QB than Matt Leinart....

Maybe there's hope for us after all and he decides to hang onto Locker for the next 2 years.
So why wasn't Whisenhunt ahead of Bradley on your list?

Quote:So why wasn't Whisenhunt ahead of Bradley on your list?

I think because he wasn't really a candidate to be a head coach last offseason. He was still hemming and hawing about not knowing what he wanted to do coaching-wise, whether it be taking a year off or not. 

I remember suggesting him at some point for OC but didn't even know if he wanted to do that, then all of a sudden out of nowhere he agreed to join McCoy's staff as OC, ending any speculation about his future. 
Quote:It took him 3 years to realize Kurt Warner was a better QB than Matt Leinart....

Maybe there's hope for us after all and he decides to hang onto Locker for the next 2 years.

Kurt also played himself out of a job in St. Louis.  Also, 3 years is an exaggeration.  Kurt played in 6 games in Leinart's rookie season in 2006. Kurt played in 14 games the next year.  I remember Lienart getting injured one year, not sure if it was his 2nd year or not, but the only time Leinart got significant playing time in 'zona was his rookie year.  After that it was pretty much Kurt. 

Kurt had a really abnormal career by the way.  He comes in and takes over in St. Louis due to injury and wins the Superbowl that first year and has a few really good years and then plays himself out of a job in St. Louis.  I don't remember him playing exceptionally well in New York when Eli took over half way through the year.  Then he goes to 'zona where he had to be sharing time with someone in 2005 because he only played 10 games.  Then they draft Leinart in 2006.  He finally "claims" the starting job in 2007 and has 3 good years there.  I'd be more inclined to say that someone on that staff helped him get back to where he was in St. Louis than to try to lay blame on Whisenhunt for not starting him right away.

Quote:whats funny is the above is pretty much true, even though its written in jest. 

He is. I thought for sure that the Titans would screw this up. 

Wow. the NFL must <b><i>really </i></b>want the Jaguars to fail in Jax. This AFC South between Luck, O Brien and now Whisenhunt is like a murderers row. It might be setting up for the best those 3 franchises have ever been "simultaneously" in the history of the AFC South.

Glad we got the Bradley/ Fisch / Babich trifecta to counter what they got....lol....

That's interesting how your 'take' is ever-evolving.  I thought they were supposed to be tanking this year?
He's just another HC retread. He's a great offensive coordinator but suspect as a head coach. The Leinart debacle is just one of his suspect decisions. And lets not forget his record as a HC 49–53, a real winner.
Quote:It took him 3 years to realize Kurt Warner was a better QB than Matt Leinart....

Quote:Kurt also played himself out of a job in St. Louis. Also, 3 years is an exaggeration. Kurt played in 6 games in Leinart's rookie season in 2006. Kurt played in 14 games the next year. I remember Lienart getting injured one year, not sure if it was his 2nd year or not, but the only time Leinart got significant playing time in 'zona was his rookie year. After that it was pretty much Kurt.

Kurt had a really abnormal career by the way. He comes in and takes over in St. Louis due to injury and wins the Superbowl that first year and has a few really good years and then plays himself out of a job in St. Louis. I don't remember him playing exceptionally well in New York when Eli took over half way through the year. Then he goes to 'zona where he had to be sharing time with someone in 2005 because he only played 10 games. Then they draft Leinart in 2006. He finally "claims" the starting job in 2007 and has 3 good years there. I'd be more inclined to say that someone on that staff helped him get back to where he was in St. Louis than to try to lay blame on Whisenhunt for not starting him right away.

Nevermind, I see where you're getting the 3 years thing. I was thinking you were saying there was a 3 year battle between he and Leinart. Looking at how it played out, I still wouldn't lay blame on Whisenhunt. I think Kurt had it, lost it and then someone on that staff eventually helped him "get it" again.

Quote:That's interesting how your 'take' is ever-evolving.  I thought they were supposed to be tanking this year?

The were supposed to, but I expected them to retain Munchak to accomplish that. 

I already said as soon as Munchak was fired that the tanking likely wouldn't happen now with a new coach. (pending it wasn't a Mularkey level guy) 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5