Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars ready to start evaluating QBs “right away”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Gabbert needs more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Quote:Gabbert needs more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Yes he does.. In practice, with receivers, in the film room, with the playbook ect.. Time, he has.. A team after this season, idk..
Does right away mean yesterday? Because it probably should. 

That's a sigh of relief, I thought they were just gonna watch a couple YouTube clips the night before the draft and write their favorites down on a bar napkin. I don't get how that is news worth posting, even for PFT
So how fast are we wagging until Gabbert is released?

Quote:That's a sigh of relief, I thought they were just gonna watch a couple YouTube clips the night before the draft and write their favorites down on a bar napkin. I don't get how that is news worth posting, even for PFT

PFT won't get the clicks from me. Trash.
Please get this one right!  I can't stomach another wasted high pick.  I'd rather pick good players and wait another year than just pick one out of desperation. 

It seemed as if they were putting the onus of scouting the QB's on Fisch rather than Caldwell. While Fisch is undoubtably part of the process, I'd hope that Caldwell is having the most impact on this decision. 

Quote:It seemed as if they were putting the onus of scouting the QB's on Fisch rather than Caldwell. While Fisch is undoubtably part of the process, I'd hope that Caldwell is having the most impact on this decision. 

They stole this story from a similar one posted in the FTU just basically asking Fisch what he looks for when scouting a QB. It was re-framed to fit the PFT agenda.
Quote:It seemed as if they were putting the onus of scouting the QB's on Fisch rather than Caldwell. While Fisch is undoubtably part of the process, I'd hope that Caldwell is having the most impact on this decision. 
It will be a collective effort i'm sure.  Scouts, Fisch, Bradley, then ultimately, Caldwell.  I'm glad it's them and not me cause this year is crazy!  I can't wait for the draft, most intriguing in years.
Quote:They stole this story from a similar one posted in the FTU just basically asking Fisch what he looks for when scouting a QB. It was re-framed to fit the PFT agenda.

What is the PFT agenda? I read the article and didn't see anything wrong. I think Bradley won over Florio, he hasn't really bad mouthed in a long while and has been writing pretty encouraging things about us in his power rankings.
Quote:What is the PFT agenda? I read the article and didn't see anything wrong. I think Bradley won over Florio, he hasn't really bad mouthed in a long while and has been writing pretty encouraging things about us in his power rankings.
 +1
Quote:Does right away mean yesterday? Because it probably should. 

Considering Super Dave has been at alot of college games featuring the top QB's, I think it started in August.
Quote:Gabbert needs more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111
On a diffrent team!

Maybe Caldwell has delegated the groundwork at different positions to different coaches/scouts.   That would be the smart thing to do.   Caldwell can't do everything himself.  

Quote:It will be a collective effort i'm sure.  Scouts, Fisch, Bradley, then ultimately, Caldwell.  I'm glad it's them and not me cause this year is crazy!  I can't wait for the draft, most intriguing in years.

I think the quarterback coach should be part of it too. Did anyone say if he is involved?

Tony Khan was part of the effort that resulted in picking Luke Joeckel. I read everyone agreed he should be the guy. Hopefully that will happen again no matter who we pick in the first round.
Quote:Maybe Caldwell has delegated the groundwork at different positions to different coaches/scouts.   That would be the smart thing to do.   Caldwell can't do everything himself.  

Or maybe it was Fisch who was the focus of the interview? 

Do you people really think Caldwell isnt going to do the majority of the work on the one pick that could get him fired? 

Quote:They stole this story from a similar one posted in the FTU just basically asking Fisch what he looks for when scouting a QB. It was re-framed to fit the PFT agenda.

The PFT agenda? What in the heck does that mean? Paranoid much?

Calm down. Caldwell is still the trigger man.

He's also been flying around the country all college football season watching prospects.
Pages: 1 2 3 4