Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Todman's first career 100 yard game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Congrats Todman. You have a bright future here in Jacksonville.
Quote:Congrats Todman. You have a bright future here in Jacksonville.

A true positive.  I like how he bursts through holes, when they are there.  He can run through them in the middle, and through the outside.

He doesn't have the bowling ball effect of MJD, but I liked what he did today.  

Another positive:  He's got good hands.  

Thanks for posting this positive thread!  

+1
He was ballin today.  Important that he had 0 fumbles unlike some other ball carriers I can think of

Now, please, keep MJD in town. Let's not be a one-back show next year, trying to ride Todman hard and heavy so early in his development. MJD-Todman with a solid share could be a bright spot.

Quote:Now, please, keep MJD in town. Let's not be a one-back show next year, trying to ride Todman hard and heavy so early in his development. MJD-Todman with a solid share could be a bright spot.

Not many true workhorses left in the NFL aside from Peterson and a few others.. Lots of rbbc.
Would be nice to find a back in the mid-round that be plugged into a rotation with Todman.

Just shows that you can find guys to carry the ball without going all Trent Richardson in the draft. Also looks like MJD might be the change of pace and short yardage guy next year.

i would love to see us bring back mjd to be a vet presence split carries with todman, keep d rob and bring in james white from wisconsin with a 4th or 5th, guy can do it all, lacks a little bit of pace but i think could be a fantastic all round back

Quote:Would be nice to find a back in the mid-round that be plugged into a rotation with Todman.

Dude, but think about this...  We got MJD to sustain the running game, Todman to fill in and become the guy, and Shoelace as our project.   I like that concept, plus it allows us to not think about RB in this offseason.  

I like Todman.  Even though Denard fumbled that pretty much sealed our chances today, I think he has potential...  Why waste a draft pick on RB this offseason when we can focus on other more critical positions?
Quote:Just shows that you can find guys to carry the ball without going all Trent Richardson in the draft. Also looks like MJD might be the change of pace and short yardage guy next year.

This!  

Plus, I think think MJD has 2 more amazing years left and 3 more back up years.  I seriously think alot of people are short-changing MJD
Quote:This!

Plus, I think think MJD has 2 more amazing years left and 3 more back up years. I seriously think alot of people are short-changing MJD

I just hope MJD isn't becoming snake bitten with the injury bug..
Quote:Just shows that you can find guys to carry the ball without going all Trent Richardson in the draft. Also looks like MJD might be the change of pace and short yardage guy next year.

Todman hit 100 yards before Richardson this season. 
Quote:I just hope MJD isn't becoming snake bitten with the injury bug..

First the foot, now soft tissue. Things that happen as guys start to wear down.
Quote:I just hope MJD isn't becoming snake bitten with the injury bug..

I hear thee...  As I have gotten older, just changing socks have caused my hammy to pop.

Here's hoping MJD has better trainers than me.   :pirate:
Quote:Dude, but think about this...  We got MJD to sustain the running game, Todman to fill in and become the guy, and Shoelace as our project.   I like that concept, plus it allows us to not think about RB in this offseason.  

I like Todman.  Even though Denard fumbled that pretty much sealed our chances today, I think he has potential...  Why waste a draft pick on RB this offseason when we can focus on other more critical positions?

Personally, I just don't think MJD comes back. I think he takes a deal with a team closer to a title. If he comes back, obviously that plan would change.
Quote:Personally, I just don't think MJD comes back. I think he takes a deal with a team closer to a title. If he comes back, obviously that plan would change.

Yeah, I'm trying to prepare myself for a sans-MJD Jaguars.  I'll be sad, but I won't go nuclear.  

I just really hope there is a way to restructure his deal to keep him here.  

This team is 2 or 3 key positions away from being a division winner.  I honestly think that.  We have more potential than any team in the AFC South.  With a good QB that can make pin-point throws, and a couple pieces on D, we could have a home play-off game next year.  I really see that happening.

Of all the AFC contenders, we could potentially be one! 
Congrats to Todman, nice to see him have a terrific first start. Hopefully it continues.

I thought Todman's 109 should have been at least 130. That boy don't like to get hit. Other than that he played well.
I noticed him going down quickly on a couple occasions.  I thought.he did well getting down to avoid getting crunched on one play.

I told you all before.   Give the man some playing time and watch what happens.   Over a hundred yards against a great front.    And can catch too.   He will end up a great pick up.   Todman is playing a lot better then Robinson at this point.   

I saw something special back at Uconn.   And now we are starting to see it in the pro level.   No way he is not a Jag next season.   

Pages: 1 2 3 4