Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andre Branch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Playing better these last few weeks. Is he not poop anymore?

Hes progressing but still a lower end player. I think its an testament to how well the coaching staff is doing in terms of developing players. Even the scrubs are getting better.

At this point, Andre is fighting himself out of a "sure-cut" situation this offseason and making Caldwell think twice.

Gimme Floyd, Alshon, and Wilson
He is no Tyson.

Quote:Gimme Floyd, Alshon, and Wilson

I'll get the keys to the Delorean.
And where are we going to get the 1.21 gigawatts of power need to do this....?? :woot: ?

Quote:And where are we going to get the 1.21 gigawatts of power need to do this....?? :woot: ?

Now you guys just made me want a hoverboard for Christmas again, it's going to happen one of these days! I don't care if I'm 80 by then, [BLEEP] it's going to happen!
Atleast he is not totally useless, ala Alualu.
Quote:Atleast he is not totally useless, ala Alualu.

Minialualu made more plays in his one week here.
He was involved on a lot of plays this past week, I hope he keeps it up...and maybe just maybe...finishes with a decent amount of sacks this season 

Quote:He was involved on a lot of plays this past week, I hope he keeps it up...and maybe just maybe...finishes with a decent amount of sacks this season 

I think at this point, we can hope that he turns into maybe a decent contributor like a Bobby McCray or Paul Spicer. Certainly not ideal for a guy picked where he was. But better than a total bust, which is what he looked like for most of this year.
I'd love for branch to have a career similar to mccray, for his own good.  I don't see it happening though!

He had one good game against some of the worst tackles in the league, lets curb our expectations. 

Quote:He had one good game against some of the worst tackles in the league, lets curb our expectations. 
That's a step up from one bad game against some of the worst tackles in the league. :pirate:

This just tells me we have some actual coaches who can actually coach on the defensive side of the ball. He has at least crawled out of the next in line to be cut list. Along with other D-lineman having solid games in spurts (Miller looked good at times, Marks has looked good at times this season,etc) its starting to show that these guys at least know how to do well with less.

Quote:He had one good game against some of the worst tackles in the league, lets curb our expectations. 
He's been showing better for a few weeks now.
Quote:I think at this point, we can hope that he turns into maybe a decent contributor like a Bobby McCray or Paul Spicer. Certainly not ideal for a guy picked where he was. But better than a total bust, which is what he looked like for most of this year.

^^This^^

It has been noted on more than one occasion by more than a few sources that it often takes 2 - 3 years for a defensive end to develop into an effective player. This is sometimes true no matter where a player is drafted. Many fans want to declare a relatively high draft pick a bust if they aren't in the Pro Bowl their rookie year, but you don't just give up on a guy when he fills a position of need, no matter how disappointing his performance has been, especially when he's had a change of coaches and is showing signs of improving.

Branch even graded positively at PFF vs the cards.  (as did several defensive players)

Oehser:

Quote:The Jaguars’ defense graded out as well as it has all season in the 27-14 loss to Arizona, with just three players and one starter – cornerback 
Dwayne Gratz 
 – missing a positive score. And Gratz only played a little more than a half.  
Quote:Defensive end 
Jason Babin
, defensive tackle 
Roy Miller
, cornerback 
Alan Ball
, defensive lineman 
Jeremy Mincey 
, cornerback 
Mike Harris 
, defensive end 
Andre Branch 
 and safety 
Johnathan Cyprien 
 all had their best-graded game of the season
,  and defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks scored a positive grade. That has been the norm for Marks this season, and linebacker 
Geno Hayes 
 graded positively for a second consecutive week. Cornerback 
Will Blackmon 
, Marks and Ball continue to be the highest-graded defensive players for the Jaguars, while wide receiver Cecil Shorts III and tight end 
Marcedes Lewis 
 are the highest-graded players on the Jaguars’ offense.

Quote:^^This^^

It has been noted on more than one occasion by more than a few sources that it often takes 2 - 3 years for a defensive end to develop into an effective player. This is sometimes true no matter where a player is drafted. Many fans want to declare a relatively high draft pick a bust if they aren't in the Pro Bowl their rookie year, but you don't just give up on a guy when he fills a position of need, no matter how disappointing his performance has been, especially when he's had a change of coaches and is showing signs of improving.

Yeah, but I'm mad now!
He seems to be playing the run adequately and his production is certainly picking up.

However, my issue is, has anyone ever seen him cleanly beat a tackle, bend around the edge and sack the QB? I sure haven't.

Every time he makes a play, I watch the replay and he gets stood up initially, tries the weakest arm-over move I've ever seen, and with a second or third effort gets to the QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's playing better but just once I'd like him to look like Robert Quinn/Aldon Smith out there. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8