Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting Matchup This Week (Derek Cox Vs Justin Blackmon)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prediction:

Blackmon gets over 100 yards and a TD, Derek Cox pulls a hammy. 

only if blackmon strickly lines up on the right side.

Thats if Blackmon plays. Wasn't there talk of a groin injury? He's listed with a "Q" questionable on my fantasy football site. 

Quote:Thats if Blackmon plays. Wasn't there talk of a groin injury? He's listed with a "Q" questionable on my fantasy football site. 

TMD Take:

Put him on IR now!!!!!
Quote:TMD Take:

Put him on IR now!!!!!

trunt87 take: No!! put all of our players in and win those 2 or 3 meaningless games, baybee!! I want to miss out on the top pick and have the Jags be mediocre for another decade!!!
Quote:trunt87 take: No!! put all of our players in and win those 2 or 3 meaningless games, baybee!! I want to miss out on the top pick and have the Jags be mediocre for another decade!!!

Yes that is it. 

Because drafting number 1 always means that you will be in the playoffs the next season.  GENIUS. 

Quote:Yes that is it. 

Because drafting number always means that you will be in the playoffs the next season.  GENIUS. 

When theres a QB the level of the one sitting at the top of this draft, then yeah, in recent years, that usually does mean playoffs for the team that drafts him, the following year....lol. Try to keep up. 
Quote:When theres a QB the level of the one sitting at the top of this draft, then yeah, in recent years, that usually does mean playoffs for the team that drafts him, the following year....lol. Try to keep up. 

Really?  Care to name someone other than Andrew Luck?

How about Cam Newton?  How about Matt Stafford?  Sam Bradford anyone?  Didn't the Redskins pick number 2 and go to the playoffs also?

Sorry I just don't see Andrew Luck when I watch Teddy Bridgewater. 

Let him sit this week... we're going to run all over the Chargers...

Quote:Really?  Care to name someone other than Andrew Luck?

How about Cam Newton?  How about Matt Stafford?  Sam Bradford anyone?  Didn't the Redskins pick number 2 and go to the playoffs also?

Sorry I just don't see Andrew Luck when I watch Teddy Bridgewater. 

Andrew Luck is the closest to Bridgewater of all those you mentioned. Thats the experts saying that too, not me. 
Quote:Andrew Luck is the closest to Bridgewater of all those you mentioned. Thats the experts saying that too, not me. 

i don't care what the "experts" say.  The "experts"also said Gabbert was going to be the first pick in the draft.  Who cares what the experts say? 

Don't even act like Stafford and Bradford weren't extremely hyped coming out of college. 

Having a hard time keeping up?

The person they compare Andrew Luck to, didn't even lead his team to a .500 record his rookie season. 

Quote:i don't care what the "experts" say.  The "experts"also said Gabbert was going to be the first pick in the draft.  Who cares what the experts say? 

Don't even act like Stafford and Bradford weren't extremely hyped coming out of college. 

Having a hard time keeping up?

The person they compare Andrew Luck to, didn't even lead his team to a .500 record his rookie season. 

Don't act like Stafford is a bad QB.  He's doing a good job in a terrible situation.
Quote:Don't act like Stafford is a bad QB.  He's doing a good job in a terrible situation.

I am not acting like Stafford is a bad QB.  I didn't mean to imply that.  I think Stafford is really good.  But he has lead his team to one playoff appearance. 

If we get Bridgewater the same thing could happen.  We could have a really good QB and still not make the playoffs.
Quote:When theres a QB the level of the one sitting at the top of this draft, then yeah, in recent years, that usually does mean playoffs for the team that drafts him, the following year....lol. Try to keep up.

Why would you wanna put all your eggs in the basket for this one guy. You have no clue whether he will have a smooth transition to the NFL. Heck you don't even know if he's gonna be worth anything. Stop comparing him to Andrew Luck. Every QB is so different in many ways. Im sorry but i'm a little exhausted on hearing we need to tank for this guy. I like Bridgewater but im not willing to throw every player we have that has talent on IR. Blackmon will play this Sunday. Get over it.

Who says were evening drafting this guy Bridgewater anyways? There is a ton of talent in this draft and based on what I saw last Thursday. He hasn't convinced me yet that he's definitely worth the #1 pick.

Quote:i don't care what the "experts" say.  The "experts"also said Gabbert was going to be the first pick in the draft.  Who cares what the experts say? 

The experts never compared Gabbert to Andrew Luck. 

Quote:The experts never compared Gabbert to Andrew Luck. 

So what?  They said he was good enough to go number one and that alone tells me to take what they say with a grain of salt.  Now they are comparing Teddy Bridgewater to Andrew Luck?  I don't see it when I watch Bridgewater.  I think he is good, really good but I don't see Andrew Luck good. 
I hope he plays good the rest of the season and we get the first pick but we don't even know if we will have the 1st pick, its not Teddy or bust in this deep draft like some make it out to be.  Teddy is even no guarantee. The way he is built he might get hurt before the season is over. TMD will probably cry like a baby as usual if we don't get Teddy but as long as Dave makes the right pick and we have a good draft the Jags will be just fine and I will be happy.

I don't know whose side to take, Trunt or TMD. They're both making solid points...... Stalemate?

I thought this thread was about Blackmon vs Cox.

Not TMD vs Trunt. 

Quote:I don't know whose side to take, Trunt or TMD. They're both making solid points...... Stalemate?

11th Doctor is also making good points with Stafford. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5