Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do You Think Mr. Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
 is as embarrassed about this team(?) as most Jag fan's are????????

Depends...

If he has plans on moving it, no. 

If he is serious about staying in Jax, yes. 

Probably not embarrassed, Highly  disappointed? guaranteed.

Most likely. I mean at parties and shindigs I'm sure people joke about it with him all the time. Being the owner of a product chasing history is great unless it's for the worst team in history in the recent era.
its ok, he will get the last laugh come draft
I doubt he is embarrased.

He was probably more embarrased last year.

I think he's anxious to get to the draft and free agency.  I hope he's embarrassed enough to balance some free agent acquisitions (C Alex Mack & others) with the draft.

I believe Mr. Kahn understands why this season is a necessary result of the house cleaning that had to be done in order for his team to have success in the future. Men like him have faith in a decision process that has made them successful. They aren't embarrassed by something the knew was likely when they put it into motion.

In several speeches he made at different events he stated that we should not expect much this season and that we are building for the future. That being said i dont think he thought it would be this bad.

I'm not embarrassed by the Jags, and I don't think Mr. Khan is either.  They're doing poorly, but that's never stopped me from rooting for them before.  

It's a process.  The team will get better slowly but surely.  This team will be turned around in 2 years.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the team next year and this year look like night and day when all is said and done.

If anyone should be embarrassed it's not the fans or the owner.  It's Gene Smith who's product was seen on the field last year, evaluated by one of his peers, and determined to not be something to build off of.

He's wiping his tears with stacks of cash. 

At one point in his life he was working as a dishwasher and lived in a bus station. I doubt owning a bad NFL team is that embarassing for him.

Quote:At one point in his life he was working as a dishwasher and lived in a bus station. I doubt owning a bad NFL team is that embarassing for him.

How does one live in a bus station???
Quote:How does one live in a bus station???

You sleep on a bench and bathe from a sink in a public restroom.
unlike most Jaguars fans Khan understands what a rebuild is.

Quote:You sleep on a bench and bathe from a sink in a public restroom.

Doesn't the bus station close?
I know I catch flak from all my non-Jaguar friends (if they're non-Jaguar are they really friends) after every loss and even after bad plays. I had two texts from Detroit guys after the pick 6 this Sunday. I can't imagine how Shad feels, I contemplate changing my phone number sometimes.
Simple analogy....

He simply bought a house at a rock bottom price that required a lot of repairs. At this time, the house looks like crap but has the potential to double in value in the next 10 years.
Quote:Doesn't the bus station close?

back in the 50s/60s, i imagine buses ran all the time to keep up with demand.  even today, most bus stations close late and open early.

to be fair though, i thought khan slept at a YMCA before his dorms opened. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5