Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where Does Gabbert Rank In The List Of All Time Worst Nfl Qbs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If his career as a starter ended today he would sit at 28 Games Played, 53.3% Completion Rate (414/777), 156 YPG, 22 TDs, 24 INTs, 4,357 total yards, 66.4 QBR, and 5.6 YPA. 

What do you guys think?

Somewhere in the bottom of the barrel along with Joey Harrington, David Carr,  Ryan Leaf...

Top 5
Quote:If his career as a starter ended today he would sit at 28 Games Played, 53.3% Completion Rate (414/777), 156 YPG, 22 TDs, 24 INTs, 4,357 total yards, 66.4 QBR, and 5.6 YPA. 

What do you guys think?

Kill this topic and you're childish for creating a thread like this friend. He's bad get over it and stop acting like a jilted lover because he didn't turn out great for this team. We'll get a new qb next year so until then find something else to do with your time instead trying to make a gabbert sucks thread every single darn day.
Quote:Somewhere in the bottom of the barrel along with Joey Harrington, David Carr,  Ryan Leaf...

Yep, lets not forget to add Heath Shuler, David Klingler, Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, etc etc 
Oh, he's down there alright. 

I honestly think he's one of the worst of the modern era. I'm not exaggerating.
A really bad QB who only plays a handful of games (like Ryan Leaf) has less negative impact on his team than a poor to mediocre player who camps out in the starter position for several years. A couple of years ago Joey Harrington was the worst QB by that standard. I'm not sure if any of the more recent failures like Gabbert have exceeded Harrington's negative impact, but Gabbert has started and lost a lot of games, so he's probably near the bottom.

If one also factors in salary and cap room, JaMarcus Russell might be the all-time worst.

top 3 for sure

Doesn't even crack the top ten.

You guys are such kids.

Somewhere between Ryan Leaf and last nights TacoBell....

Quote:Doesn't even crack the top ten.

You guys are such kids.

Only reason I put him so high, is all the rule changes. Todays NFL is setup to help the QB and he still struggles pretty badly.
Same ranking as Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Which is at the dead bottom. He sucks and there isn't any potential to get better. Scared QBs are the worse.
He has achieved one thing that I just don't understand, the ability to practice at a level that keeps coaches believing he will someday play that way in a game. That is the only answer to why he has been allowed to remain the starter for two plus years. I don't believe I can remember a quarterback who played any worse then Blaine. He is a game killer, a team killer and coach killer. He has no pocket presences, He can not throw on the run, He will slide at the first sight of contact, He locks on his primary receiver to the point that the defense can read his eyes and bat down passes, He floats passes five yards beyond the receiver, He throws interceptions at the worst possible times, he fumbles the ball,  I can go on and on but what is the sense, He should have been benched a long time ago. i guess when you have a red shirt on and no one can hit you, you 

can look like a real NFL quarterback!

Quote:He has achieved one thing that I just don't understand, the ability to practice at a level that keeps coaches believing he will someday play that way in a game. That is the only answer to why he has been allowed to remain the starter for two plus years. I don't believe I can remember a quarterback who played any worse then Blaine. He is a game killer, a team killer and coach killer. He has no pocket presences, He can not throw on the run, He will slide at the first sight of contact, He locks on his primary receiver to the point that the defense can read his eyes and bat down passes, He floats passes five yards beyond the receiver, He throws interceptions at the worst possible times, he fumbles the ball, I can go on and on but what is the sense, He should have been benched a long time ago.

Seems like he has stage fright. Thats the worst thing to carry as a NFL starting QB. He should be a leader not a coward.
Top 10 easy

The most incredible thing to me is not how bad he is.  I said he was a horrible pick to begin with.  The most incredible thing is that he's started as many games as he has.  He'll clearly finish with the lowest QB rating of any QB with his number of starts in NFL history.  No other team in the history of the NFL has given a QB this many starts when it is so clear that he's this bad.  Seven INTs and 1 TD.  Who else in NFL history would continue to go with anyone other than a rookie with statistics this bad.  Russell and Leaf were number one picks and, thus, are bigger busts, but Gabbert will go down in history as the worst QB based upon the number of starts.

Quote:Doesn't even crack the top ten.

You guys are such kids.

For what we traded away to get him.... Yes he does, 2nd rd. pick to move up 10 spots.

5 - 27 record as a starter

1.8 QBR last week

2.4 QBR this week

When they show pics of biggest NFL QB BUSTS...Gabby's pic will be amongst Leaf, Russell, Carr, Couch, Gabbert
Quote:The most incredible thing to me is not how bad he is. I said he was a horrible pick to begin with. The most incredible thing is that he's started as many games as he has. He'll clearly finish with the lowest QB rating of any QB with his number of starts in NFL history. No other team in the history of the NFL has given a QB this many starts when it is so clear that he's this bad. Seven INTs and 1 TD. Who else in NFL history would continue to go with anyone other than a rookie with statistics this bad. Russell and Leaf were number one picks and, thus, are bigger busts, but Gabbert will go down in history as the worst QB based upon the number of starts.

His career reminds me a lot of Chris Weinke. Weinke started all 16 games in 2001 for Carolina as a rookie. He won the first game but went on to lose 15 straight with a 1-15 record. That was the longest losing streak done by the same starting quarterback.
Quote:The most incredible thing to me is not how bad he is.  I said he was a horrible pick to begin with.  The most incredible thing is that he's started as many games as he has.  He'll clearly finish with the lowest QB rating of any QB with his number of starts in NFL history.  No other team in the history of the NFL has given a QB this many starts when it is so clear that he's this bad.  Seven INTs and 1 TD.  Who else in NFL history would continue to go with anyone other than a rookie with statistics this bad.  Russell and Leaf were number one picks and, thus, are bigger busts, but Gabbert will go down in history as the worst QB based upon the number of starts.

So, worse than David Garrard?

I agree.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5