Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Odd/ Concerning Comment From Joeckel...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
per rotoworld: 

Luke Joeckel - T - Jaguars

Jaguars LT Luke Joeckel says his broken ankle is not a "career-ending or career-threatening thing."

We're only posting because it's a bit eye-brow raising Joeckel felt the need to say that. Nevertheless, there's no reason to believe he won't be 100 percent for next summer's camp. The No. 2 overall pick of the 2013 draft will be returning from a rookie season where he got dominated in his five-game cup of coffee.

TMD:

Why on earth would he say that unless this injury is even worse than we thought?
because of chicken little 

Because he was just drafted at #2?

Quote:Joeckel said he most likely will need surgery but the final determination has not yet been made. It’s not a career-threatening injury, and Joeckel is already talking about being aggressive with is rehab so he’s about to be back on the field before OTAs next spring. 

"I see myself coming back before that," he said. "I don’t really know a timeline right now but I want to get back as soon as possible. I want to have a full offseason. I want to come back and start getting back into football as soon as possible. 

"Not really thinking that far in the future, but this is kind of just a bump in the road but I’m not looking at it as being that serious. I’m going to come back better from it."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...rom-injury

because they knew you would bite :thumbsup:

I did a search for career ending ankle injuries but couldn't find anything.

They didn't include the question, so there's no context to know what he was responding to based on a blurb.   But, if it can get the whimperer to start wringing his hands over a broken ankle, and it gives the diva a chance to manufacture drama to start a new "look at me!" thread, it's a win win for him.

Where's Pirkster with that facepalm macro when we need him?

[Image: Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308...3-1658.gif]

This is just like the time Caldwell declared definitely Lewis a cornerstone of this franchise somehow.
Quote:They didn't include the question, so there's no context to know what he was responding to based on a blurb.   But, if it can get the whimperer to start wringing his hands over a broken ankle, it gives the diva a chance to manufacture drama to start a new "look at me!" thread.

You can hear the question at about the 1:57 mark in this video. He was asked if it was a clean break, and he expounded on that in his answer.

I just checked, Kimberly-Clark (the manufacturer of Depends) stock just spiked upward dramatically.
Nothing to see here. Alot of other things to worry about.
Quote:[Image: Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308...3-1658.gif]

I prefer the captain Picard face Palm
After watching the video, it makes the very existence of this thread even more laughable.

Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine it springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Lol
Why TMD. Why do you do this to yourself?

Because it's a bigger deal for a 6'6 325 pound man to recover from lower body injuries, esp when your feet are maybe the biggest asset to a lineman other than brute strength ... You little 5'8 160 pounders have it much easier
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JohnOehser'>@JohnOehser</a>: Bradley says Joeckel definitely should be ready for offseason program next spring.

Pages: 1 2 3 4