Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jedd Fisch - Will And Should He Still Be Here Next Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is the worst offense we've probably ever seen.  And while it lacks on talent... there's also the question of -- Is Jedd Fisch part of the problem?  

Maybe it's too early to tell.  But I think it's something the Jaguars are going to have to think long and hard about because when we get a new Quarterback, we don't want to be changing offensive coordinators in his second year if we can help it.

So do you think Fisch is part of the problem?  Or is it too early to tell?

Lets see what he does with Tebow before we hold judgement.  Bill Walsh couldnt win with Gabbert.

It will depend on how the team performs down the stretch. Odds are we will lose every game and he won't be resigned.

It is important to note that he is on a one year contract.

I think he is one and done.
Even though the team clearly lacks talent, play calling is play calling. When you run and when you throw, makes a huge difference in drives. He could be just as stumped as we are in what to do with some of these players. But, there has been multiple drives where a run instead of a pass, or pass instead of a run, could have made more of an impact. This ain't college. You actually have to mix it up and keep the defense guessing.

FIsch is horrible, some with compare to Koetter, but Koetter was doing the best with what he had, Fisch isn't even trying.  He may as well be Mularkey, in fact Gabbert seemed to regress (if thats even possible). 

Plz dont start this blaming the OC crap, its the QB

Yall blamed Dirk, look what he is doint with a real QB in ATL

I seen Gator fans say Dan Pease sucks, but look how much better the UF offense looks with Murphy starting, its the QB and always has been

Hard to evaluate him when a tackling dummy would be an upgrade at LG, a 5th round rookie would be an upgrade at center, and that smoking monkey would handily replace Gabbert without a decline in play. 

[Image: smoking-monkey.jpg]

lol give him a better interior line and a qb and maybe we can see his playbook

Too early with too little talent.

Am I the only one who laughed in delightful frustration about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter when Gabbert tossed a sweep to MoJo that was read like a cheap novel and resulted in loss of yards?  So what did Jedd Fisch do?  He fooled everyone by running the same play - but with Todman instead of MJD.  The man is brilliance personified.

New offense next year! Woohoo!.... again!
Lets see,... we open with two run plays where MJD is buried.................so we're 3rd and long right out of the gate.

I remember a game where I my seat was down in the southeast corner end zone.

right in front of me from about the 8 yard line....Brunnell flung one for a catch that went for touch down on our first offensive play.

Successful or not ...THAT made a statement to the opponent....(in fact I think it was the 'phins) that  THAT is how its gonna be!

Lame just came out and handed off a couple and we're done...the clots know he can't pass...was that an oC call ? or just Lame being Lame.

Don't even ask about MJD.....he's lost more than a step...he's just lost.

He goes full hands around ankles after the 1st quarter.  Does the offense have talent?  No, but run run screen doesnt even give the offense a chance at being successful. 

The thing that bothers me is that he's using poor route combinations.

The second interception illustrated the problem clearly. Watching it I thought Gabbert had throw into double coverage, then when I saw the wider angle I saw that there was another route there, for some reason there were two short routes right next to each other so if the outside route was an under then slant or crossing type of route he'd have pulled the outside defender out of position to make that play.

You shouldn't have two routes going to the same place, that's not how guys get open.

Quote:Am I the only one who laughed in delightful frustration about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter when Gabbert tossed a sweep to MoJo that was read like a cheap novel and resulted in loss of yards?  So what did Jedd Fisch do?  He fooled everyone by running the same play - but with Todman instead of MJD.  The man is brilliance personified.
I remember this. Fisch is terrible.
Dude, it's way too early to pass judgment on this guy. Seriously... Vic said it for years. "Players, not plays," "Football is a game of replacement." We're seeing this play out now. Our offense is a disaster because our line is terrible. I love Meester, but we should've drafted his replacement 3 years ago. Uche hasn't been healthy and hasn't looked stellar when he has been and RACKLEY. IS. AWFUL. Monroe is a decent LT, but we have a rookie on the right that is still learning the pro game. 

Let's not forget to mention that our best WR is still suspended until Tuesday and we played with a patchwork of other wideouts with Brown has been nicked up. Jeremy Ebert dropped a decent pass today that could've gone for a few yards. Let's get back to full strength before we axe the play caller.

Oh, and Gabbert's awful. Awful. He's like that train wreck you can't take your eyes off of, especially in the 2nd half when he started ducking and running for his life. The kid's got a cannon for an arm, but he has ZERO intangibles. No leadership, no pocket presence, no feel for the blitz. Awful. 

Why do we continue to have the same discussions every week....

We have the worst QB in the NFL

We have the worst interior line in the NFL

Our only WR or TE with any experience is Cecil Shorts

Its going to be a lot better next year with Teddy and an improved OL. Calm down. 

EDIT: I see lots of people are complaining about him trying to run on early downs. Would you rather have Blaine throw incompletions on those downs instead?

Fisch sucked at his previous job and he is simply clueless at this level.

He's terrible. You can predict the play calling for all 3 plays before the drive even starts. MJD runs on 2nd and 12 for a gain of 2 are getting tiresome.

Good bye, Jedd. 

Fisch is not the problem. If Peyton was on the team... He'd be the best thing since sliced bread.

When you have the "GABSTER" as your starting QB, what can you do?

Captain check- down has gotten 2 Hc's fired and 3 OC's. enough is enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5