Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NE joint practices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
These start today. What a great opportunity for this team. First, Marrone and TC come in and completely flip the attitude of the franchise, and now they get to continue that by practicing against the best. I really hope some of the "Patriot Way" rubs off on them. I'm also very curious to see if Blake, ARob, and Fournette continue to look sharp against this team.
It's always good to get a measure of where you are as a team by doing these joint practices with another group during training camp. There was a ton of hype around the Jaguars last year, until they had the joint practices with the Bucs, at which point flags started to go up, and that was Tampa Bay. Not exactly a benchmark franchise. Going up against arguably the best franchise in the NFL over the past 15+ years is a good way to get a sense of where this team is in their transformation. Unlike last year against Tampa, I think you'll see a more disciplined, better prepared team going into these practices. Not to mention, a more talented roster as well.
It's an interesting dynamic with Coughlin and the Patriots. I hope Belichik doesn't order a 'hit' on the field to get even.

I jest.

Kind of…
Honestly, I think Marrone is a hell of a coach. He's exactly what this team needs. I expect to see a ton of growth over the course of the season, and if Blake improves--even if he plays just as the level he played at the last two weeks of last year--I think we're playoff bound.
The boys are gonna dig these temps.

Mon
[Image: rain_s_cloudy.png]
76°
61°

Tue
[Image: cloudy.png]
77°
54°

Wed
[Image: sunny.png]
83°
59°

Thu
[Image: partly_cloudy.png]
84°
59°
https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/89...1701608449

AR and Lee getting it done at joint practice.

Hurns possibly injured?

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...4993213441

Caled Bluiett look:

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/89...7331127296

Hurns left the field with trainers - walking on his own at least.
Yeah, sounds like he got tangled up on a play and ended up limping off to the locker room. Hopefully it's something minor.
Ben Volin‏Verified account @BenVolin 4m4 minutes ago
More
Jags Allen Hurns got tangled up with CB Jon Jones along the sideline and remained down for several minutes. Finally limps off to locker room
edited for redundancy
(08-07-2017, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]edited for redundancy

Since when has redundancy been an issue here? Wink
For those at home or access to a TV, it looks like they are showing the practice on NFLN.
(08-07-2017, 11:11 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]

Since when has redundancy been an issue here? Wink

Since when has redundancy been an issue here?
(08-07-2017, 11:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Live radio link.

http://www.patriots.com/patriots-radio

Seriously, they're talking about hotdowags and suwasages.

Frangie, Ballou, and Boselli are up there. They should be broadcasting this stuff.

"The Jags have gotten pressure on Brady. Not sure if they're known for that."

Brady throws a bad pass and they say he "looked like Bortles on that one."
John Oehser‏Verified account @JohnOehser  3m3 minutes ago
More
3.Jaguars QB Blake Bortles also playing well. Had nice passes to A-Rob and Marqise Lee -- and intercepted just now by Malcolm Butler.

Ben VolinVerified account @BenVolin  5m5 minutes ago
More

In 11 on 11, Bortles stares down Robinson the whole way, Malcolm Butler undercuts the pass for an INT

91% sure that this post will not lead to more redundant postings
DiRocco, ESPN:
Ngakoue and Lee standing out against pats positively.
Now they're complaining that the Jaguars media is on the field.
They're being really kind in their commentary about Marrone. Practically raving about the guy.
(08-07-2017, 09:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's an interesting dynamic with Coughlin and the Patriots. I hope Belichik doesn't order a 'hit' on the field to get even.

I jest.

Kind of…

They're actually good friends, as are many coaches, players, execs. They all come up together, interning, assisting and grinding their way to the top. The dynamic actually goes back to their early days with Parcells. Games are games, never personal unless you are Rex Ryan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9