Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3 INT's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Brandon Allen, He looks like Bortles 2.0. At least Bortles has more experience. Allen is better than Henne right now and should probably be the legit backup.. He is no saviour if that is what you were hoping for..
If he was 5" taller and didn't throw more picks than Bortles he'd be great!
Nah not a complete clone.. Allen looks like a natural thrower, bortles  not.  Bortles and henne have tutored allen to make bad decisions which result in ints and batted passes. But yeah, they all suck. Tank for Darnold.
(08-31-2017, 10:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah not a complete clone.. Allen looks like a natural thrower, bortles  not.  Bortles and henne have tutored allen to make bad decisions which result in ints and batted passes. But yeah, they all suck. Tank for Darnold.

So you think this is Blake fault?

(08-31-2017, 10:41 PM)Rooster Wrote: [ -> ]If he was 5" taller and didn't throw more picks than Bortles he'd be great!

I hope he,can throw 69 more TD's as well
Blake needs to get confidence back..... Playing football and having fun can fix that. He needs his teammates to rally behind him, build him up....
Allen will be our version of Trevor Simeian/Tom Savage after we draft a 1st round QB. Good enough to keep the boat afloat while the rookie learns but not good enough to lead the team to the playoffs. At least not yet.
(08-31-2017, 11:05 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Allen will be our version of Trevor Simeian/Tom Savage after we draft a 1st round QB. Good enough to keep the boat afloat while the rookie learns but not good enough to lead the team to the playoffs. At least not yet.

Brandon Allen is the Sasquatch of Jaguar QBs
I'll take "Bad Analogies" for $500, Alex.
(08-31-2017, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take "Bad Analogies" for $500, Alex.

LOL, I love the sarcasm
All things considered I liked what I saw from Allen. Hopefully they don't try to put him on practice squad.
(08-31-2017, 10:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah not a complete clone.. Allen looks like a natural thrower, bortles  not.  Bortles and henne have tutored allen to make bad decisions which result in ints and batted passes. But yeah, they all suck. Tank for Darnold.

This is what a post devoid of all brain cells looks like, ladies and gentlemen.
(09-01-2017, 12:30 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is what a post devoid of all brain cells looks like, ladies and gentlemen.

Stop falling for lame troll bait and post about football. Personal attacks are not permitted. 

(Final friendly warning.)

And when has tanking actually done any team any good? It certainly didn't help the Colts or Washington (although they got lucky with drafting Cousins in the 4th round).

No, if neither Bortles or Allen works out, then it's simply best to take whoever falls to them. I wouldn't move up unless any of these guys show signs of being on the level of Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.
(09-01-2017, 12:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 12:30 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what a post devoid of all brain cells looks like, ladies and gentlemen.

Stop falling for lame troll bait and post about football. Personal attacks are not permitted. 

Attacked the post, not him.
So we're all in agreement now that Allen isn't even close to being the answer, right?

I said it several times in the recent past that many of his passes that worked would be picked against starters. Turns out it didn't even need to be starters.

Staring Dede down on every throw, he built his success in the preseason on going to a guy that was just much better than the scrubs guarding him.

The good news is now he can go on the practice squad and no one will worry about him being picked up.
Still think it's the most logical thing to do this weekend for the team. They need to keep Bortles and Allen and let Henne go. Allen has showed some good things. He's young. He's been very limited. But I like his upside and either way if we're going to sink this year why does it matter whose the back-up if Bortles can't hang in there? We'll end up going a different route in 2018 regardless.

This would be the perfect time and excuse to let your 6th RD pick play if you end up cutting Bortles in the off season and bringing in a guy like Brees or Cousins or drafting highly enough to find another starter. You would still have a guy that's entering year three with this offense and system.
(08-31-2017, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take "Bad Analogies" for $500, Alex.

(09-01-2017, 12:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 12:30 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what a post devoid of all brain cells looks like, ladies and gentlemen.

Ummm...
Lol thread police nycjags
We should cut Henne and Keep Allen. Even though he had the interceptions, he's far more accurate than any QB on the roster, he's mobile, and pocket presence is also the best on the roster.
I'll tell you one thing. Pat Mahomes has looked promising this year so far during preseason. If Andy Reid doesn't rush him and they can keep Alex Smith in the line up for another year or two. He'll be the one to watch out of this class.

Watson with the tinhorns has been kind of iffy. Really all over the place accuracy wise. Been eating a lot of sacks pressure wise. And he looked ROUGH in that shutout to New Orleans the other night. Hopefully he struggles for our sake this year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4