Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Post Game Analysis/Celebration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Now that this game is in hand, what were the best things you saw that provides the most optimism going forward for this team? For me, they go like this:

1. Offensive line- How did this happen against such a great defensive line?
2. Defense- This defense will keep the Jaguars in every game. Houston does have bad offense, but the performance by our
                 defense today was incredible.
3. Fournette- The real deal! 
4. No turnovers
5. Bortles played well enough to win. That's enough for me.

Now all we need is to find a kicker!

Correction, Houston does have bad offense. I got excited with Gipson's pick and lost my train of thought.
Didn't think we had a shot. Thought the game would be called in favor for Houston. Bortles was effective and we looked like a real team!
The coaching. This was a prepared team, they came in with a plan, they kept the things that worked and those that didn't were changed. The tinhorns fought back at times but they had an answer each time.
The defense was incredible. Yannick and Campbell were monsters!
The bottom line is that this is not Gus' team despite the lack of turnover with the coaching staff.

We saw a team that actually dominated an opponent for four quarters, and didn't let them back in by playing it close.

I think we sent a pretty big message to the league and our division today.
Division is ours. Don't care if its an overreaction, this game is all I needed to see. The defense is incredible, and Fournette is a huge help to the offense.
Coaching/Discipline - 180 degree turnaround

Bortles - solid ball control - not bad at all

Pass Rush - took total advantage of a struggling o-line

receivers - catch the damn ball, please

O-Line - Proved EVERYBODY wrong

Fournette - Real Deal

Ivory - Not done yet - good spell back

Secondary - Bouye got worked a bit - but wouldn't give up the big play - otherwise great - at least three of those 10 sacks were from great coverage
This team is eye opening. This should get every Jags fan that is on the bench to buy a ticket after this showing.
Pretty sure we could also use a TE.
I picked the Jags to win today in the pick'em league......

I was Right!

So, I'm a Homer.....
I really liked how we kept sending the pressure even late in the game. No 3 man fronts and giving the QB all day to pick us apart.

The play of the O-line was shocking - in a good way.
Great effort all around. I liked the running game, amazing what a player like Fournette can do. If there were any negatives I'd say to many drops by the receivers and to many defensive penalties but it was an amazing win and I'm not complaining. Looking forward to the game against the tacks next week.
(09-10-2017, 03:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]The coaching. This was a prepared team, they came in with a plan, they kept the things that worked and those that didn't were changed. The tinhorns fought back at times but they had an answer each time.

Totally. The coaching was the difference today. The texans were the lesser team and the coaching put together a gameplan to safely push down and hold down a lesser team.

I hope we can see some longer runs from Fournette as the season goes forward, but I liked his ability to fall forward on every carry.
That's what teams who know how to finish games do.
Myles Jack was everywhere.

Look like FB position is not useless....

The whole DL was unbelievable.

Blake will be good with this kind of running game.

WE WON !!!!!!!
From the stats seemed like we dominated. Anyway to catch the game later as I'm in south Florida with no power?
Calais Campbell is worth every penny.

We need a kicker.

The lines played great.

Bortles would have had a better statline without the drops.
Campbell - 4 sacks
Ngakoue - 2 sacks
Jackson - 1
Fowler - 1
McCray - 1.5
Jones - .5

Brutal
Will this be the #1 rated defense after the week is said and done?
Coaching was so good, the team look perfectly prepared! If it wasn't for some penalties we'd have been perfect on defense.

OLine did a great job, the game was prepared wonderfully to take away Watt and the others by running running and running.

Pass rush was finally fantastic, Campbell 4 sacks! It's not just about individuals, the Dline is loaded and you can't block everyone, double Jackson or Campbell and you are in trouble with the others.

Is it just me or Myles Jack played probably his best game for us, too bad for the INT called back becuase of the penalty.

Bouye got a couple too many penalties but when you play Hopkins it's easy for that to happen.

What can I say? Super happy and unexpectedly so!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9