Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars @ Browns Game Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   Our Jacksonville Jaguars are in Cleveland for the first time in four years to play the Browns for a regular season game this afternoon.

With the help of the Steelers victory of the Titans on Thursday Night Football, our Jaguars are currently in first place by 1/2 a game with their 6-3 record.  With a road win in Cleveland, Jaguars have an opportunity this afternoon to both extend their lead with a 7-3 record, and keep the Browns as the only winless team in the NFL this season at 0-10.

Chad Henne threw the game-winning touchdown pass to Cecil Shorts with 40 seconds remaining on the fourth quarter, as the Jaguars defeated the Browns by the score of 32-28, in their last visit at Cleveland back on December 1, 2013.

Jacksonville also defeated Cleveland in both teams recent meeting, winning 24-6 at EverBank Field, more than three years ago back on October 19, 2014. Blake Bortles threw a 31-yard touchdown pass to Allen Robinson with 7 seconds remaining in the first quarter.

Jaguars also did the rest of the game scoring in the second half, with Josh Scobee kicking his 30-yard field goal in the third quarter, and both Dennard Robinson and Storm Johnson each scored TD runs from 8 yards and 3 yards, and three Josh Scobee PAT's for the Jaguar'a 24-3 home win.

Jacksonville also leads the all-time regular season series over Cleveland with an 11-5-0 record in today's 16th meeting.

Jaguars also is currently #1 and leads the NFL in both Rushing Offense, Opponents First Downs Not Allowed (By Their Defense) with 146, and Passing Defense this season, after 9 games played, and 10 weeks of the 2017 NFL season.

A combination of showers and wind at 39 degrees, feels like 38 degrees, is the game forecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium, next to Lake Erie,  for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 45% precipitation, 66% humidity, and west/northwest winds at 22 miles per hour.

NO injuries,  continue your quest to win your first divisional title, and your seventh game today, since winning the AFC Central title in 1999, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!    Wink Smile Cool Big Grin

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2017/regular11

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111901...ab=preview

http://506sports.com/

http://www.nfl.com/salute
Browns should win this one.
Lets gooooo
(11-19-2017, 01:02 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Browns should win this one.

Hey you don' say that
Keep your eyes on the prize!
Go Jaguars!
Wind Advisory in effect in Cleveland until 4 p.m. wind gusts off Lake Erie of 35 m.p.h. Wintry mix of rain and snow expected. Temps in low 30’s.

Our running game better be working, as well as our run defense. Don’t think there will be much passing today.
Every week I say the same thing: This game scares me.

The Browns are an NFL team. The NFL is all about parity. This isn't Alabama against Mississippi Vocational College. The Browns have a chance. Our offense is dinged up.

Jaguars 14, Browns 13.
I dunno, I have a gut feeling it'll be close but at the same time I think our defense will destroy Kizer. 

I think if Bortles takes care of the football it should be a relatively simple W
Drove 6 hours to watch the Jags play. Saw the opener in Houston. Now time to watch my first cold weather NFL game. Let's go JAGS!!!!
It's DeDe day.
(11-19-2017, 09:28 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]It's DeDe day.

Nice Smile
Jags D - 18, Browns D - 6

Final Jax - 24, Browns - 7.
[Image: 1w0p6i.jpg]
I'm actually hoping the jaguars hold out fournette to let him get back to 100% for a possible playoff push

I don’t know.........sleet, high winds ( gusts of 30 m.p.h. )..........doesn’t sound like a 200 yard kinda day.

Honestly, scoring points is going to be tough......Browns play good run defense, our run offense will be negatively affected with the injuries on the OL. Kicking field goals will be tricky .Given the playing conditions today, I can see the Browns putting 8 or 9 on the line, making it virtually impossible to run. That puts the pressure on Bortles ( uh oh ) to pass in miserable weather conditions.
On defense, our guys will shut down any passing game the Browns attempt, especially in this weather. The run game is the Browns only chance, given our relative rankings. Look out if they start controlling the line of scrimmage. We have to load the line and challenge their QB to throw.
In summary, as I see it, this will be a low scoring game, maybe 13-10. I think it will be a field position/ turnover determined outcome.
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Go JAGS!
[Image: u7h08.jpg]" />
I wonder if the fans of other teams worried this much about us during our long inhabitance in the projects of Suckville? Probably not.
(11-19-2017, 10:00 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: [ -> ]

I don’t know.........sleet, high winds ( gusts of 30 m.p.h. )..........doesn’t sound like a 200 yard kinda day.

It's do-able. A reverse handoff. A double reverse. Two screen passes and three punt returns, one for a TD. 

Tongue Tongue

(11-19-2017, 09:10 AM)IndestructibleJag Wrote: [ -> ]Drove 6 hours to watch the Jags play. Saw the opener in Houston. Now time to watch my first cold weather NFL game. Let's go JAGS!!!!

Have fun and stay warm!
A Special Teams score ( kickoff or punt return score ) could be decisive today, for either team.