Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Crazy, unfounded theory that's just wacky enough to make sense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Let's call this what it is: the election is over. Hillary won. This was established long ago. The CBS news showed live footage from a Trump rally tonight. The attendance was such that Whatshisface who's running with Hillary would have been disappointed. So why, shortly before election day, has the race "tightened up"?

My theory: the polls are being manipulated to draw votes away from third-party candidates. If the Libertarian Party in particular were to sneak away with 10% of the vote, or that Evan McMullin guy were to somehow win Utah, do you have any idea how much egg an already-torn establishment from both parties would have on its face?

So, yes, tinfoil hat time, I think that the inexplicable rise of Donald Trump in the polls is nothing more than a ploy to get voters out to the polls, and to make sure that there are no "unwanted" third-party success stories.

Agree? Disagree? Curious about what I'm drinking and want some? Discuss.

I'm opposite. I think the polls have been manipulated for months and are finally accurate now.
Completley plausible, push comes to shove the big parties want to make sure they're the only player again in 4 years
Quote:I'm opposite. I think the polls have been manipulated for months and are finally accurate now.

Polls have to maintain legitimacy towards the end so next time they can say that their poll is accurate when they fudge the numbers early on next election
Quote:Let's call this what it is: the election is over. Hillary won. This was established long ago. The CBS news showed live footage from a Trump rally tonight. The attendance was such that Whatshisface who's running with Hillary would have been disappointed. So why, shortly before election day, has the race "tightened up"?

My theory: the polls are being manipulated to draw votes away from third-party candidates. If the Libertarian Party in particular were to sneak away with 10% of the vote, or that Evan McMullin guy were to somehow win Utah, do you have any idea how much egg an already-torn establishment from both parties would have on its face?

So, yes, tinfoil hat time, I think that the inexplicable rise of Donald Trump in the polls is nothing more than a ploy to get voters out to the polls, and to make sure that there are no "unwanted" third-party success stories.

I'd like to know what you're drinking.  I've had a few and could stand to switch it up with something new.
It's a fact Democrats have been purposefully oversampled.

Couple that with the fact that Hillary got fewer votes in the D primary than her run against O, and that Trump had a record number of votes in the R primary...

The polls never added up to begin with.

Quote:It's a fact Democrats have been purposefully oversampled.

Couple that with the fact that Hillary got fewer votes in the D primary than her run against O, and that Trump had a record number of votes in the R primary...

The polls never added up to begin with.

Makes total sense.
Oh, I think it's simpler than that.

The media's creating an air of suspense so we'll tune in.  They did it last presidential election, and that one wasn't particularly close.

Hell, Donald knows that trick better than anyone.

Quote:Let's call this what it is: the election is over. Hillary won. This was established long ago. The CBS news showed live footage from a Trump rally tonight. The attendance was such that Whatshisface who's running with Hillary would have been disappointed. So why, shortly before election day, has the race "tightened up"?

Heroine.. It's what's for dinner
Quote:Heroine.. It's what's for dinner
Eating heroin = really bad drug trip, probably death

Eating a heroine = cannibalism

Careful with your e's there, Winger.
Quote:Eating heroin = really bad drug trip, probably death

Eating a heroine = cannibalism

Careful with your e's there, Winger.

I guess both could be good
Quote:I guess both could be good

Just depends on how you go about it... :whistling:
Quote:Just depends on how you go about it... :whistling:

Just nibbles Big Grin
Quote:Just nibbles Big Grin

Are you even supposed to eat heroin, much less nibble on it?
Quote:Are you even supposed to eat heroin, much less nibble on it?

Well the heroine can eat the heroin like an after dinner mint.
So...what's in Huma's emails?

Quote:Let's call this what it is: the election is over. Hillary won. This was established long ago. The CBS news showed live footage from a Trump rally tonight. The attendance was such that Whatshisface who's running with Hillary would have been disappointed. So why, shortly before election day, has the race "tightened up"?

You are wrong.  Trump is going to win.  It's that simple.   The polls are telling you the truth. 
I think no matter who wins, America will wake up disoriented on November 9th feeling terribly hung over, will roll over in bed and have a moment of shock and horror when they see who is lying in bed next to them sleeping. Try as it might, America cannot quietly slip out of the room for four years.
Quote:You are wrong. Trump is going to win. It's that simple. The polls are telling you the truth.

Trump down in the polls - "the polls lie. What polls? This is rigged."

Trump up in the polls - "look at the polls! They're fixed now. The polls are great."
Pages: 1 2 3 4