Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles working with passing coach this week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-the-week/

Will give him credit, he is trying.

3rd overall pick still needs a mechanics coach in his 3rd year. I wonder if Derek Carr still needs an outside coach to help with his mechanics?
Been critical of the guy, but at least he isn't ignoring it.

Quote:Been critical of the guy, but at least he isn't ignoring it.

If he truly wants a future in the NFL, he better damn sure do something about that god awful release of his.
I'm all for any move that may help the kid get back on track.  He clearly needs help, and they are trying to get it for him even if it's unconventional. 

I wish they would have done it after the ravens game.  I think it was pretty clear by then that he was off the rails in terms of his throwing motion. 
Quote:I'm all for any move that may help the kid get back on track.  He clearly needs help, and they are trying to get it for him even if it's unconventional. 

I wish they would have done it after the ravens game.  I think it was pretty clear by then that he was off the rails in terms of his throwing motion. 

I don't think much will come of it this year, but with next year being his 4th year and him having seen how great Carr and these rookies are performing, I think we see the best Bortles has to offer next year.
Quote:I'm all for any move that may help the kid get back on track.  He clearly needs help, and they are trying to get it for him even if it's unconventional. 

This isn't a "they would have done it" thing.

This is Bortles doing it on his own.  Coaching staff apparently doesn't have time to get in even a few reps to attempt to get on track.

I mean, having a dedicated QB coach not looking at these types of things is shocking.  I'd like to know what falls in the area of responsibility of that position if that ISN'T what they look at.
Quote:This isn't a "they would have done it" thing.

This is Bortles doing it on his own.  Coaching staff apparently doesn't have time to get in even a few reps to attempt to get on track.

I mean, having a dedicated QB coach not looking at these types of things is shocking.  I'd like to know what falls in the area of responsibility of that position if that ISN'T what they look at.

Ahhh. I see.  (should have read the linked blurb :teehee: )

Well, I 'm glad he's making an effort.  I hope his guy can get a few things sorted for him in limited time. 
Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-the-week/

Will give him credit, he is trying.

No kidding --- He must have read my playoff thread !!
Quote:I don't think much will come of it this year, but with next year being his 4th year and him having seen how great Carr and these rookies are performing, I think we see the best Bortles has to offer next year.

That could very well be. His struggles this season could be the push he needs to know he can't sit back and relax in the offseason anymore and re-dedicate himself to being a better passer. That would be best case scenario.
Maybe he will learn from it.

He knows he has bad mechanics, and he didn't work enough last summer.

If he is a smart guy, he will work like crazy next summer. I still have faith in him....for one more year.

"This week"... he should have been doing this way before now.

Bortles is teaching the QB coach, not the other way around. He is perfect and you are stupid.

/spacecoastjag

I heard you can hang out with I believe Joe Montana for $65k a day

Quote:I heard you can hang out with I believe Joe Montana for $65k a day

[Image: 10fanswats.JPG]
Quote:3rd overall pick still needs a mechanics coach in his 3rd year. I wonder if Derek Carr still needs an outside coach to help with his mechanics?

Love Monday morning QBs er posters. I wonder if the Jags should have selected Michael Jordan over Sam Bowie. That one really killed us.

Tom Brady consults with Tom House every off season. I guess he can't play either...
Based on the picture used in the article, he certainly needs it:

[Image: 618658954-e1478000444330.jpg?w=454]
Not all quarterbacks develop at the same pace. Some come in their rookie seasons and light it up; a good deal take a few years to really reach their peak. He's trying, and I hope he fixes it.

Presumably he's doing this because he doesn't have anyone to work with now that Hackett is OC.

Which is kind of a frightening thought.  I mean on the coach's part.  I mean good for Blake getting someone in to work with.  But why wasn't Hackett working on these kind of things before?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5