Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Disgusting we drafted Bortles over Carr and Mack and Fowler over Cooper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Carr today: 513 yards, 4TDs, 0 picks, W on the road to take Raiders to 6-2 with a god awful defense and a franchise record in penalties in one game. Oh, and they are now 5-0 on the road this season while Bortles has 2 wins on the road in his entire career, and both because of fluke wins.

Mack today: 2 sacks, 1 FF, 3+ QB hits

Cooper: 12 rec, 173 yards, TD

The Raiders should be us. Get Dave's bum [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of here. I don't understand how Khan can look at the Raiders and even stand talking to Dave on a daily basis. McKenzie literally capitalized on all of Dave's screw ups. All McKenzie did was make common sense picks while Dave tried outsmarting everyone. Well now he looks like an idiot. Dave needs to go right along with Gus this offseason.

Lol you could say that about ANY NFL team. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

It always comes down to coaching.
Great thread. Bravo.

You don't think Fowler would be a star in New England? I do.
Carr has no running game or defense, same as Blake, and he is still winning. SMDH.

Quote:Lol you could say that about ANY NFL team. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

No, you can't, because the Raiders literally picked right after us in both of those drafts. In 2014 all everyone was saying was that teams wouldn't take QBs in the top 5 and would instead take the elite players and either trade back up for QBs late in the first or take them with their second round picks. What does Dave do? Try to outsmart conventional wisdom and takes Bortles 3rd overall. What does McKenzie do? Follows conventional wisdom and took Khalil Mack and then Carr at the top of the second. The following year the two players everyone had pegged as elite were Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper. What does Dave do? Take the Florida defensive end who wasn't even a good pure pass rusher in college. The Raiders were in the same situation we were two years ago and they are now 6-2 with what looks like a future top 5 QB. This hurts, a lot.

Quote:You don't think Fowler would be a star in New England? I do.
No, I think we would be average at best.
I can't even bash the players anymore as long as this coaching staff is here, its literally the worst in nfl history. I bet Cyprien would be a pro bowler under Mike Zimmer.
Quote:Carr today: 513 yards, 4TDs, 0 picks, W on the road to take Raiders to 6-2 with a god awful defense and a franchise record in penalties in one game. Oh, and they are now 5-0 on the road this season while Bortles has 2 wins on the road in his entire career, and both because of fluke wins.

Mack today: 2 sacks, 1 FF, 3+ QB hits

Cooper: 12 rec, 173 yards, TD

The Raiders should be us. Get Dave's bum [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of here. I don't understand how Khan can look at the Raiders and even stand talking to Dave on a daily basis. McKenzie literally capitalized on all of Dave's screw ups. All McKenzie did was make common sense picks while Dave tried outsmarting everyone. Well now he looks like an idiot. Dave needs to go right along with Gus this offseason.

Yep, it hurts man
This staff may have stagnated Carr from developing into the player he is today.
Quote:No, you can't, because the Raiders literally picked right after us in both of those drafts. In 2014 all everyone was saying was that teams wouldn't take QBs in the top 5 and would instead take the elite players and either trade back up for QBs late in the first or take them with their second round picks. What does Dave do? Try to outsmart conventional wisdom and takes Bortles 3rd overall. What does McKenzie do? Follows conventional wisdom and took Khalil Mack and then Carr at the top of the second. The following year the two players everyone had pegged as elite were Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper. What does Dave do? Take the Florida defensive end who wasn't even a good pure pass rusher in college. The Raiders were in the same situation we were two years ago and they are now 6-2 with what looks like a future top 5 QB. This hurts, a lot.

1. They actually picked before us when they selected Carr.

2. That's B.S. I wasn't a big fan of Fowler, but many analysts considered him the top non-QB in the draft.
Every team in the NFL could grimace over misses. No point in whining about it.
That's three great players DC missed.

Of course this staff may have mesed them up.

Watched the whole raider-bucs game .....the raiders penalized themselves to heck and back. 

Those three guys were crucial to their win in overtime.

i hope he's learned a valuable lesson in drafting.....If Khan keeps him we can only hope that he did.

Coaching is bad...not players.

Quote:No, you can't, because the Raiders literally picked right after us in both of those drafts. In 2014 all everyone was saying was that teams wouldn't take QBs in the top 5 and would instead take the elite players and either trade back up for QBs late in the first or take them with their second round picks. What does Dave do? Try to outsmart conventional wisdom and takes Bortles 3rd overall. What does McKenzie do? Follows conventional wisdom and took Khalil Mack and then Carr at the top of the second. The following year the two players everyone had pegged as elite were Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper. What does Dave do? Take the Florida defensive end who wasn't even a good pure pass rusher in college. The Raiders were in the same situation we were two years ago and they are now 6-2 with what looks like a future top 5 QB. This hurts, a lot.

So your reasoning thinks Rob Gronkowski would be a star in Jacksonville? You just don't get it. The Jags are ineptly run.
Quote:Lol you could say that about ANY NFL team. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

haha yes Jack is a mastermind at developing QBs and defensive Ends, and WRs!!
Quote:This staff may have stagnated Carr from developing into the player he is today.
And who hired the people who put this staff together?
Quote:haha yes Jack is a mastermind at developing QBs and defensive Ends, and WRs!!

Jack Del Rio gets MORE out his talent than most NFL coaches. That's a fact.
Quote:Coaching is bad...not players.
You're fooling yourself if you think this is all coaching. I know what garbage QBs look like and bortles is a garbage QB right now. Sprays the ball all over the place, looks like a deer in headlights half the time, can't hit the broad side of a horse half the time, a pick machine, only thing he does well is run. Blake is at minimum a top 5 worst starting QB in the league, MINIMUM. 

Fowler is not a pass rushing defensive end. He never has and never will be. His best pass rushing trait is blitzing from the A-Gap. He is too weak, does not have consistent bend, can't use his hands and feet at the same time, and on top of all that is head case. If you want to know how a pass rushing defensive end drafted in the top 3 is supposed to look, look at Bosa.

Quote:You're fooling yourself if you think this is all coaching. I know what garbage QBs look like and bortles is a garbage QB right now. Sprays the ball all over the place, looks like a deer in headlights half the time, can't hit the broad side of a horse half the time, a pick machine, only thing he does well is run. Blake is at minimum a top 5 worst starting QB in the league, MINIMUM.

Fowler is not a pass rushing defensive end. He never has and never will be. His best pass rushing trait is blitzing from the A-Gap. He is too weak, does not have consistent bend, can't use his hands and feet at the same time, and on top of all that is head case. If you want to know how a pass rushing defensive end drafted in the top 3 is supposed to look, look at Bosa.

Bingo
I think a lot of us are forgetting that Bortles looked like trash half the time last year too, it was just offset but high variance big pass plays that gave us hope he could develop into a franchise QB and keep improving but clearly it ain't happening; without the big pass plays we are seeing what he is, trash. He doesn't have touch or accuracy, and he has a weak arm for his size. All these things were issues when he came out and is why a lot of us didn't want to draft him that year. Literally, some of us have scouted these players better than Dave. Dave can't judge talent worth a damn.

Pages: 1 2 3 4