Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We need a new QB!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Help! Alex Smith is 4 for 11 for 41 yards at half and is single handledly cost his team the playoffs the past 5 weeks. Mariota has more INTs than TDs. Dak Prescott is nothing but a game manager without Elliott and now that he has a RB as bad as Yeldon, he's been exposed as worse than Bortles. Derek Carr is having an average season! Jameis Winston is a headcase.

Wah wah.....Bortles isn't good enough. These fans with their flavors of the month at QB when we have the most durable guy in the NFL.

Look around the league....Bortles is better and more consistent than most. 

Get over it. Bortles is good.

Coughlin and Marrone know what they are doing. Let's make a run in the playoffs. Let's go Jags!!!!!
This is what late games lead to, an extra 3 hours to hit the sauce hard.
I'm not going to put Blake in the "good" category yet. He's in the average category for sure. He's played well this season outside of a stretch here or there and I do expect to see him back next year along with a rookie or middle-tier FA.
[Image: WYk0.jpg]
This is what we need

[Image: 23926366_1516450468436132_76437687780796...e=5A899058]
(11-26-2017, 03:43 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]This is what late games lead to, an extra 3 hours to hit the sauce hard.

Dude has a point though. Every QB people tend to point to as being better than Bortles has been stinking up the field over the past few weeks.
(11-26-2017, 03:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]This is what we need

Never going to happen.

Another fan dream. Fans are so delousional. Redskins didn't invest in Cousins for four to five years to let him walk. Jags didn't invest in Bortles for four years to watch him walk. Both of those QBs will be in the same places next year even if Washington uses the franchise tag for $34 mil. Teams don't let franchise QBs walk. Wake up.
he might be average...but he's getting better it seems. And very durable.
(11-26-2017, 04:04 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 03:43 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]This is what late games lead to, an extra 3 hours to hit the sauce hard.

Dude has a point though. Every QB people tend to point to as being better than Bortles has been stinking up the field over the past few weeks.

Look back at every year....."oh I wish I had Luck." "Oh I wish I had Mariota." "Oh I wish I had Dak." "Oh I wish I had Alex Smith."

It's embarrassing. Tell these Monday Morning QBs to go pick out some ice cream flavors. They don't have a clue. 

Dak was great with Elliott. Terrible without him. Bortles had Gerhart and Yeldon for 4 years. Now he's playing well with Fournette. These fans don't know football. They watch ESPN and like flashy things.
(11-26-2017, 04:05 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 03:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]This is what we need

Never going to happen.

Another fan dream. Fans are so delousional. Redskins didn't invest in Cousins for four to five years to let him walk. Jags didn't invest in Bortles for four years to watch him walk. Both of those QBs will be in the same places next year even if Washington uses the franchise tag for $34 mil. Teams don't let franchise QBs walk. Wake up.
when it does dont cry
(11-26-2017, 04:08 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]he might be average...but he's getting better it seems. And very durable.

That last portion gets overlooked sometimes.

Bortles for all his faults is one durable son of a [BLEEP].  He has taken a beating behind our OLs the last few season and he keeps trucking on.
(11-26-2017, 04:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 04:05 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ] Never going to happen.

when it does dont cry

Been watching people like you eat crow all year when I told you coaching, running game, kicker, o line and scoring defense were the Jags ONLY problems. 

4 of the 5 have been addressed and the Jags are 7-3. 

O line will be drafted heavily by Coughlin this year and WRs need to improve. Then the Jags are a Super Bowl team.
Nobody says they wish they had bortles. Bortles still isn't good. All he has done is make less mistakes. Which has been good enough with our defense. He still shows bonehead plays with tipped passes at the line and innacurracy. Everytime he drops back, he has the potential to turn the game around for the other team. He should have lost the chargers game. He's not making elite throws. He is just managing and hoping he doesn't play like he did in Tennessee where despite good defense, he can still find a way to lose. Quit being delusional just because we are winning as a team and he is throwing the ball away instead of forcing it, doesn't make him "good". I hope he can keep getting better and and turn his mechanics around. But as of right now, labeling him as good is a stretch. Good coaching is getting the most out of him which makes you wonder if this is the best he can be...which isn't a good thing
(11-26-2017, 04:29 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody says they wish they had bortles. Bortles still isn't good. All he has done is make less mistakes. Which has been good enough with our defense. He still shows bonehead plays with tipped passes at the line and innacurracy. Everytime he drops back, he has the potential to turn the game around for the other team. He should have lost the chargers game. He's not making elite throws. He is just managing and hoping he doesn't play like he did in Tennessee where despite good defense, he can still find a way to lose. Quit being delusional just because we are winning as a team and he is throwing the ball away instead of forcing it, doesn't make him "good". I hope he can keep getting better and and turn his mechanics around. But as of right now, labeling him as good is a stretch. Good coaching is getting the most out of him which makes you wonder if this is the best he can be...which isn't a good thing

Looks like you're still delousional and you think Mariota, Dak and others are better with even worse WRs. It's ok man. Thanksgiving crow tastes good.
(11-26-2017, 04:25 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 04:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]when it does dont cry

Been watching people like you eat crow all year when I told you coaching, running game, kicker, o line and scoring defense were the Jags ONLY problems. 
Such a terrible troll job. 
Everybody and their sister knew that the Jaguars needed coaching changes, a run game, a better kicker and help at O-Line. 
You didn't tell anyone anything except that you are an idiot troll who hates the Jags, their fanbase, and their owner. You made those things very clear repeatedly. 
Oh - you also told us Blake would be a NY Jet in 2017 and that L Murray would be a Jag. Great calls there, genius. 
BTW  - Blake still has a long way to go to be trusted as anything but "average." Luckily the Jags are good enough elsewhere to win with "average" behind center.
(11-26-2017, 04:25 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 04:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]when it does dont cry

4 of the 5 have been addressed and the Jags are 7-3. 

O line will be drafted heavily by Coughlin this year and WRs need to improve. Then the Jags are a Super Bowl team.
Lol
(11-26-2017, 04:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 04:25 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]Been watching people like you eat crow all year when I told you coaching, running game, kicker, o line and scoring defense were the Jags ONLY problems. 
Such a terrible troll job. 
Everybody and their sister knew that the Jaguars needed coaching changes, a run game, a better kicker and help at O-Line. 
You didn't tell anyone anything except that you are an idiot troll who hates the Jags, their fanbase, and their owner. You made those things very clear repeatedly. 
Oh - you also told us Blake would be a NY Jet in 2017 and that L Murray would be a Jag. Great calls there, genius. 
BTW  - Blake still has a long way to go to be trusted as anything but "average." Luckily the Jags are good enough elsewhere to win with "average" behind center.

The Gus Bradley scoring defense for 4 years straight was #26-32. The Jags barely lost games last year; most in NFL under 7 points. This year's scoring defense is #1. It's the difference between Pus Bradley and Marrone/Coughlin. No one saw that....they blamed Bortles for all losses- hahaha. It was flat ignorant.
Bortles is far from Elite.  Take away our Elite one of a kind D.  And how many games we really win?  

A new qb will be here next year.  Cause not one person can show any game this year. Blake has won with out the help of our outstanding #Sacksonville D.

And Space Ghost. Pick a new topic. Your love for Bortles is psycho scary (no disrespect). But ya take love of bortles to a superman level. Blake is not a superhero.
(11-26-2017, 04:34 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 04:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Such a terrible troll job. 

This year's scoring defense is #1.  No one saw that....they blamed Bortles for all losses- hahaha. It was flat ignorant.

Bortles mistakes were just as much to blame as the scoring defense stat for many of those losses. He made so many horrific decisions and inaccurate passes. You'd be a complete fool to look past them. 

If your QB needs the number one defense in the league to win games, it's not the most ringing endorsement for said QB.
You just had to jinx it. Pick 6 confirmed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7