Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vic on the Jags coming back next year to playoffs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Robert from Orlando, FL
Are the Jags back next year, or is this a 2007-like mirage?
These Jaguars aren't a snowman; they won't melt during the offseason. It's a young, talented roster on a team loaded with salary cap room. Quarterback is the issue. The Jags can remain a playoff contender without addressing quarterback, but I don't think they can go to the championship level without an upgrade. Hey, they were afraid to pass the ball with 55 seconds left in the first half. I saw it earlier in the season, too, when they were afraid to throw the ball off their own goal line in overtime against the Jets. They tried to play around the most important club in their bag all season, and that tells me all I need to know about Doug Marrone's opinion of his quarterback. You can't play that way in today's game and expect to win. Playing scared won't work.

https://www.askvic.us/

Don't know if you saw this, but I will beat Jaxson to the punch, lol.
Dang thanks Vic!!!
He ain't lyin'
(01-25-2018, 06:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Dang thanks Vic!!!

I just read the rest, he still likes the Jags to say the least. I think anyone who enjoyed ask Vic back on jaguars.com will enjoy today's column. The Packers questions are funny, its like they have never had a losing season before.
(01-25-2018, 06:27 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2018, 06:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Dang thanks Vic!!!

I just read the rest, he still likes the Jags to say the least. I think anyone who enjoyed ask Vic back on jaguars.com will enjoy today's column. The Packers questions are funny, its like they have never had a losing season before.

My thanks isn't anything but respect.  He is telling it like it is and was always a good fans voice.  Johnny O can't hold Vic's jock.  I get tired of the condescension and contempt that rolls from the O ster.
Love, Vic.
Awesome, i like Bortles, but Vic is telling it like it is.
Can we start a petition to bring Vic back in some sort of capacity?
(01-25-2018, 07:09 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]Can we start a petition to bring Vic back in some sort of capacity?

Hes retired, he ain't coming back, but he has his own column that is his (independant), and post an askvic every Monday and Thursday. I actually think its better, he can speak his mind freely there.
His new column is awesome. He answered one of my questions today
(01-25-2018, 07:14 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2018, 07:09 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]Can we start a petition to bring Vic back in some sort of capacity?

Hes retired, he ain't coming back, but he has his own column that is his (independant), and post an askvic every Monday and Thursday. I actually think its better, he can speak his mind freely there.

Why did he retire?
(01-25-2018, 07:29 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2018, 07:14 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hes retired, he ain't coming back, but he has his own column that is his (independant), and post an askvic every Monday and Thursday. I actually think its better, he can speak his mind freely there.

Why did he retire?

Vic is old, he was with the steelers for the entire steel curtain era, he has been at this over 40 years, you really think he should have to do more? Even tho he retired, but hes still a football guy thru and thru. The website is an act of love/appreciation.
He's telling us what most of us already knew.

Vic> spacecoastjag.
I like this quote:

Quote:Peace and tranquility are not virtues for a football team. Winning isn't a byproduct of job security. Confrontation and angst work best. As Tom Coughlin once told me, "I don't want a lot of people walking around here with smiles on their faces."
So, has this info coming out of Vics fingers changed anyone's mind about wanting to keep BB around?
It's sad but true and I start to come to the grips of what Vic and others are saying is right about Blake Bortles. I really want it to believe that he can improve on his season but it's painfully obvious what Doug Marrone thinks of him as a QB and his limitations overall. If they do bring Blake Bortles back I hope they open up the offense to him and not play scared because it's hindering our success overall.
(01-25-2018, 08:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So, has this info coming out of Vics fingers changed anyone's mind about wanting to keep BB around?

It's certainly helped make mine up. At halftime of the Patriots game, I thought that Bortles might actually be showing that he's the guy. Then he started acting like Bortles again, misfiring on passes, throwing behind his receiver, and that was kind of it for me. The coaching staff has no faith in Bortles; Bortles is not the guy. Vic's column is some sort of confirmation of that for me.
No, keep the guy that was a few plays from the SB, add some talent around him that he can throw to, maybe a G, and there it is.

Don't blow your cap flexibility by adding a guy who may not be as good to begin with, fit in on this team or regress after a last payday.

It ain't BB5's fault they ran they end of the half like they did after the half he had.
Unfortunately Vic has changed my mind. The guy knows football and he’s speaking from an outsider in this point. This saddens me because I was sold on Blake. But I you have 55 second and times out at the end of the half, if you trust your qb then we drive down that feild.
[Image: why-not-both.jpg]

Sign Bortles to a reasonable deal that brings his cap number way down from 19 million and sign a free agent or draft a young lion to challenge him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6