Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: By Far the Most Important Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
During debate #3, Trump refused to say he would accept the results of the election. 

For the entire history of this country, the losing candidate has accepted the result and supported the winner, and we've had a peaceful transfer of power.  That is the foundation of American democracy.  We accept the results of our elections.  

Imagine for a moment that Trump actually wins this election, and he's President and running for re-election in 2020.   And suppose he loses that election, and refuses to accept the result.  Only now, he's President of the United States, Commander in Chief of the armed forces, head of the executive branch which includes the FBI and the CIA, and he refuses to step down because he thinks the election was rigged.  

Now, in 2020, he's had 4 years to promote generals who support him, appoint a new Director of the FBI who supports him, appoint people up and down the Executive Branch who support him.  And he refuses to accept the results of the election of 2020 and refuses to step down. 

This is why we cannot allow him to become President.   Any candidate for any office in this country who says he may not accept the results of an election should be completely disqualified from any public office. 

Because accepting the results of elections is the basic foundation of American democracy.  

The guy is just a dangerous maniac.  How can anyone say he loves this country?  I don't think he even likes this country.  The fact that he has no respect for our Constitution and the huge honor and responsibility he was tasked with as the nominee of a major political party that had a chance at becoming president is insane.

The peaceful transfer of power from 1 president to another is the foundation of our great country.  The fact that he refused to say he would accept the outcome of the election if it doesn't go his way just proves he's a madman.  He is not a real American.  And he does not deserve to be President.  Heck, he doesn't even deserve the nominee of the GOP.  

1.) her husband ADVOCATED FOR AND SUPPORTED contesting the 2000 election.

2.) its two days after video evidence suggests massive voter fraud.
Quote:1.) her husband ADVOCATED FOR AND SUPPORTED contesting the 2000 election.

You're a good little parrot...  You realize that what he's doing is dangerous, right?  That to delegitimize our national elections is anti-American, right?

Al Gore did not say the election was rigged months before election day, and then when asked about it he shey he'd keep us in suspense...  Al Gore actually made sure that he followed the rule of law.  He never questioned the rules and legitimacy of our great nation.  And when the recount was done, he conceded and allowed for the PEACEFUL TRANSFER OF POWER.  Al Gore did what great Americans do.  trump is doing what ego-maniacal madmen do.

Too bad trump has no idea what makes our nation great.  That's why he could never really ever keep his main campaign promise.
Quote:1.) her husband ADVOCATED FOR AND SUPPORTED contesting the 2000 election.

1.) 2000 Election was not over and was never contested. Florida recount was automatic.

2.) Breitbart made a video. Surprise! Nobody cares because it's Breitbart.
No one caught republican consultants BRAGGING ABOUT RIGGING THE ELECTION!

I was a den at the time. He was called illegitimate and people were talking about abolishing the electoral college. This sanctimonious high minded "insult to our democracy" lol.
This is the most important issue, Marty?

IMO, Trumps actions are warranted here. He didn't say he wouldn't accept it. He just said not right now. The man has been treated the most unfairly of any candidate in presidential history. Can you not see his skepticism? You should admire him, not shun him.

Also, he said the same thing in the primaries and he was in fact treated horribly by the GOP. I don't want a sheep. I want a leader.
We need a President with the balls to actually make changes...Hillary is not that person.  She is a sellout.

Quote:This is the most important issue, Marty?

IMO, Trumps actions are warranted here. He didn't say he wouldn't accept it. He just said not right now. The man has been treated the most unfairly of any candidate in presidential history. Can you not see his skepticism? You should admire him, not shun him.

Also, he said the same thing in the primaries and he was in fact treated horribly by the GOP. I don't want a sheep. I want a leader.

If you want a leader who would refuse to accept the result of an election if he loses, then some people would feel very justified in calling you a fascist.  
Quote:If you want a leader who would refuse to accept the result of an election if he loses, then some people would feel very justified in calling you a fascist.

Awwwwwww that's so cute. Ignoring facts history and context to use an inflammatory word incorrectly.
Quote:We need a President with the balls to actually make changes...Hillary is not that person. She is a sellout.

Take 'Murica Back!!!! Durrrrrrr...
I honestly don't care whether the losing candidate accepts the results or not.  

What the response does, however, it gives way for another week of media distraction which should ultimately prevent Trump from closing the gap in the polls.
The Clintons rigged it against Bernie. What's gonna stop the criminal from doing it again? I don't blame him. I'd say the same damn thing.
Quote:The Clintons rigged it against Bernie. What's gonna stop the criminal from doing it again? I don't blame him. I'd say the same damn thing.

They didn't rig the actual vote count (which is what Trump is also talking about).  HRC and the Dem Chair rigged the influence of peoples votes.
By far? Buuuuwwwwaaaa? Good Lawd.

Quote:During debate #3, Trump refused to say he would accept the results of the election. 

For the entire history of this country, the losing candidate has accepted the result and supported the winner, and we've had a peaceful transfer of power.  That is the foundation of American democracy.  We accept the results of our elections.  

Imagine for a moment that Trump actually wins this election, and he's President and running for re-election in 2020.   And suppose he loses that election, and refuses to accept the result.  Only now, he's President of the United States, Commander in Chief of the armed forces, head of the executive branch which includes the FBI and the CIA, and he refuses to step down because he thinks the election was rigged.  

Now, in 2020, he's had 4 years to promote generals who support him, appoint a new Director of the FBI who supports him, appoint people up and down the Executive Branch who support him.  And he refuses to accept the results of the election of 2020 and refuses to step down. 

This is why we cannot allow him to become President.   Any candidate for any office in this country who says he may not accept the results of an election should be completely disqualified from any public office. 

Because accepting the results of elections is the basic foundation of American democracy.  

His opponent was just caught rigging the primaries.  Proven fact.  So it's totally logical to think she will try to steal the November election.
Quote:His opponent was just caught rigging the primaries.  Proven fact.  So it's totally logical to think she will try to steal the November election.
They do not care. Hell, the shrillary hired the exact woman minutes after she was disgraced out of her position to run her damn campaign. Had to legitimize her hush money by an actual job position. To them if you aren't cheating you aren't trying to win. Hypocrisy at it greatest.

if you and I played a game and you caught me cheating, why in the hell would you not think I would do it again?
i dont see the harm in being watchful for any shenanigans.

talk about conspiracies... Trump will win and then refuse to leave office? hmm, ya ok.  that's a rational fear.

I would commit to not questioning it either. Particularly not if I was running against the Clinton machine.
this is a neat argument though. "you're un-American if you question election results".

more like we ARE American because we seek to uphold the integrity of the election cycle.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7