Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags/ Pats score predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Jags win their home opener in HUGE!! fashion. I'm going to say Jags 42, cheats 10.
24-20 Jags
904 - 0

JAY G WIRES
Patriots 23, Jags 17.

I think we play them close but we just don’t have the offensive firepower to close a game against them yet. Defense should play well
27-10 Jags
Jaguars 24
Patriots 20
(09-11-2018, 06:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars 24
Patriots 20

We’ll need a defensive score to get to 24. And we didn’t get one last time (yes I know Jack wasn’t down but almost only counts in hand grenades)
2 Jaguars D , 0 Patriots.. Jaguars D too strong and saves the day with a safety. Patriots wrs are scrubs. Gronk gets concussed again. Heat and sun too much for Patriots and their fans
Jags 17, Cheatriots 14, Refs 31.
(09-11-2018, 05:37 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]24-20 Jags
Ditto for me
I very rarely make score predictions and I won't do so now.  I do think the Jaguars will win, but I can't decide if it's going to be a "big" win or a "close" win.  From what I've seen, even though players will say in an interview that it's "week-to-week" it appears that many players had/have this game circled on the schedule.

It's a matter of IF the defense shows up and stays disciplined and IF the offense makes some plays.  If those two things happen I could see a win by more than 2 touchdowns for the Jaguars.  On the other hand IF either of those two pieces "tries" too hard and makes stupid mistakes/penalties, I could see this being a close game with the possibility of the Jaguars losing.

Either way, I thought the Jaguars were the better team in the AFCC game last season and I still think that they are the better team this season.
A defensive score, or at least a big defensive play putting the Jags offense in terific position will be the difference in this one.

20-17 Jags
I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but I see this one as a loss. It should be close, but I'm gonna say 20-16 in favor of the Pats. We'll come back strong week 3 though.
This is tough, normally I’m a little reserved about score predictions. I have to go with my gut this time and for some reason I feel the jags are going to come out fired up and pissed off, dominating the patriots 38-10.

Happy with a win no matter the score as well lol
If we want to be contenders for home field advantage this year we have to make a statement this week. We're really going to have to earn our stripes this year with games against the Steelers and Chiefs yet. Even the Jets looked pretty good. Gotta cut out the penalties and get more production out of our offense. Offense was below average against the Giants mainly in the second half. The Patriots didn't look all that great at home against the Texans. They don't have a Beckham to threaten us deep it's just Gronk we have to watch out for. I think we finally get a win against the Pats.

Jaguars 27

Patriots 24
I know this isn't how the NFL works, but I had us losing this game IF the Pats lost against the Texans. But since they snuck out a win, I think we take this one home in typical Jags fashion. I'll piggy back the 24-20 prediction, the Patriots will have a chance to win it, but will actually come up short for once.
34-10 us game never close
(09-11-2018, 07:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I very rarely make score predictions and I won't do so now.  I do think the Jaguars will win, but I can't decide if it's going to be a "big" win or a "close" win.  From what I've seen, even though players will say in an interview that it's "week-to-week" it appears that many players had/have this game circled on the schedule.

It's a matter of IF the defense shows up and stays disciplined and IF the offense makes some plays.  If those two things happen I could see a win by more than 2 touchdowns for the Jaguars.  On the other hand IF either of those two pieces "tries" too hard and makes stupid mistakes/penalties, I could see this being a close game with the possibility of the Jaguars losing.

Either way, I thought the Jaguars were the better team in the AFCC game last season and I still think that they are the better team this season.

No one beats the Patriots big. If they start getting thumped the Refs move in to save them. I am so tired of every time that team wins there's a 'yea but'. I mean seriously, on the NFLs website they have the power rankings. When they talk about the Texans they mention how the booth didn't review the Gronk catch in time so the Pats got a play off. I know that's just as much on the Texans, but come on had that been the Jags the play would be being reviewed before it ever even happened. 

I just hope we beat the living hell out of the Patriots, make it so no matter how much help the refs give them they still won't be able to overcome.
Jaguars: 17
Referees: 34
Hard to pick the Jaguars vs cheats, considering the treatment the Patriots get on average, especially vs small market teams. My heart tells me Jags, logically its Patriots by a fg. I think we will have to completely smother Brady and co. to get a w, close game the yellow hankies will reign over our Jaguars.

27-24 Patriots.
Pages: 1 2 3 4