Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone's Monday Presser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Caught the tail end of it live --  here are a few of his comments:

- ASJ needs surgery

- Wrong coverage decisions were made -  would change

- Maybe we started throwing too much early on

- Need to make sure were doing the right things to not put too much on Blake's plate
(10-08-2018, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Caught the tail end of it live --  here are a few of his comments:

- ASJ needs surgery

- Need to make sure were doing the right things to not put too much on Blake's plate

So basically, what you guys were screaming on the game thread yesterday.
(10-08-2018, 12:56 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Caught the tail end of it live --  here are a few of his comments:

- ASJ needs surgery

From the little bit i heard, yes. He said some of the same things.
(10-08-2018, 12:56 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]

- ASJ needs surgery

The Titans ruined my pick em’s this week in the Work pool: hope you’re happy
(10-08-2018, 01:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 12:56 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]So basically, what you guys were screaming on the game thread yesterday.

The Titans ruined my pick em’s this week in the Work pool: hope you’re happy

They ruined my birthday wknd so yeah, not so happy
Wrong coverage.. my god how many tumes we gona hear that until its fixed??

STOP PLAYING SOFT ZONES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Stop rushing 4 every play, do something creative, ANYTHING
(10-08-2018, 01:02 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]The Titans ruined my pick em’s this week in the Work pool: hope you’re happy

They ruined my birthday wknd so yeah, not so happy

Well happy birthday.
(10-08-2018, 01:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:02 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]They ruined my birthday wknd so yeah, not so happy

Well happy birthday.

Thanks. And if you guys need a reciever, nick williams is available
(10-08-2018, 12:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 12:56 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]So basically, what you guys were screaming on the game thread yesterday.

From the little bit i heard, yes. He said some of the same things.

This is exactly why I've been lobbying for a phone line that goes directly to the coaches booth from my armchair.  *heavy sigh*
(10-08-2018, 01:07 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Well happy birthday.

Need a LT a whole lot more unfortunately  Undecided
(10-08-2018, 01:07 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Well happy birthday.

We need an offensive line.
Any info on Wells' injury?
(10-08-2018, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:07 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. And if you guys need a reciever, nick williams is available

Need a LT a whole lot more unfortunately  Undecided

Looks like we do as well. Musical oline this season.

- ASJ needs surgery

I found it interesting about the wrong coverage part as he was asked specifically about the off-coverage on those 2nd-3rd & long, like the one when they were pinned at their goal line. I'm not an english native speaker and I didn't understand the entirety of the answer. I know he said next time they'll make sure the DB know it's press coverage and not off, but was he implying there was miscommunication or there was anything else to it like a wrong decision by the DC or else?

Them abandoning the run when it was working so well was really puzzling, good that they noticed it too but man, I wish the Titans game taught them better.

Well let's hope they fix what they can fix. The QB situation is another story, we can't know what Blake will show up but we can definitely work on minimizing the other mistakes.

(10-08-2018, 01:37 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]

- ASJ needs surgery

I found it interesting about the wrong coverage part as he was asked specifically about the off-coverage on those 2nd-3rd & long, like the one when they were pinned at their goal line. I'm not an english native speaker and I didn't understand the entirety of the answer. I know he said next time they'll make sure the DB know it's press coverage and not off, but was he implying there was miscommunication or there was anything else to it like a wrong decision by the DC or else?

Them abandoning the run when it was working so well was really puzzling, good that they noticed it too but man, I wish the Titans game taught them better.

Well let's hope they fix what they can fix. The QB situation is another story, we can't know what Blake will show up but we can definitely work on minimizing the other mistakes.

I didn't hear the complete Q&A and therefore can't speak that specifically on it, but I'll definitely review it when they post the video or transcript and follow up here for you.
at least now we know why Paul was out there and ASJ wasnt in as much. Although paul droped 1, I did notice he could find the soft spot of the zone and was open alot.

The main thing that needs to be fixed is playing 12 yard off on 3rd a 10. Also when its 1.5 yads for a first down and 3 yards for a TD you run it, then you run it again, and if you dont make fine but RUN The Ball!
(10-08-2018, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:37 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]I found it interesting about the wrong coverage part as he was asked specifically about the off-coverage on those 2nd-3rd & long, like the one when they were pinned at their goal line. I'm not an english native speaker and I didn't understand the entirety of the answer. I know he said next time they'll make sure the DB know it's press coverage and not off, but was he implying there was miscommunication or there was anything else to it like a wrong decision by the DC or else?

I didn't hear the complete Q&A and therefore can't speak that specifically on it, but I'll definitely review it when they post the video or transcript and follow up here for you.

Thank you man, I really appreciate it.
I usually rewatch pressers on youtube or on the Jaguars twitter channel but this time I can't figure the details of that answer out. Thanks Smile
Reviewing vid of presser  -  more comments:
  • roster moves upcoming
  • injuries are disappointing, attrition plays a role, next guys have to step up
  • Wells is a groin injury - gonna be week to week - Walker is an option - couple of other options too
  • I trust personnel dept to acquire new players - obvious we have to do that
  • as coaches - with injuries - we have to coach to the strengths available to us - then players have to execute
  • Why not run in the redzone? We thought about going to "goalline" but liked getting a one on one in cover zero better as a matchup. Situational football. Not going to defend a bad decision. Donte's made that play before - we weren't able to make it. 
  • Norwell in boot - but should be OK
  • Have an idea on Hayden and Fournette Wednesday when we see them run a little bit
  • On Parnell: Gotta do a better job. Ford had a good game. 
  • I've gone through multiple injuries before. In the week of prep you look at how to implement the new guys. Evaluate what he can do and how to get him up to speed. How do we attack after roster changes? 
(10-08-2018, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw Daniel Popper tweet that Wells broke his foot yesterday. 

He looked bad before being hurt and Walker was no better. 

We're on our third LT - looks like the #2 won't be back any time soon and the #1 is done till next year. 

Any thoughts on addressing the position moving forward this year?

Here's one guy's list of notable FAs:

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/

(10-08-2018, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Reviewing vid of presser  -  more comments:
  • roster moves upcoming
  • Wells is a groin injury - gonna be week to week - Walker is an option - couple of other options too
  • as coaches - with injuries - we have to coach to the strengths available to us - then players have to execute
  • Why not run in the redzone? We thought about going to "goalline" but liked getting a one on one in cover zero better as a matchup. Situational football. Not going to defend a bad decision. Donte's made that play before - we weren't able to make it. 
  • Have an idea on Hayden and Fournette Wednesday when we see them run a little bit
  • I've gone through multiple injuries before. In the week of prep you look at how to implement the new guys. Evaluate what he can do and how to get him up to speed. How do we attack after roster changes? 

Wait, I'm a little confused. On here you said Wells is just week to week with groin injury but on the topic thread, "Left Tackle Injuries and Solutions" you stated you saw a tweet that Wells broke his foot?
(10-08-2018, 01:44 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't hear the complete Q&A and therefore can't speak that specifically on it, but I'll definitely review it when they post the video or transcript and follow up here for you.

Thank you man, I really appreciate it.
I usually rewatch pressers on youtube or on the Jaguars twitter channel but this time I can't figure the details of that answer out. Thanks Smile

He seems to imply there was indecision by the players at CB based on the calls coming in -  and that they intend to be more specific with the wording of the defensive calls moving forward so that the corners know which style (press, bail, off) to play.  Also agrees with reporter's assertion that they didn't necessarily have the wrong coverages called, but they would do it differently given the chance. 

I, personally,  think he's saying that the corners played too far off at times and we'd like to be more specific about when they can and can't do that.

(10-08-2018, 01:57 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw Daniel Popper tweet that Wells broke his foot yesterday. 

(10-08-2018, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Reviewing vid of presser  -  more comments:
  • roster moves upcoming

Wait, I'm a little confused. On here you said Wells is just week to week with groin injury but on the topic thread, "Left Tackle Injuries and Solutions" you stated you saw a tweet that Wells broke his foot?

yep. That's right. Daniel Popper tweeted a response to a ? - saying that Wells broke his foot. Now I think he was referring to Grant and answered the wrong tweet. He was fielding tweets on ASJ, Grant, and Wells at the time.  Marrone just said groin, week-to-week.

My guess is Wells is a week-to-week groin injury.
Pages: 1 2 3