Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kessler era has begun!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Thank God.
(10-21-2018, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Thank God.

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regardless if it doesn't work it was time for a change and Bortles has been a big problem for a while now
agree in some ways, but when you have a line that can't block, receivers that can't get open and cannot catch it even when they get open, Blake took it upon himself too much to try to make plays. he made a lot of mistakes and I completely agree with the decision; however, look at what's still out on the field. It's not good folks, so don't look for great things to be happening any time soon! I would have taken him out at halftime and I would think about sitting him out for a while because he has no confidence. see, nice pass to TJ and instead of catching it, what did he do, put the ball in the air so Houston could catch it, oh great job! If they win another game, it will be a surprise.
He did nothing. Not impressed.
Kessler made zero mistakes. Can't wait till next week and he has a full week of practice with the starters
(10-21-2018, 03:43 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: [ -> ]He did nothing. Not impressed.

He's not supposed to be a guy who impresses you. He's a guy who reads the field quick and gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately. He'll move the chains. He'll run the offense the way Doug "I wouldn't take 15 more TDs if meant 5 more INTs" Marrone wants the offense to be run.
(10-21-2018, 03:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Kessler made zero mistakes. Can't wait till next week and he has a full week of practice with the starters

Agree. More options. More work for opposing DCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He lacks the physical ability to be a quality starter in this league. So, I'm not sure why you are celebrating. With him as starter, the season is now done. Playoffs? No chance. I'll begin watching more college football to see the potential QBs we might be selecting in the 1st round.
Can execute the dink and dunk stuff necessary to move the chains while the Jags are enduring o-line woes.

Hard to argue the decision to make the switch.
(10-21-2018, 03:50 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 03:43 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: [ -> ]He did nothing. Not impressed.

He's not supposed to be a guy who impresses you. He's a guy who reads the field quick and gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately. He'll move the chains. He'll run the offense the way Doug "I wouldn't take 15 more TDs if meant 5 more INTs" Marrone wants the offense to be run.

Yep, you should love him.  He is a Teddy clone with a slight stronger arm and quicker release
(10-21-2018, 03:55 PM)maheo30 Wrote: [ -> ]He lacks the physical ability to be a quality starter in this league. So, I'm not sure why you are celebrating. With him as starter, the season is now done. Playoffs? No chance. I'll begin watching more college football to see the potential QBs we might be selecting in the 1st round.

Playoffs were never going to happen with the way Bortles is playing, so moot point.
I dont think he starts... we have Hyde to help Bortles. I would be surprised if we dont get oline help next week
I'm not sure I'm ready to rejoice the top QB we drafted and spent the last 3 seasons ignoring all options to upgrade is now an undeniable failure and has been benched.

More like the Caldwell era is ending.
man ya'll are delusional

"he did nothing"

"I think bortle starts"

yah.. take a shot for me too
You have to lean into the skid. You throw Bortles back out there and let him finish the destruction he started when he was drafted through no fault of his own. Next time about 5 years from now you go with a QB that can actually throw the ball naturally.
Kessler will start next week if he does well he will continue after the buy if he stinks in London will see Bortles back after the bye. The writing's on the wall easy to see.
(10-21-2018, 03:59 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I'm ready to rejoice the top QB we drafted and spent the last 3 seasons ignoring all options to upgrade is now an undeniable failure and has been benched.

More like the Caldwell era is ending.

LOL. Caldwell isn't going anywhere bud, so you can move along with that piss and moan.
If I was GM I’d convince KC to Trade Bortles and a 7th for Mahomes. I’d be the best GM ever.
Thank god!!!

Are people ready to give up on the "injury" excuse on the line and just accept that they suck?

With Kessler we have a pulse. The entire team was estatic he went in. Why it took Marrone so long ? He didn't want to look anymore foolish. Marrone is in the top 5 worst coaches in the game. Kessler will run his crap offense just fine, hopefully the defense wakes up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5