Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Taven bryan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just put on my hindsight 20/20 goggles and it is confirmed that it was a mistake.
(10-21-2018, 04:12 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]I just put on my hindsight 20/20 goggles and it is confirmed that it was a mistake.

his face cracks me up
I'm a gator fan. I watched every snap he took. I was stunned people viewed him as a 1st round pick.
Stat guy lol. He's looked decent as a back up. Dont really miss tackles, good against the run, and can put pressure. https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...ryan/48753
His lack of awareness and instincts is cause of concern. Measurables through the roof, but can he play football?
he bad
It's less that Bryan is good or bad and more that our FO had the chutzpah to think we were so set everywhere that we could take a luxury pick that wasn't supposed to give us anything this year and still cakewalk our way back to contention. There were equally talented players that fit needs right now while also being long term pieces. Will Hernandez or Dallas Goedert would be looking awfully good in teal right now.
Too early but he sure looks like a bust.
(10-21-2018, 04:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Stat guy lol.  He's looked decent as a back up.  Dont really miss tackles, good against the run, and can put pressure.  https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...ryan/48753

lol you call me a stat guy while using pff as a reference?

come on MAN...
(10-21-2018, 04:46 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]It's less that Bryan is good or bad and more that our FO had the chutzpah to think we were so set everywhere that we could take a luxury pick that wasn't supposed to give us anything this year and still cakewalk our way back to contention. There were equally talented players that fit needs right now while also being long term pieces. Will Hernandez or Dallas Goedert would be looking awfully good in teal right now.

Truth. This is not an indictment on Bryan, but rather evidence of a front office who is out of touch
Rookie backup doesn't have a ton of stats? Color me shocked.
(10-21-2018, 04:58 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]Rookie backup doesn't have a ton of stats? Color me shocked.

"ANALYSIS

It was Bryan's preseason debut after missing the first two games with an abdominal injury. The Jaguars gave their rookie first-round pick the most defensive snaps (35) on the team, but he failed to make much noise. "

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=12470

97 plays

4 tackles solo

you are RIGHT, he does NOT have a ton of stats Tongue
Rookies can make an impact right away.

Kearse with the Titans
Elliot with Dallas
Taylor with Jaguars
Jones Drew Jaguars

I don’t feel like going on and on but, yes Taven Bryan is more like a 3rd round talent as of right now. If he improves then we can discuss it but right now it was a terrible pick.
So glad we drafted "depth" in the first round when we are in "win now" mode. Typical Caldwell.
Another horrible [BLEEP] pick. Caldwell needs to be gone along with marrone. Until we can get a GM amd coach who can make winning a common place, we just keep firing.

Disgusing waste of a draft this past year. HORRIBLE
Gators can't play at the next level. Think our dumb FO would know that by now
(10-21-2018, 06:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Gators can't play at the next level. Think our dumb FO would know that by now

they don't

gators lead the NCAA in busts, I read an article on it earlier this year

by a wide margin as well
(10-21-2018, 04:46 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]It's less that Bryan is good or bad and more that our FO had the chutzpah to think we were so set everywhere that we could take a luxury pick that wasn't supposed to give us anything this year and still cakewalk our way back to contention. There were equally talented players that fit needs right now while also being long term pieces. Will Hernandez or Dallas Goedert would be looking awfully good in teal right now.

There is some merit to this argument.

I will admit I did not know much of Bryan, other than what I read in the scouting reports.  But he seemed a raw player at a position we seemed well stocked at based upon the reports I had read.

After the signing of Norwell, I'm not sure how much of an immediate need Hernandez would have met.  Yes, Cann was viewed by most on here as a liability, and I was a huge Hernandez guy and I wanted him with our first round pick.  But Hernandez has struggled some out of the gate, while Cann has actually looked the best he's looked as a pro.  Hernandez can't play LT, which is where the bulk of our issues lay along the OL.

Goedert would seem to be a good fit for us at this stage, but for some reason, TC and Dave did not see him as the kind of run blocker they wanted for the offense.  My only caveat is that he alone would not have stopped the carnage that has happened to our offense.  Even with him, had the injuries unfolded like they did, the offense would still struggle mightily.
I don't mind jumping on whatever bandwagon point you guys are trying to make but what am I missing in the link? its just his bio.

This feels like a witch hunt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6