Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars front office and coaching staff - clueless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It's getting close.....but...after taking too long to realize Blake is who he is... (a terrible QB), Doug benches Blake....sees the backup score a TD on the first drive....ONLY to make Blake the starter the following week?

and Dave Caldwell drafted him......over plenty other viable options who ALL look better than Blake today minus Johnny. 

then TC, the hard-nosed guy who was supposed to get us going was part of the team that decided it was a smart move to not only re-sign a bust QB who throws more pick 6's than he has GW drives, but to NOT EVEN ATTEMPT to improve the most important position in Football. WE didn't get Jimmy G (WE SHOULD HAVE), we didn't go after Teddy B (WE SHOULD HAVE), we didn't care to move up and make a play on any of the QBs in this draft and all 1st rounders look better than Bortles ALREADY!!

this all leads me to think they don't have a clue on what they are doing with our QB, which is the most important position...therefore.......

I WANT THEM ALL GONE! (including the bust, of course)

as someone who loves this team and wants the best for this franchise....THEY are not helping us get there and the proof is in their decision-making. 

#TankForTua #BlakeIsABust #CaldwellShouldveBeenFired3YearsAgo #TomHasntHelpedAny #DougIsCompletelyClueless

now I will get a lot of you calling me all kinds of names and making ignorant comments, but I would like you to be honest and have an honest assessment of what I've said.....it is all true, unfortunately, for us real fans. Blake was bad in year 1 and he's playing terribly in year 5...the entire league knows he's trash....but our front office and coaching staff still wanna play him? WHY?

Why would we NOT be trying out every QB possible? Blake is NOT IT! WE KNOW THIS! I'm sure we all know the definition of insanity right? That's Doug and Dave continuing to think Blake is gonna be anything else than an INT throwing, poor decision making, inaccurate, NON GAME WINNING DRIVE QB!!! It baffles me that we have people who are paid millions that still fail to realize how horrible he is and do nothing about it.
Its not healthy to be this sad and angry in the morning. Seems like you're going to have an unenjoyable day at work.
lol
(10-25-2018, 07:05 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Its not healthy to be this sad and angry in the morning. Seems like you're going to have an unenjoyable day at work.

it's actually mid-day for me..i work nights. and im not angry...just hate seeing people ruin the team i love. simple as that. anyone who allows Blake to stay on the roster and take snaps = RUINING OUR FRANCHISE

i dont get how more of you aren't upset lol
(10-25-2018, 07:04 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: [ -> ]It's getting close.....but...after taking too long to realize Blake is who he is... (a terrible QB), Doug benches Blake....sees the backup score a TD on the first drive....ONLY to make Blake the starter the following week?

and Dave Caldwell drafted him......over plenty other viable options who ALL look better than Blake today minus Johnny. 

then TC, the hard-nosed guy who was supposed to get us going was part of the team that decided it was a smart move to not only re-sign a bust QB who throws more pick 6's than he has GW drives, but to NOT EVEN ATTEMPT to improve the most important position in Football. WE didn't get Jimmy G (WE SHOULD HAVE), we didn't go after Teddy B (WE SHOULD HAVE), we didn't care to move up and make a play on any of the QBs in this draft and all 1st rounders look better than Bortles ALREADY!!

this all leads me to think they don't have a clue on what they are doing with our QB, which is the most important position...therefore.......

as someone who loves this team and wants the best for this franchise....THEY are not helping us get there and the proof is in their decision-making. 

#TankForTua #BlakeIsABust #CaldwellShouldveBeenFired3YearsAgo #TomHasntHelpedAny #DougIsCompletelyClueless

now I will get a lot of you calling me all kinds of names and making ignorant comments, but I would like you to be honest and have an honest assessment of what I've said.....it is all true, unfortunately, for us real fans. Blake was bad in year 1 and he's playing terribly in year 5...the entire league knows he's trash....but our front office and coaching staff still wanna play him? WHY?

Why would we NOT be trying out every QB possible? Blake is NOT IT! WE KNOW THIS! I'm sure we all know the definition of insanity right? That's Doug and Dave continuing to think Blake is gonna be anything else than an INT throwing, poor decision making, inaccurate, NON GAME WINNING DRIVE QB!!! It baffles me that we have people who are paid millions that still fail to realize how horrible he is and do nothing about it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-25-2018, 07:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 07:04 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: [ -> ]It's getting close.....but...after taking too long to realize Blake is who he is... (a terrible QB), Doug benches Blake....sees the backup score a TD on the first drive....ONLY to make Blake the starter the following week?

[Image: giphy.gif]

because someone speaking facts about our front office and QB is something you dont wanna hear huh? Bortles burner account maybe? hmmmmm
(10-25-2018, 07:33 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 07:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.gif]

because someone speaking facts about our front office and QB is something you dont wanna hear huh? Bortles burner account maybe? hmmmmm

Facts?  lol
Buuuuwwwwwwaaaaaaaa!!!! That is all.

amen brother... all the kool aid company men fans will of course disagree, but once all the guys you mentioned are gone, they will trash those guys like they saw it all along

31 other teams in the NFL think blake sucks, but of course, we, THE JAGUARS OF ALL TEAMS, know better than those 31 other teams.. LOL

this franchise is the definition of insanity, our logo will soon replace the definition in the dictionary
I don't completely disagree with the OP. There is a good percentage of our fanbase who are in constant denial about the state of the team.
Where was Mr. Florida's emo meltdown last year as all he bashes had us almost to the dance? No where to be seen, that is where. Here we have just another example of your typical comments section cancer putting on display his inherent misery.
Last year was great, and not a sane person will deny that, but realistic fans saw:

1. The schedule was very weak
2. Every starting QB in the division was on IR outside of our very own.
3. We peaked when it mattered

The FO rested on their laurels in the off-season and did nothing to improve. The odds of all 3 things above happening at the same time are about the same as hitting the power ball.
(10-25-2018, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Last year was great, and not a sane person will deny that, but realistic fans saw:

The FO rested on their laurels in the off-season and did nothing to improve. The odds of all 3 things above happening at the same time are about the same as hitting the power ball.

The emphasized is just straight up not true and you know it.
(10-25-2018, 08:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Last year was great, and not a sane person will deny that, but realistic fans saw:

The emphasized is just straight up not true and you know it.

The OP thread is about front office being clueless. Our free agent signings this year have been dismal. One could argue that being clueless.
(10-25-2018, 08:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 08:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]The emphasized is just straight up not true and you know it.

The OP thread is about front office being clueless. Our free agent signings this year have been dismal. One could argue that being clueless.

While that may be true , what you stated is not. They did indeed do quite a bit to try and upgrade this offense. To say otherwise is simply disregarding the truth.
(10-25-2018, 08:19 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]

amen brother... all the kool aid company men fans will of course disagree, but once all the guys you mentioned are gone, they will trash those guys like they saw it all along

31 other teams in the NFL think blake sucks, but of course, we, THE JAGUARS OF ALL TEAMS, know better than those 31 other teams.. LOL

this franchise is the definition of insanity, our logo will soon replace the definition in the dictionary

So you think they're better off if they get rid of Bortles and Caldwell and Coughlin and Marrone?  Basically gut everything and start over, and they're going to be better?
Its kinda funny the sad state of peoples emotions when reacting to a football team.

Many of us are upset at the unfortunate 3-4 start. Many of us are fed up with Bortles (some are not, and that is OK too really... some people still think Kap is a good QB)
Many people on here are upset and angry but not posting 4 paragraph rants that pretty much equate to a temper tantrum or really bad cry for attention.

But don't fret OP... there are plenty of cry babies in here that have already come to validate your feelings.
Reality is... the front office made moves this off season to improve. (Big $ OG, TE that was supposed to be a receiving target AND blocker, signed a nickel back to replace Colvin, signed 1 one year stop gap at WR to bridge the rest of the time for our young stars to develop)
You're all very angry they extended Bortles and didn't draft a QB... well they didn't draft one, cuz they just extended Bortles.
They extended Bortles because he looked really really good in the playoffs and they were fooled. (Guess what, it happens with every franchise that is constantly looking for their next franchise guy.... hell, some teams are still being fooled by the likes of Andy Dalton and Derek Carr)
They made some bad moves trying to do the right thing... can't put too much on em for that. All you can hope for is that the make the right moves this off season.
Be angry if you want. But remember, its just a game. And any snowflake tantrum is likely to be called out as such.

(10-25-2018, 09:23 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 08:19 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]amen brother... all the kool aid company men fans will of course disagree, but once all the guys you mentioned are gone, they will trash those guys like they saw it all along

So you think they're better off if they get rid of Bortles and Caldwell and Coughlin and Marrone?  Basically gut everything and start over, and they're going to be better?

Didn't you know? Teams hitting reset and going full rebuild mode are always good right away.

I think after this season someone has to take the fall though.
Bortles. Caldwell.... Hack or Wash.... someone is falling on the sword and the majority of the guys left will trudge on. Until after 2020... we could see the hard reset there I think.
(10-25-2018, 08:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 08:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]The emphasized is just straight up not true and you know it.

The FAs could very well be busts but it's not like they didn't try. They just, possibly, made bad choices.

Norwell to help with the Oline. ASJ to secure the TE. Moncreif and Lee to help with the WRs. Everyone on here was amped for Norwell when they signed him.

If the team turns it around, are you going to stay over in the political side of the message board just like usual?
(10-25-2018, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 08:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The OP thread is about front office being clueless. Our free agent signings this year have been dismal. One could argue that being clueless.
The FAs could very well be busts but it's not like they didn't try. They just, possibly, made bad choices.

Norwell to help with the Oline. ASJ to secure the TE. Moncreif and Lee to help with the WRs. Everyone on here was amped for Norwell when they signed him.

If the team turns it around, are you going to stay over in the political side of the message board just like usual?

If a free agent was dominant at their position before the arrived here, don't you have to look at coaches (or lack-thereof)? Either your coaches are trash, which I think they are OR your scheme doesn't fit the strengths of the FA you signed. Either way, its a blunder on the FO and/or coaching.

I don't root against the success of the team. I am simply a realist who forms my own opinions based on what I see. Sue me.
(10-25-2018, 09:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]The FAs could very well be busts but it's not like they didn't try. They just, possibly, made bad choices.

If a free agent was dominant at their position before the arrived here, don't you have to look at coaches (or lack-thereof)? Either your coaches are trash, which I think they are OR your scheme doesn't fit the strengths of the FA you signed. Either way, its a blunder on the FO and/or coaching.

OR the dude had an injury throughout most of camp and preseason, and has been playing hurt and next to a 2nd string 3rd string LT which usually doesn't help.
Not saying the dude has been good... just saying... context matters.
Perhaps he isn't playing at his level from last year because he isn't healthy enough to and between injury and having a dolt next you on the OL to worry about screwing up his assignment.... there could be reason to the madness.

Because... it isn't like we weren't singing this coaching staff praises last year when just about every position group was doing well on both sides of the ball.
OL was doing OK with scrub Cann and Omameh in at OG last year when everyone was healthy.

It doesn't have to be so extreme dude. Some of the issues really are just a result of the bad happening around them.
With all these injuries and Bortles playing poorly and WRs dropping passes.... everyone looks bad and it is all magnified.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5