Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I"m putting Fournette on the bust wagon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The guy is a battering ram if the line can open up holes but he cannot for the life of him make his own plays.  Fournette has an abysmal career average of 3.7yds per carry.  I watched a rookie Rb today (williams) played behind the same line and seem to have better vision and average over 6 ypc on 5 carries. .   Fournette has ray charles vision behind the LOS.  Fournette is fast if the line can pop one but has too many negative plays.   On top of all that he is injury prone.   He appeared to pull something today off his big run in the first half and only have one carry the second half.  Chalk up another long list of top 5 bust to Dave's resume and Coughlin.
Change of pace backs always look more efficient. Look at guys like Austin Ekeler. But when they get that starting Gig they suddenly look a lot more average.

While I'm not impressed with Fournette on or off the field, to suggest Williams might be a better RB makes you sound silly.
(12-16-2018, 11:03 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Change of pace backs always look more efficient. Look at guys like Austin Ekeler. But when they get that starting Gig they suddenly look a lot more average.

While I'm not impressed with Fournette on or off the field, to suggest Williams might be a better RB makes you sound silly.

I never said that.  I said he ran behind the same line today and had much better results.   That is not opinion that is fact.
Man, I was really just wondering if he was on the jaguarmvp bust list.
I'm trying to reserve judgement until next year but if he doesn't produce results next year it'll be painfully obvious .
(12-16-2018, 11:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 11:03 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Change of pace backs always look more efficient. Look at guys like Austin Ekeler. But when they get that starting Gig they suddenly look a lot more average.

I never said that.  I said he ran behind the same line today and had much better results.   That is not opinion that is fact.

Okay, so you admit that Williams isn't nearly as good as Fournette?
(12-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 11:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I never said that.  I said he ran behind the same line today and had much better results.   That is not opinion that is fact.

I cannot say that.  I have not seen enough of Williams to make judgement one way or the other.
(12-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 11:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I never said that.  I said he ran behind the same line today and had much better results.   That is not opinion that is fact.

What is your point exactly? Does the fact that a #4 pick may be slightly better than Williams make everything ok?
Fournette is a broke down Jerome Bettis. He is strong if he can get moving but lacks vision and often gets shut down before he gets started.
(12-16-2018, 11:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette is a broke down Jerome Bettis.  He is strong if he can get moving but lacks vision and often gets shut down before he gets started.

The people who drafted him should be fired, hands down.
(12-16-2018, 11:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 11:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette is a broke down Jerome Bettis.  He is strong if he can get moving but lacks vision and often gets shut down before he gets started.

agreed
Fournettes vision is seriously lacking, I feel like he hits the wrong hole at least half the time, but every now and then he will rip off a long run and I will think he can be special. I didnt like his draft pick and he was way overdrafted (which is why he is on the bust train), but I think he may get off it with a healthy o-line. He has the ability to be special, he just needs the mental aspect.
When Fournette is in they sell out and key on him 100 percent. Seriously it isn't the same as when anyone else plays. This was proven when he was out with injuries.

He didn't draft himself. We didnt have a good offense prior to his arrival either. We have really messed up with our offensive development. It is going to take good drafting to correct. We need a passing game to elevate the run game even more.
Dude has no rhythm. Looks like he plays hurt if he isn't out hurt. Last year when he played he was at least a good power back now he's just not explosive whatsoever.
(12-16-2018, 11:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Period...  Over what might be the QB of our generation.
Guys drafted in the top 5 are supposed to be elite players and real difference makers for one's team. Ramsey is the only top 5 pick the jags have hit on in the Caldwell era.
From Phil Heilman's column:
With T.J. Yeldon and Corey Grant set to hit free agency and Carlos Hyde (healthy scratch Sunday) a possible cap casualty, Williams could move up on the depth chart at running back entering next season. Signed off Denver’s practice squad earlier this year, Williams said he got first-team reps in practice this week and expected to have a bigger role against the Redskins.

Have the coaching staff put LF on the bust wagon?????
(12-17-2018, 12:58 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Guys drafted in the top 5 are supposed to be elite players and real difference makers for one's team.   Ramsey is the only top 5 pick the jags have hit on in the Caldwell era.

And that was the easy one.  

QB who admits he can't throw.
Lb to play base de
Rb with no cod and no vision.  It's actually pretty pathetic.  All these guys had major red flags about how their talent would translate.
I swear I saw pics of him with a lazy eye, maybe that's the problem. Cut 'em all.
I wouldn’t say he is a Jerome Bettis. He reminds me of Ricky Williams.

Guys wasn’t riding Fournette last year when he waved that DB to come get some or when he busted lose for 190 yards rushing. Or how about rushing for over 1k while missing 3 games. He can wear a defense down over the course of a game if they will feed him the ball.

All of a sudden fans are saying Fournette is a bust. Geez.

Almost our entire oline is out with injuries, along with a backup QB. Of course teams are going to stack the box and force Cody Kessler to beat them. Lol some of you guys...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5