Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evaluation Mode? Or Tanking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After making Hyde inactive last week, the Jags have TJ Yeldon scratched in week 16. 

Are they truly just getting a good look at Williams believing he's their best option, or have they truly adopted a tanking approach to cap the season? 

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...8541782017

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...7622587392
With them saying no coaching change is coming I think they're in preseason mode. Let's be honest we don't have to tank to lose out, this roster sucks enough to do that without tanking.
Can you really call it tanking if you just suck?
Evaluation mode. Looks like David Williams will be the #2 rb going into 2019. They need to put Bortles in now, he needs all the reps he can get, then finally graduate from QB college in California this offseason, then the Jags are ready for 2019
(12-23-2018, 12:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]With them saying no coaching change is coming I think they're in preseason mode. Let's be honest we don't have to tank to lose out, this roster sucks enough to do that without tanking.

(12-23-2018, 01:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]Can you really call it tanking if you just suck?

I think you guys are right.
Professionals don't tank, they have millions riding on their performance.
Why in the world is TJ a healthy scratch. I truly hate this coaching staff and really hope the reports of marrone staying are false.
(12-23-2018, 01:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Why in the world is TJ a healthy scratch. I truly hate this coaching staff and really hope the reports of marrone staying are false.

His agent told him not play to avoid injury so he can get paid to play for a contender next season.
total evaluation.

With the cut down of OTAs and "real" opportunities to evaluate talent. This is best time against a 7-7 team and a Houston Texans team.
(12-23-2018, 01:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Why in the world is TJ a healthy scratch. I truly hate this coaching staff and really hope the reports of marrone staying are false.

I mean, if they are actually trying to win, the guy that's been a consistently effective YAC producer on screens and swings seems like a guy you want active given Miami's susceptible defense and the Jags terrible O-Line.
This was the main thing that prompted the thread for me. 
Just seems like Yeldon is good for a no-brainer 60-70 yards against this poor tackling opponent. 
Either ill-advised strategy, or they value roster evaluation over W's at this point in my opinion. 

Yeah - good chance they lose either way, but strange nonetheless.
(12-23-2018, 01:52 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]total evaluation.

With the cut down of OTAs and "real"  opportunities to evaluate talent.  This is best time against a 7-7 team and a Houston Texans team.

This, if we were tanking i dont think we would have LF or a lot of our top defenders in there. After Coughlins reaction to our last win I doubt he would ever want to lose regardless of we are out of the playoffs or not
we just suck
Look who is filling the QB position. This is a tank job.
at least jets and giants winning!’
Well we suck at tanking too
Tank lol, welp
Hyde played well, i hope we keep him as the #2 to Fournette next season. This team missed having a guy like Chris Ivory to change the pace like he did in 2017
Hyde showed I wasn't wrong when I said he should be the early down back, Yeldon the third down back, and Fournette the short yardage/goal line back.
Twenty three years in and this team more specifically the front office is starting to test my fandom to this crap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4