Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Oliver with our 1st 3rd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Would of rather Knox or Sternberger but we got our TE
He was projected to be a 7th round pick. Think we could have gotten him later
His stock has really moved up during the draft process. Big guy, real athletic, think it's a good pick. Definitely more of a receiving TE which is what we needed.
I am not upset about it. Could we have got someone "better"? Maybe. Bitt he is a pure receiving TE and I can't be upset about that.
(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]He was projected to be a 7th round pick. Think we could have gotten him later

7th round pick?  From who, I was thinking 4th
(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]He was projected to be a 7th round pick. Think we could have gotten him later

7th, huh?
(04-26-2019, 10:08 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/1010xlag/status/1121...60577?s=21

Ok then.

He wasn't making it out of the 3rd

One of my favorite TEs in the class. Can do it all bar block but he's shown flashes there. Will have 400 yards as a rookie
(04-26-2019, 10:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]

He wasn't making it out of the 3rd

I have good information that we could've signed him as an UDFA. Caldwell is so bad.
(04-26-2019, 10:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 10:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]He wasn't making it out of the 3rd

I have good information that we could've signed him as an UDFA. Caldwell is so bad.

half right!
(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]He was projected to be a 7th round pick. Think we could have gotten him later
Did you misread the 7th rated TE?

No way he would go that late

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(04-26-2019, 10:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 10:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]He wasn't making it out of the 3rd

Huh? I seen him ranked 6 or 7th among TE’s on multiple boards.
For what it's worth, I watched a video on him on NFL's website and they projected him to be drafted in the 7th round. Maybe the video was made several months ago, and his stock rose. But it is what they are currently showing as a bio video of him. I still think 3rd round is a little early.
“Sources Tell Us

"I had him as my sleeper this summer, but he just put too much on tape to stay a sleeper. He can work in the slot but he needs to get better as a blocker so he can stay on the field on every down." -- West Coast scout for AFC team”
Not impressed. Same ole, same ole with this franchise. Ignore TE until 3rd-7th rounds. Rinse and repeat. They'll never change just like this offense won't either.
He's a big body with a good offensive skill set. He'll need some work on blocking. From what I read, he's an eager worker and a sound team player. I think he'll mature well in the pros.

(04-26-2019, 11:05 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]Not impressed. Same ole, same ole with this franchise. Ignore TE until 3rd-7th rounds. Rinse and repeat. They'll never change just like this offense won't either.

I really had my heart set on Jace Sternberger. The Packers are going to make that boy famous.
Isnt Sternberger considered to be a terrible blocker with character issues? I understand the flash of a pure receiving TE, and maybe Oliver isnt quite as good as Sternberger in that regard, but at least he has the frame to block. He needs to work on technique and effort a little bit, but he looks more sound in the blocking department with room to grow and use his body. Plus he seems like a team guy, at least I havent found any negative stuff on him.

Im okay with it. After we chose Allen in the first, it was obvious that we werent gonna get a top tier TE (Hockenson or Fant), and Oliver can catch a ball and has the tools to be an average blocker for the position (on paper). Good enough for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4