Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack extension : 4 years / $57 million
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Great news.
Ok so pay Yannick
I like it. They're getting ahead of the market at the position now while they can.

Now get Ngakoue done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Congratulations Jack on your contract extension. Please play the part.

NH3...
Great news for sure.
Good for Jack.
Glad to have him but that's a whole lot of money for a guy who has yet to be an above average player. He better take a huge step forward this year.
(08-31-2019, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to have him but that's a whole lot of money for a guy who has yet to be an above average player. He better take a huge step forward this year.

They must have seen something in practice to make them do this.
Good for Jack, but was he deserving yet? Mosely and Wagner have proven themselves. Seems a little premature, but hopefully it works out.
Can he tackle Derrick Henry now?
(08-31-2019, 03:08 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Good for Jack, but was he deserving yet? Mosely and Wagner have proven themselves. Seems a little premature, but hopefully it works out.
Getting ahead of the market.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That was a shock.

While I'm happy to have Jack for longer, I'd have made him earn the contract first. He was bad last year, above average in 2017 and then barely played as a rookie. Hasn't sniffed being a top 10 Lb yet and I don't think the Lb contracts are going to explode more in the next year.

Also #PayYan
Really happy for Myles and the team!
I’d have paid Yan first.

Glad to have jack locked up though.
Jags signing Myles Jack to 4-year, $57M extension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-extension

The Jaguars are signing linebacker Myles Jack to a four-year contract extension worth $57 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports. The deal makes Jack the third-highest paid LB in the NFL.
EZ decision by the FO. Take care of your drafted talent first and foremost...ALWAYS.
I'm surprised he got more than Jaylon Smith. He was excellent last year. I guess if you're going to get some guys to sign early you gotta overpay though.
(08-31-2019, 03:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’d have paid Yan first.

Glad to have jack locked up though.

They offered Yan top 4 money as well and a shorter term. It takes two to tango. Sometimes guys get bad agent advice.
Good news, though looking at the numbers, it's not a total shock he got done before Yannick Ngakoue.

Now then FO, get Yannick signed next.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9