Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do we do with Josh Dobbs, once Foles returns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Here's something I just thought of. What do we do with Josh Dobbs, once Nick Foles returns? We spent a 5th round pick to acquire him. Do we run with 3 QB's on the roster? Do we cut him like we did Carlos Hyde and waste the 5th round pick or do we try and trade him for a pick? Just wondering.........
Cut him.

We've never had an issue with wasting picks before, so why stop now
(10-21-2019, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Here's something I just thought of. What do we do with Josh Dobbs, once Nick Foles returns? We spent a 5th round pick to acquire him. Do we run with 3 QB's on the roster? Do we cut him like we did Carlos Hyde and waste the 5th round pick or do we try and trade him for a pick? Just wondering.........

Great question.   Unfortunately, when Foles gets back Nov 17, it will be after the trade deadline.
Dobbs trade was beyond dumb!
Awesome decision trading a 5th rounder for him.
They’ll probably run with 3 QBs. Collarbones have a tendency to be slow menders and refracture. You’ll hang onto him until the offseason and then look to trade him then as he’s under contract thru 2020. Pretty simple really.
(10-21-2019, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome decision trading a 5th rounder for him.

You're not allowed to criticize the front office. After all, they drafted Josh Allen!!!!!
Trade him for a quality TE. Or an OG.
Can we trade him back to Pittsburgh?
But but but Caldwell is a genius and he should stay....
I say hold onto him and see how he plays in the Pre-Season. If he worthy, keep or trade him for value to an needy team.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
I would trade him back to Steelers for the fifth round pick if they would take it (I doubt it).
No other team is dumb enough to trade a 5th or a 6th for Dobbs.
This one is easy.

Keep him, showcase his talents in meaningless 15th and 16th games after we have already run away with the division, then trade him for that 5th rounder and an additional 3rd rounder after he does awesome
My understanding of the practice squad rules would seem to indicate that Joshua Dobbs still has practice squad eligibility. Though risky, we could release him, hope that he clears waivers, then sign him to the practice squad.
Wow, how quickly we forget the Denver game. Had chubb really gotten into Minshew's knee...we would have really needed Dobbs. Some of you guys just want to criticize for the [BLEEP] of it
My guess is one of two things (well maybe three) will happen.

My first choice would be to keep him on the roster just in case (God forbid) of an injury to Foles and/or Minshew.  Make a decision after the season as far as which direction to go at QB.  In a "perfect scenario" perhaps trade Foles and draft another young QB to compete for a backup job behind Minshew.

Second choice would be to release him and if he clears waivers sign him to the practice squad.

Last choice would be to release him and move on.
(10-21-2019, 11:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Trade him for a quality TE. Or an OG.

We could trade him for a TE or an OG, but I don't know how much quality you would get back for a 3rd string QB. We'd probably only be able to trade him for a TE the equivalent of a Seth DeValve or an OG on the same level as Brandon Thomas and that really won't help.
(10-21-2019, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Here's something I just thought of. What do we do with Josh Dobbs, once Nick Foles returns? We spent a 5th round pick to acquire him. Do we run with 3 QB's on the roster? Do we cut him like we did Carlos Hyde and waste the 5th round pick or do we try and trade him for a pick? Just wondering.........

Keep him.  We let a draft pick go so why release the player we got for it...sarcarsm.  I really don't care what this FO does.  Just fire them already.
They keep him
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5