Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFLPA wins grievance case and slams Jaguars management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Just wow. 

Wonder how the Coughlin supporters will spin this? 

25% of all grievances the last 2 years have come from Jacksonville 

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...5558803458
My first thought was this has to be Jalen.

But it could have been Fournette, too.
its Fowler
Whoopsie. I hardly think this is a coincidence that this is "leaking" now, either.
There certainly were several to choose from, lol!
(12-16-2019, 04:04 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]There certainly were several to choose from, lol!

Yeah Fournette has certainly had a grievance too, and i bet Ramsey may have had multiple

and now we wait for the fans who will defend Tom no matter what.......
(12-16-2019, 03:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Just wow. 

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...5558803458

That last sentence could be disturbing, but I wonder how many grievances have been filed?  Just as an example if 8 were filed in the last 2 years and 2 of them came from Jacksonville that would be 25%.  Now by contrast if say 100 of them were filed (from 32 possible teams) and 25 of them were from Jacksonville, that would be a problem.

For the record, I don't consider myself a "Coughlin supporter".

The part not shown in that preview is that the NFLPA specifically advises players to "consider this when you have a chance to select your next club". Not a good look for Coughlin.
Well.... there were grievances publicly talked about last season over anthem policies. And then Antonio Brown himself had 2 grievances filed on his behalf this year.
I'm willing to bet the number of grievances filed is more than 10 but less than 50.

It's still a lot considering there are 32 teams, and 1/4 have come against a Coughlin led front office.
25% is 25% no matter how you slice the pie... our front office has had more, on average, than any.
That's a problem
Its a huge problem either way, without ever knowing the full figure, especially when you consider the rest of the comments
(12-16-2019, 04:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

The part not shown in that preview is that the NFLPA specifically advises players to "consider this when you have a chance to select your next club". Not a good look for Coughlin.

When the NFLPA specifically calls out your management, it's time to clean house.  

Coughlin and everyone beneath him have to go.
I smell Ramsey
Mark Long said it was Dante Fowler.

The hard reality here is that they need to get rid of Coughlin for the sole purpose of free agents coming here. What a hole Shad Khan has dug...
Players today have it so easy.

It's why the product on the field is garbage today.

Any team from the 90s would destroy any team from today and it wouldn't even be close.

That being said - you gotta play by the rules as they are written and ol' Tommy boy refuses to do that.
(12-16-2019, 04:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Players today have it so easy.

Any team from the 90s would destroy any team from today and it wouldn't even be close.

That being said - you gotta play by the rules as they are written and ol' Tommy boy refuses to do that.

Yeah, stupid NFL.  Trying to protect a player's health.
(12-16-2019, 04:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Players today have it so easy.

I'd like to see teams from the 90s playing against Mahomes , Lamar and Russell Wilson. The NFL now is bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled/smarter.
(12-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, stupid NFL.  Trying to protect a player's health.

Not really a sport you get into if you want to live a life of health. What is next? Dana White asking his athletes to wear headgear?
(12-16-2019, 04:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, stupid NFL.  Trying to protect a player's health.

Not really a sport you get into if you want to live a life of health. What is next? Dana White asking his athletes to wear headgear?

So you're saying they shouldn't take any measures to reduce injuries?  Brilliant.
(12-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2019, 04:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a sport you get into if you want to live a life of health. What is next? Dana White asking his athletes to wear headgear?

So you're saying they shouldn't take any measures to reduce injuries?  Brilliant.

I'm not defending Coughlin, but TrivialPursuit had a solid point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14