Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Joe Schobert joins Jaguars on five-year, $53.8M deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Leggo
Joe Schobert is one of the bigger names entering the market at linebacker this offseason, and that means he's about to get paid.As one of the two prominent coverage linebackers (the other being Cory Littleton), he could end up making in excess of $10 million per season with his new team. 

The Cleveland Browns aren't willing to pay him at or above that mark and are letting him hit the market, according to Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot.That says it all, right? The Browns allowed 24.6 points per game last year and have $61.8 million in cap space, yet they don't want to pay up. 

Schobert graded at 59.1 at Pro Football Focus in 2019, largely because of his struggles against the run. On top of that, he allowed a 69.1 completion percentage in coverage with three touchdowns surrendered on 55 targets. He also missed 10.7 percent of his tackles. Generally billed as a top coverage linebacker, Schobert didn't excel in that area last year and is a bit one-dimensional, yet the open market could push his number well beyond what even his former team, which originally invested in him, wants to pay. 

The Most Overrated 2020 NFL Free Agents Available

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880...ble#slide0
Great. I really like him.
So now we have two Myles Jack's?
Seems to have the mental side to handle the MLB spot. Something Jack seemed to lack big time.
Love it. Evidently we aren't giving up on the 2020 season?
No more Calais... Yan and Allen on the edges, and two coverage LBs.

Maybe we'll play Nickel full time?
Great signing. Super smart and good in coverage.

Also prevents us from reaching on a LB in the draft now. V happy

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1086651248495988736?s=19

From 2018 season ^
Sports Center loved him. This puts Jack back outside, stabilizes the LB corps a bit. With Jacobs/Calitro/Williams/Rookies etc vying for the 3rd spot and some nickel time.

Not sure what to make of his run stopping shortfalls
Hmm, this is a weird one. The analytics don't really like him, and his weakness is already our defenses weakness, but LB was our biggest need and the tape people like him a lot.

I really hate paying big money to two guys at non premium positions, but if he is as good at getting the defense lined up in the right spot that alone will help greatly.

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic about him but I don't see a home run here.
(03-17-2020, 03:15 PM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]Sports Center loved him. This puts Jack back outside, stabilizes the LB corps a bit. With Jacobs/Calitro/Williams/Rookies etc vying for the 3rd spot and some nickel time.

Not sure what to make of his run stopping shortfalls

I can live with missed tackles if you at least know where the play is at. More often than not that's a w
Joe Schobert joins Jaguars on five-year, $53.8M deal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-538m-deal

Joe Schobert left Cleveland in search of a better offer elsewhere, and his gamble proved wise. Schobert has agreed to a five-year, $53.75 million deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Good quick breakdown. I like how he mentioned his blitzing prowess.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1239989078315151368
Our new Poz? I'm down!
Would have rather seen the kid from Chicago. But this signing make sense. This all but seals the deal with Jack moving back outside which should hopefully improve the run defense at least. Boy oh boy I wish I could find that thread where I caught a ration of [BLEEP] for basically saying Jack wasn't going to be cut out for the ILB job (among others).

Whose laughing now!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[Image: giphy.gif]
This is huge for the defense. We have a lot of money at LB now but I'm glad Miles can get back to his natural position.
One good thing about this move is it upgrades 2 positions
So i take it this means we aren't getting I. Simmons from Clemson in the draft.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5