Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Davon Hamilton - Rd3, Pick 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
With the 73rd pick in the 3rd round, we selected Davon Hamilton, DL, Oh. State.

Thoughts?
Seems like a huge reach to fill a need. Quincy Williams all over again. Looks like they want a nose tackle to eat up space and blockers. Sounds good in theory but why not get him in the 4th round and not early 3rd?
Massive reach for need. Terrible.
This is the guy I wanted if we didn't get Derrick Brown in the first. Very happy with the player although I was looking forward to some more help on the OL (I wanted Cushenberry/Hennessy/Jackson there).
But very happy with the player, was just hoping we'd go a different direction.
Al Woods showed how easy it is to fill 2 down NT extremely cheaply. What a waste to use a top 100 pick on one.
(04-24-2020, 10:12 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the guy I wanted if we didn't get Derrick Brown in the first. Very happy with the player although I was looking forward to some more help on the OL (I wanted Cushenberry/Hennessy/Jackson there).
But very happy with the player,

You wanted him here in the 3rd?
For everyone saying it's a reach to fill a need, who would you have taken instead?
(04-24-2020, 10:14 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]For everyone saying it's a reach to fill a need, who would you have taken instead?

There are 2-3 interior lineman that would've been nice.
Where are you O Line Matters? This pick has to perk you up!
Pick 73 on a space eater? Terrible pick.
All I know is that he will definitely help out against the run, which was arguably the worst thing we tried to defend against.

He seems to be somewhat versatile in that he can play NT in a 3-4 or a DT in a 4-3.

I also think that there is still major value in the later rounds to address this position as I'm high on Raequan Williams and Fotu.
(04-24-2020, 10:14 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]For everyone saying it's a reach to fill a need, who would you have taken instead?
Cushenberry

Somebody to play RG? Or someone to push Linder or Cam to RG? 

OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!
(04-24-2020, 10:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 10:12 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the guy I wanted if we didn't get Derrick Brown in the first. Very happy with the player although I was looking forward to some more help on the OL (I wanted Cushenberry/Hennessy/Jackson there).
But very happy with the player,

You wanted him here in the 3rd?

I thought his range was late second-end of the third round. I wouldn't have taken him here right now (there's Fotu I like who we could get later) with the way the board was falling and our needs but I think he went pretty much where he was projected.
Our best pick, by a mile. In fact, the only pick I like so far. He was my #2 NT behind Brown. He's huge, he's an excellent run stopper and he can collapse the pocket from the inside and get to the QB. Hopefully, we can find a 3 technique to play next to him in the later rounds. Hamilton should really make a difference in our run defense.

Jordan Elliott is a DT who was the only DL that graded above 90 in both run stopping and pass rush. He was also among the best available on everyone's list. So him.
(04-24-2020, 10:16 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 10:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]You wanted him here in the 3rd?

I thought his range was late second-end of the third round. I wouldn't have taken him here right now (there's Fotu I like who we could get later) with the way the board was falling and our needs but I think he went pretty much where he was projected.

Cool, thanks.
All the offensive lineman go in the fourth to fifth round, chill out, we have 5 picks there. The only one to [BLEEP] about is 9
One guy says reach and another says he’s the best thing smoking.

LOL!
(04-24-2020, 10:17 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

Jordan Elliott is a DT who was the only DL that graded above 90 in both run stopping and pass rush. He was also among the best available on everyone's list. So him.

Elliot is a 3 tech, I dont see him beating out Bryan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6