Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Rounds 4-7 Draft Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
We have 8 picks today and I feel like round 4 will be the most important round for us in the draft as we have 3 picks.  There are still some great players available and some guys that could start for us day 1 imo, I hope we have a great day today
Well they’ve done well filling needs thus far. Will be interesting to see if any turn out to be a bad reach.

I hope that the next need on their list is OL.
What a horrifically disappointing draft.
Lots of guys I like especially in the secondary and WRs.
3 guys I really like are Bryce Hall, Troy Pride JR and Amik Robertson (love this kid, slot only possibly but he can play). Then there's Darnay Holmes, Reggie Robinson, Harrison Hand...there's quality around at CB spots.
Kenny Robinson the XFL safety is someone I would like as well or K'von Wallace.

The thing is OL option are running thin: at this point Biadasz even with all the medical concerns could be a legit option and worth taking a risk on, would be huge reward if he stays healthy. Another OL guy I like is Shane Lemieux, I think he can be a really good guard.
Fotu, Khalil Davis, Benito Jones are good DL but at this point it would make little sense.

TE group: I'd like to get Moss &/or Bryant.

Wide receiveres are too many to mention: KJ Hill and Gandy Golden are probably at the top of the list.

Either way I really hope we help the OL somehow (Biadaz and Lemieux at this point would be my options) and upgrade safety depth: Robinson has traits that could make him much more than simply depth. After this, doubling down on CB makes sense and TE is always an option given our uncertain group.

I wouldn't mind moving up a little for Biadasz at the start of the 4th actually. Even then I'd still double down on OL (Lemieux or a tackle).

We'll see...there are still good options around.

Oh and Anthony McFarland. Didn't want a RB before this round but now he' sa guy I'd love to bring in.
2 words: DeeJay Dallas
With three picks in RD4? I would be tickled pink if they landed:

Leki Fotu, Benito Jones or Carlos Davis at DT to pair with Hamilton.
Solomon Kindley or Jon Simpson at Guard.
Harrison Bryant, Austin Bryant or Albert Okwuegbunam at Tight End.
Gandy Golden or Peoples Jones at Wide Reciever.
Joshua Kelley, Anthony McFarland Jr. ot Eno Benjamin at Running Back.
(04-25-2020, 09:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]With three picks in RD4? I would be tickled pink if they landed:

Throw in Lemieux at guard and this is a perfect list, IMO. (you mean Hunter Bryant, not Austin?)

Edit: Add Amik R. too.
(04-25-2020, 09:42 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 09:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]With three picks in RD4? I would be tickled pink if they landed:

Throw in Lemieux at guard and this is a perfect list, IMO. (you mean Hunter Bryant, not Austin?)

Add Amik R. too.

Correct. Hunter and Harrison Bryant.
I would really like to leave this draft with Collin Johnson. I just have a feeling he will be a steal.
Not big fans of Brycen Hopkins around here? Ive seen places where he's the #1 TE
(04-25-2020, 09:55 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]Not big fans of Brycen Hopkins around here? Ive seen places where he's the #1 TE

I like Hopkins but I would take Harrison Bryant and Abert O over him
Why do people think Albert O is good?
I think we have the 3rd worst draft going so far. We really need to kill it today, hopefully Dave uses this surplus of picks to roll the dice on some injury guys who would have been in the top 50 discussion otherwise. Guys like Muti, Marcus Bailey, and Trey Adams (I don't think Adams was top 50ish even before but he's good value this late).
3rd worst seems extremely critical. There isnt a single mock that didnt have Chaisson and Henderson in Rd 1. Shenault is a pick most everyone is in love with. Hamilton is really the only one you could have huge qualms with and that seems to be relatively justifiable
Could Trey Adams challenge Cam Robinson?
(04-25-2020, 10:39 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]3rd worst seems extremely critical. There isnt a single mock that didnt have Chaisson and Henderson in Rd 1. Shenault is a pick most everyone is in love with. Hamilton is really the only one you could have huge qualms with and that seems to be relatively justifiable

The philosophy of this draft is terrible. Your avatar is prophetic for what's to come this season because of the terrible selections made the last two days.
Still a lot of QUALITY on the Offensive side between TE/WR/ and RB left on the board. With three picks in the fourth we could really reshape the offense. Heck, if Fromm/Eason continue to plummet I wouldn’t be averse to snatching one of them.
(04-25-2020, 10:39 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]3rd worst seems extremely critical. There isnt a single mock that didnt have Chaisson and Henderson in Rd 1. Shenault is a pick most everyone is in love with. Hamilton is really the only one you could have huge qualms with and that seems to be relatively justifiable

We could have drafted Deon Sanders and Reggie White and people would still complain. Best to just ignore then
(04-25-2020, 08:28 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of guys I like especially in the secondary and WRs.
3 guys I really like are Bryce Hall, Troy Pride JR and Amik Robertson (love this kid, slot only possibly but he can play). Then there's Darnay Holmes, Reggie Robinson, Harrison Hand...there's quality around at CB spots.
Kenny Robinson the XFL safety is someone I would like as well or K'von Wallace.

The thing is OL option are running thin: at this point Biadasz even with all the medical concerns could be a legit option and worth taking a risk on, would be huge reward if he stays healthy. Another OL guy I like is Shane Lemieux, I think he can be a really good guard.
Fotu, Khalil Davis, Benito Jones are good DL but at this point it would make little sense.

TE group: I'd like to get Moss &/or Bryant.

Wide receiveres are too many to mention: KJ Hill and Gandy Golden are probably at the top of the list.

Either way I really hope we help the OL somehow (Biadaz and Lemieux at this point would be my options) and upgrade safety depth: Robinson has traits that could make him much more than simply depth. After this, doubling down on CB makes sense and TE is always an option given our uncertain group.

I wouldn't mind moving up a little for Biadasz at the start of the 4th actually. Even then I'd still double down on OL (Lemieux or a tackle).

We'll see...there are still good options around.

Oh and Anthony McFarland. Didn't want a RB before this round but now he' sa guy I'd love to bring in.

I really like your list. The guys I like most are K.J. Hill, Gandy Golden, Lemieux and Biadasz. Also, Harrison Bryant at tight end.
dad says jags need to draft jack prom from gegorgia. I myself would be ok with that as a pick. but i really think the jags should get Rico Dowdle. He will be a steal,and is a whole lot better then fornate is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25