Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vote by Mail????? Ripe for missing ballots......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
South Carolina election ballots reportedly found in Maryland this week

South Carolina election ballots reportedly ended up in Maryland this week, after mail-in voting for the Palmetto State’s June 9 primary has already begun, according to local news reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-c...-this-week
Mail-in ballots is a huge NO!

Traditional absentee ballots and early voting, yes.
(05-21-2020, 03:49 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]South Carolina election ballots reportedly found in Maryland this week

South Carolina election ballots reportedly ended up in Maryland this week, after mail-in voting for the Palmetto State’s June 9 primary has already begun, according to local news reports.

Dateline Normandy-

Chaos as American soldiers stormed French beaches - advance intelligence indicated that were that there were three layers of obstacles in their way, but these have been totally discredited as troops found two layers in some locations, and four in others.  Three soldiers were given orders to haul pallets of ammunition off of the amphibious boat, but there were only two pallets.  One soldier was caught in the middle not knowing which of the two pallets to pull on.  The complex battle plans required the various amphibious boats to land in a certain order, but, some boats arrived ahead of schedule, and had to idle periodically during their journeys, waiting for others to catch up.  We were not able to reach Allied Supreme Commander Dwight Eisenhower for comment before press time, but, multiple retired generals we were able to contact were concerned, considering nothing like this operation had been attempted before, and none of them could promise that no further embarrassing mistakes would be made.
(05-21-2020, 04:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 03:49 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]South Carolina election ballots reportedly found in Maryland this week

Dateline Normandy-

Chaos as American soldiers stormed French beaches - advance intelligence indicated that were that there were three layers of obstacles in their way, but these have been totally discredited as troops found two layers in some locations, and four in others.  Three soldiers were given orders to haul pallets of ammunition off of the amphibious boat, but there were only two pallets.  One soldier was caught in the middle not knowing which of the two pallets to pull on.  The complex battle plans required the various amphibious boats to land in a certain order, but, some boats arrived ahead of schedule, and had to idle periodically during their journeys, waiting for others to catch up.  We were not able to reach Allied Supreme Commander Dwight Eisenhower for comment before press time, but, multiple retired generals we were able to contact were concerned, considering nothing like this operation had been attempted before, and none of them could promise that no further embarrassing mistakes would be made.

Further evidence that the lockdown has resulted in a large number of substance abuse deaths.

Or vote by machine.
(05-21-2020, 04:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]From Sept 2019

From July 2019
(05-21-2020, 04:41 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 04:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Dateline Normandy-

Further evidence that the lockdown has resulted in a large number of substance abuse deaths.

Or vote by machine.

Problems happened on D-Day. We fixed them. Problems happen every time we try to do something, but we fix them as we go.
We used to distrust and dislike people who did nothing but highlight problems, who would not help solve them, who would not look at the bigger picture.
Now we put those people on cable news.  Now we read their websites.
(05-21-2020, 05:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 04:41 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]Further evidence that the lockdown has resulted in a large number of substance abuse deaths.

Or vote by machine.

Problems happened on D-Day. We fixed them. Problems happen every time we try to do something, but we fix them as we go.
We used to distrust and dislike people who did nothing but highlight problems, who would not help solve them, who would not look at the bigger picture.

D-Day was a once in history event. There was no reasonable alternative and problems were considered an acceptable cost. In the case of voting the secret ballot is still the best solution, and your ballot isn't secret if someone threatens you to let them fill it out. There is no need for an "error and try to fix later" alternative to the voting booth.

A better example is computer hacking and malware. There will never be a time when the problems are fixed (at least I kept getting updates to patch holes in the operating systems). Criminals will always find a way around any solution. That's even more concerning when the criminals are the ones in charge.

And I just hope whatever you're on doesn't kill you.

(05-21-2020, 04:51 PM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 04:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]From Sept 2019

From July 2019

That's four so far, and they were only the ones that were caught and not covered up.
(05-21-2020, 09:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 05:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Problems happened on D-Day. We fixed them. Problems happen every time we try to do something, but we fix them as we go.

D-Day was a once in history event. There was no reasonable alternative and problems were considered an acceptable cost. In the case of voting the secret ballot is still the best solution, and your ballot isn't secret if someone threatens you to let them fill it out. There is no need for an "error and try to fix later" alternative to the voting booth.

A better example is computer hacking and malware. There will never be a time when the problems are fixed (at least I kept getting updates to patch holes in the operating systems). Criminals will always find a way around any solution. That's even more concerning when the criminals are the ones in charge.

Computer hacking has always been around. Yet we've had computers handling our bank accounts for decades now. Money! Every day.  Much more involved than a few votes. Much more tempting - election fraud would only benefit one candidate at a time, but any number of people could benefit from a scheme to mess with how computers count the money.

As for the "secret ballot" thing, I share that concern.  I want my ballot to be secret and yours too.  But let's step into the enemy's shoes.  Imagine that you're a nasty person who is running for your local soil and water district, and you want to cheat to win.  You resolve to intimidate your neighbors into showing you their mail in ballot with your name marked on it. You're about to knock on your first door.  What odds do you think you have of "persuading" your neighbor without the neighbor calling the cops on you?
(05-21-2020, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 09:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]D-Day was a once in history event. There was no reasonable alternative and problems were considered an acceptable cost. In the case of voting the secret ballot is still the best solution, and your ballot isn't secret if someone threatens you to let them fill it out. There is no need for an "error and try to fix later" alternative to the voting booth.

Computer hacking has always been around. Yet we've had computers handling our bank accounts for decades now. Money! Every day.  Much more involved than a few votes. Much more tempting - election fraud would only benefit one candidate at a time, but any number of people could benefit from a scheme to mess with how computers count the money.

As for the "secret ballot" thing, I share that concern.  I want my ballot to be secret and yours too.  But let's step into the enemy's shoes.  Imagine that you're a nasty person who is running for your local soil and water district, and you want to cheat to win.  You resolve to intimidate your neighbors into showing you their mail in ballot with your name marked on it. You're about to knock on your first door.  What odds do you think you have of "persuading" your neighbor without the neighbor calling the cops on you?

You don't do it yourself. You pay Luca Brasi to do it. Are you going to call the cops on Luca Brasi? Do you not value your family?

The four articles prove that some candidates (or their cronies) believe that it's worth doing. And like I said to Gabe, that's only the ones that we know about.
(05-21-2020, 11:36 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Computer hacking has always been around. Yet we've had computers handling our bank accounts for decades now. Money! Every day.  Much more involved than a few votes. Much more tempting - election fraud would only benefit one candidate at a time, but any number of people could benefit from a scheme to mess with how computers count the money.

You don't do it yourself. You pay Luca Brasi to do it. Are you going to call the cops on Luca Brasi? Do you not value your family?

The four articles prove that some candidates (or their cronies) believe that it's worth doing. And like I said to Gabe, that's only the ones that we know about.

Maybe we read a different four articles, but I didn't see any intimidating mobsters coming around to people's houses trying to inspect their ballots.
I saw some stories of shipments getting mixed up.
So, I wonder how opposed people would be to implementing a voter ID law that would allow for online voting. You could make the ID an authenticator that only allow a vote to go through once it's been verified. I'm just spitballin', but I think there is some potential there.
No one should ever be permitted to vote by absentee or mail unless they are deployed military and their immediate family. End of story.
(05-22-2020, 08:11 AM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]So, I wonder how opposed people would be to implementing a voter ID law that would allow for online voting. You could make the ID an authenticator that only allow a vote to go through once it's been verified. I'm just spitballin', but I think there is some potential there.

https://xkcd.com/2030/
(05-21-2020, 09:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 05:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Problems happened on D-Day. We fixed them. Problems happen every time we try to do something, but we fix them as we go.

(05-21-2020, 04:51 PM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]From July 2019

That's four so far, and they were only the ones that were caught and not covered up.

Just because you can't prove they're not out to get you doesn't mean they aren't.
Just a little refresher as this was discussed ad-nauseam a few weeks back. 

There is no proof of "widespread voter fraud" as the president and others constantly suggest. BLT thought 1102 convictions of voter fraud suggested there was. 

Across all 50 states and every precinct.

Over a 41 year period.  

That's a .6% impact since 1979. 

Fear of voter-fraud is unfounded.
(05-22-2020, 09:55 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]Just a little refresher as this was discussed ad-nauseam a few weeks back. 

There is no proof of "widespread voter fraud" as the president and others constantly suggest. BLT thought 1102 convictions of voter fraud suggested there was. 

Over a 41 year period.  

And that doesn't suggest that the election results might get skewed by 0.6%.

That means that for every election that had an instance of fraud, there were about 200 elections that passed with no incident.
(05-22-2020, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2020, 09:55 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]Just a little refresher as this was discussed ad-nauseam a few weeks back. 

Over a 41 year period.  

And that doesn't suggest that the election results might get skewed by 0.6%.

That means that for every election that had an instance of fraud, there were about 200 elections that passed with no incident.

Or that one out of every 200 elections was decided by fraud instead of the voters. Not a good record.

And again: that's only the ones we know about. These are crimes where the victim doesn't know for sure they've even been victimized. What percentage of shoplifters are caught? Unless the store carefully tracks it's inventory it usually doesn't even know it's been robbed.

(05-22-2020, 08:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2020, 11:36 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]You don't do it yourself. You pay Luca Brasi to do it. Are you going to call the cops on Luca Brasi? Do you not value your family?

Maybe we read a different four articles, but I didn't see any intimidating mobsters coming around to people's houses trying to inspect their ballots.

That's because voting is mostly in person. If voting by mail ever became the standard method then intimidating mobsters would become the norm. And if you are willing to risk your family and call the cops you better be damned sure that the chief of police isn't in on it.
(05-22-2020, 10:36 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2020, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]And that doesn't suggest that the election results might get skewed by 0.6%.

Or that one out of every 200 elections was decided by fraud instead of the voters. Not a good record.

And again: that's only the ones we know about. These are crimes where the victim doesn't know for sure they've even been victimized. What percentage of shoplifters are caught? Unless the store carefully tracks it's inventory it usually doesn't even know it's been robbed.

(05-22-2020, 08:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe we read a different four articles, but I didn't see any intimidating mobsters coming around to people's houses trying to inspect their ballots.

That's because voting is mostly in person. If voting by mail ever became the standard method then intimidating mobsters would become the norm. And if you are willing to risk your family and call the cops you better be damned sure that the chief of police isn't in on it.

I get it now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4