Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Disproving White Privilege In 30 Seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Black Americans make up roughly 13% of the population, yet they make up 75% of NFL players.  Is this over sampling because GM's and Coaches hate white people?  The fundamental premise of "White privilige" is that anything that has a disparate impact is inherently and institutionally racist/unconsciously bias etc.  We just proved that you can have a completely OBJECTIVE sorting criteria that produces good faith results that are completely asymmetrical to the population @ large.
(06-03-2020, 06:26 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Black Americans make up roughly 13% of the population, yet they make up 75% of NFL players.  Is this over sampling because GM's and Coaches hate white people?  The fundamental premise of "White privilige" is that anything that has a disparate impact is inherently and institutionally racist/unconsciously bias etc.  We just proved that you can have a completely OBJECTIVE sorting criteria that produces good faith results that are completely asymmetrical to the population @ large.

nar·row-mind·ed
/ˌnerōˈmīndəd/

adjective
adjective: narrow-minded

1. not willing to listen to or tolerate other people's views; prejudiced.
    "it would be narrow-minded not to welcome these developments"

More black people in the NFL = disproving the existence of white privilege. Got it.
(06-03-2020, 08:56 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]More black people in the NFL = disproving the existence of white privilege. Got it.
All these white owners just love discriminating against white players....
Ummmmmmmmm....................What????
(06-03-2020, 08:56 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]More black people in the NFL = disproving the existence of white privilege. Got it.

I know, simple right?

Again, the major thesis used to advance the idea of white privilege is that black americans are 40% of the prison population but only 13% of the population. Black kids are three times as likely to be suspended from school, white Americans have a 9 to 1 wealth advantage so THEREFOR the only explanation for these disparities is systemic racism. The underlying supposition is that in any economic activity there should be an even distribution to reflect the population @ large. Any deviation from that proportional representation is due to racism, unconcious bias etc. But the above is a common sense example to show that through a purely objective meritocratic sorting of a population u can produce results that are both in good faith and asymmetrical to the population @ large.

Another example is hockey players. I believe close to 50% of all hockey players come from Minnesota. Going back to football an inordinate number of athletes come from Florida California and Texas. this is the same in the general economy.

Moreover, black americans are not a monolith. When u control for family structure the wealth gap evaporates. When you compare Caribbean Americans to native born blacks theres a disparity very similar to the white black divide. Very similar to west Indian blacks. Etc. Are we to assume that white supremacists are so thorough that they check a persons passport or family genealogy before applying invidious standards.
(06-03-2020, 09:08 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]

I know, simple right?

That's your problem: assignment/assumption of simplicity to a complex issue
Using the NFL, which consists of ~ 1,250 black players of the total 42 million black population in the United States seems to be a relatively good sample size of the real US.  

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477723c7e9bd25095226...=giphy.gif]
American doesn't have a race problem, it has a culture problem.
(06-03-2020, 09:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]American doesn't have a race problem, it has a culture problem.

Settle down, there is no money in that.
(06-03-2020, 09:46 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 09:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]American doesn't have a race problem, it has a culture problem.

Settle down, there is no money in that.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

I was just having this discussion with my twenty-something daughter.
(06-03-2020, 09:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 09:08 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]I know, simple right?

That's your problem: assignment/assumption of simplicity to a complex issue

Well put.

Sometimes when I see the complete lack of empathy and compassion from some of the posters on here (and obviously in society in general) I wonder if they are somewhere on the spectrum of autism.

But it's a chicken and egg thing; do they inherently lack compassion and empathy, and therefore they are drawn to these inflexible, numbers-based conservative arguments, or are they so ingrained in these inflexible, numbers-based conservative arguments that they slowly have to switch off compassion and empathy so they can maintain their position?
(06-03-2020, 10:19 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 09:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]That's your problem: assignment/assumption of simplicity to a complex issue

Well put.

Sometimes when I see the complete lack of empathy and compassion from some of the posters on here (and obviously in society in general) I wonder if they are somewhere on the spectrum of autism.

But it's a chicken and egg thing; do they inherently lack compassion and empathy, and therefore they are drawn to these inflexible, numbers-based conservative arguments, or are they so ingrained in these inflexible, numbers-based conservative arguments that they slowly have to switch off compassion and empathy so they can maintain their position?

Lol, sometime you should try living with people like you. It's enough to drive us normal people to self-harm.

Yea, a culture of brats that want everything handed to them on a silver platter. In addition to wanting the privilege to do as they please with none of the consequences
(06-03-2020, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 10:19 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Well put.

Lol, sometime you should try living with people like you. It's enough to drive us normal people to self-harm.

Good to know some positives could come from all of this.
(06-03-2020, 10:36 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, sometime you should try living with people like you. It's enough to drive us normal people to self-harm.

Good to know some positives could come from all of this.

And there's the root of the issue, you wish us harm for revenge sake for something that didn't happen to you. EOS.
(06-03-2020, 10:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 10:36 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know some positives could come from all of this.

And there's the root of the issue, you wish us harm for revenge sake for something that didn't happen to you. EOS.

Wow, I didn't expect you to be so fragile! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings at all. Was just trying to match a sarcastic joke with one of my own.
(06-03-2020, 10:41 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 10:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]And there's the root of the issue, you wish us harm for revenge sake for something that didn't happen to you. EOS.

Wow, I didn't expect you to be so fragile! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings at all. Was just trying to match a sarcastic joke with one of my own.

It's not fragility to speak the truth, more people should start doing it. The burning, looting, rioting that you are endorsing is exactly what I stated.
(06-03-2020, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2020, 10:41 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I didn't expect you to be so fragile! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings at all. Was just trying to match a sarcastic joke with one of my own.

It's not fragility to speak the truth, more people should start doing it. The burning, looting, rioting that you are endorsing is exactly what I stated.

Haha you guys are so funny. Big talk about speaking the truth, and then following it up with an objectively false statement!

I have noticed that you guys are getting more and more sensitive about this issue. It must be alarming for you to see how the dialogue in America is slowly but surely shifting away from your point of view. Soon enough, your views will be only held by an increasingly small amount of loud and stubborn voices on the fringes of public discourse. Young people are making their voices heard in mass across the country, and the world.

I know that must be tough for you, but, jokes aside, self harm is never the right option. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7