Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can Trump Win?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Can Trump Win The Election?

Seems like a pretty good article.
I think he absolutely can win. The polls might be wrong. It's possible. For many reasons.
Absolutely. In fact, I'm expecting a win by Trump. I don't believe polls at all.
It would honestly be shocking if he didn't. Just look at the early voting numbers in swing states and the level of enthusiasm.
(10-22-2020, 01:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely. In fact, I'm expecting a win by Trump. I don't believe polls at all.

If you don't believe polls, what is your basis for believing he will win?
(10-22-2020, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It would honestly be shocking if he didn't. Just look at the early voting numbers in swing states and the level of enthusiasm.

Both sides could be enthusiastic and vote early.  
On its own that means nothing.
I mean, he's the sitting POTUS. He already won when no one thought he would or could. And he's The Donald. Who over the age of 40 ever saw this coming?

But yes, I think he can win. Will he? I guess we'll find out. From what I've read and seen over the last several months between conservative blacks on youtube and their black viewers as well as the #walkaway movement that is pulling people away from the democrat party from every racial group, the LGBTQ group, regular folks who have been democrats their whole lives, etc., I can see Trump winning.

When people see TRUMP as less divisive and toxic than the leftists.... That's saying something.
(10-22-2020, 01:58 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2020, 01:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely. In fact, I'm expecting a win by Trump. I don't believe polls at all.

If you don't believe polls, what is your basis for believing he will win?

Literally everyone I talk to in my area is voting for Trump. I also see Trump signs everywhere I go, which includes Ohio, southwestern Indiana and northern Kentucky. They outnumber Biden signs by at least 20-1. I'm expecting Trump to win Ohio and Indiana in a landslide. Like I said before, I don't care either way, since I believe we are doomed by both parties' candidates, but I'm just calling it as I see it. I think Biden may win the popular vote due to the masses of liberal people on both coasts, but I fully believe Trump wins the electoral college.
I don't believe the polls for a second wrt Florida. It's Trump everywhere. Also, the Cubans like him. I am going to have a hard time believing it was a legitimate election if there's too many shenanigans going on in swing states. We'll have to see. I know law firms are being contacted all over Florida to represent either side in the case of disputed election. Things are going to get ugly, I fear.
Of course it is possible for Trump to win. He will need to somehow overcome Biden's apparent lead in either PA., Wisconsin or Michigan and win all the remaining close states (Florida, Ohio, Ariz., etc.). The only way I see him doing this, however, is if Biden has a major blunder in tonight's debate. If that doesn't happen, Biden should win fairly handily. As unimpressive as Biden may be as a presidential candidate, he is much more popular than Clinton was in 2016. Trump has also had 4 years to alienate enough people who voted for him in 2016, especially senior voters and women. Trump could have easily won had he not handled the pandemic so badly and then exacerbated this blunder by the ridiculous things he has said about it. Attacking Fauci was also a big mistake since he is so highly regarded by the majority of people.
It's possible. I live in NC and I've seen several Trump supporters out and about. There are several people walking around here with vote Trump masks on. Sometimes you see whole families including little kids with them on as well. I've also seen a lot of Trump supporters at work. I work for the federal government/military and I've seen a lot of military people show/express support for Trump. It's more older people/veterans than younger people, but I've seen a couple of young people support him as well.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with this election, COVID has really hijacked stuff and how we would normally conduct campaign runs for a Presidential election. I wouldn't be surprised if either candidate won, to be honest.
(10-22-2020, 02:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it is possible for Trump to win. He will need to somehow overcome Biden's apparent lead in either PA., Wisconsin or Michigan and win all the remaining close states (Florida, Ohio, Ariz., etc.). The only way I see him doing this, however, is if Biden has a major blunder in tonight's debate. If that doesn't happen, Biden should win fairly handily. As unimpressive as Biden may be as a presidential candidate, he is much more popular than Clinton was in 2016. Trump has also had 4 years to alienate enough people who voted for him in 2016, especially senior voters and women. Trump could have easily won had he not handled the pandemic so badly and then exacerbated this blunder by the ridiculous things he has said about it. Attacking Fauci was also a big mistake since he is so highly regarded by the majority of people.

The leftist liberals have driven scores of people from the D party since 2016. I don't see those who won't vote again for Trump being in greater number than the democrats who have switched parties, or not, who will vote for him this time. Or maybe it will equal itself out. Who knows? But I don't see Biden winning in a fair election. The leftists have made themselves look like simpering fools with their meltdowns on social media, not to mention their support for riots that have destroyed the business infrastructure of Seattle and Portland.

Fauci is highly regarded by those whose narrative he serves.
(10-22-2020, 02:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2020, 02:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it is possible for Trump to win. He will need to somehow overcome Biden's apparent lead in either PA., Wisconsin or Michigan and win all the remaining close states (Florida, Ohio, Ariz., etc.). The only way I see him doing this, however, is if Biden has a major blunder in tonight's debate. If that doesn't happen, Biden should win fairly handily. As unimpressive as Biden may be as a presidential candidate, he is much more popular than Clinton was in 2016. Trump has also had 4 years to alienate enough people who voted for him in 2016, especially senior voters and women. Trump could have easily won had he not handled the pandemic so badly and then exacerbated this blunder by the ridiculous things he has said about it. Attacking Fauci was also a big mistake since he is so highly regarded by the majority of people.

The leftist liberals have driven scores of people from the D party since 2016. I don't see those who won't vote again for Trump being in greater number than the democrats who have switched parties, or not, who will vote for him this time. Or maybe it will equal itself out. Who knows? But I don't see Biden winning in a fair election. The leftists have made themselves look like simpering fools with their meltdowns on social media, not to mention their support for riots that have destroyed the business infrastructure of Seattle and Portland.

I get the feeling that a lot of the people that are strutting around where I live with vote for Trump masks are people that more anti extreme left than anything. I just get the feeling they are more anti extreme left than even Pro Trump. And a vote for him is defying the extreme left and some of the things/stuff they've done in a recent years. 

And I'm not a Trump Supporter, (I'm a democrat), but that's the feeling I'm getting from watching some of these people and their attitudes. I think many of them are upset with a lot of the stuff the extreme left has done and gotten away with. Including stuff like destroying cities and even heavily participating in stuff like cancel culture as well.
(10-22-2020, 02:53 PM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2020, 02:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The leftist liberals have driven scores of people from the D party since 2016. I don't see those who won't vote again for Trump being in greater number than the democrats who have switched parties, or not, who will vote for him this time. Or maybe it will equal itself out. Who knows? But I don't see Biden winning in a fair election. The leftists have made themselves look like simpering fools with their meltdowns on social media, not to mention their support for riots that have destroyed the business infrastructure of Seattle and Portland.

I get the feeling that a lot of the people that are strutting around where I live with vote for Trump masks are people that more anti extreme left than anything. I just get the feeling they are more anti extreme left than even Pro Trump. And a vote for him is defying the extreme left and some of the things/stuff they've done in a recent years. 

And I'm not a Trump Supporter, (I'm a democrat), but that's the feeling I'm getting from watching some of these people and their attitudes. I think many of them are upset with a lot of the stuff the extreme left has done and gotten away with. Including stuff like destroying cities and even heavily participating in stuff like cancel culture as well.

The RNC purports that some 30% of some rallies are registered dems.
(10-22-2020, 02:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

The health and safety of the American people? That's the narrative. Yeah, I do hold him in high regard. He's telling us the science of how to cut down the risk of getting Covid-19 and I appreciate that, because Trump is doing just the opposite.
(10-22-2020, 02:53 PM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2020, 02:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The leftist liberals have driven scores of people from the D party since 2016. I don't see those who won't vote again for Trump being in greater number than the democrats who have switched parties, or not, who will vote for him this time. Or maybe it will equal itself out. Who knows? But I don't see Biden winning in a fair election. The leftists have made themselves look like simpering fools with their meltdowns on social media, not to mention their support for riots that have destroyed the business infrastructure of Seattle and Portland.

This is a feeling I get as well from some of who I've listened to. They have to vote for Trump if they don't want Biden to win. Any viable candidate would work for them. Others though are seriously waking up to the fact that they have always voted D and nothing has changed. It's a toss up.
(10-22-2020, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

The health and safety of the American people? That's the narrative. Yeah, I do hold him in high regard. He's telling us the science of how to cut down the risk of getting Covid-19 and I appreciate that, because Trump is doing just the opposite.

Tony Fauchi has one job. Trump has the job off marrying his information with many other factors including people being able to maintain a livelihood.

With the hypocritical media, the politicization of the pandemic, Fauchi flip flopping more than a pancake, and our governments refusal to help people with another stimulus, my gut tells me most people are tired of Tony Fauchi.
(10-22-2020, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

I listened to him until he was having to backtrack on too much info he put out. Not all his fault since the science of Covid is not known, so there is that. But I don't trust him now because he just keeps talking. And to disagree with Fauci does not mean I am for Trump and how he handles anything. 

The biggest problem I've had with the handling of Covid is the media. I understand the public want and deserve answers, but this novel virus spread into a worldwide pandemic during an election year with a magnifying glass on every move made by the scientific community. And it's been politicized by the media, the democrats and the republicans. Virus discovery, analysis, and vaccines typically happen behind closed doors at the CDC and USAMRIID. Things we only vaguely hear about. Covid exploded and we're all collateral damage with the misinformation whether intended or not.
Trump takes ~15% of the minority vote and wins a landslide.
I go by first hand accounts that I've heard as well as what I see around me.  There was a guy at work that just came back from a trip to Ohio and Pennsylvania, and he was telling me that he saw way more Trump signs over there.  He also talked about mentioning to a cashier that he was from Florida, and people in line were praising our Governor.  Of course this was in the rural areas of those states, but it kind of gives an idea of what people outside of urban areas really think.

There is one guy at work who at first wasn't going to vote, but then voted for Biden because he fell for the "Trump won't denounce white supremacy" mis-information spread by the democrat controlled media and social media.  Of course, he learned of his mistake after casting his early ballot, but oh well...  Of the 30 or so people that I work with/around every day I think he is the only one that voted for Biden.

When I drive from home to my property in Melrose, Fl. I see Trump/Pence signs everywhere, and they are big signs, not they typical "real estate" size yard signs.  Again this is a rural area.

One thing to note, I don't see many bumper stickers for either candidate and the ones that I do lean more towards Trump.  My guess is that we have become so polarized that people are probably afraid to have their vehicle vandalized because of a bumper sticker no matter the candidate.

I agree with what TheO-LineMatters stated earlier.  Biden might win the popular vote, but I think Trump wins the Electoral College and in the end that's all that really matters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5