Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone fired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Marrone fired per Adam Schefter

Statement from Khan: "now the quest begins to find a head coach who shares my ambition for the Jaguars and our fans, whose loyalty and faith are overdue to be rewarded."

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1346096072964386818
(01-04-2021, 10:07 AM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone fired per Adam Shefter

Statement from Khan: "now the quest begins to find a head coach who shares my ambition for the Jaguars and our fans, whose loyalty and faith are overdue to be rewarded."

Bring Daboll or Bieniemy then!
He's out, ESPN just reported it
Marrone officially fired.
Our next coach is Post Marrone.
FIRED!!
This is the most important offseason in franchise history. Getting the right QB/coach/Gm combo could set this program up for a decade of success, at a time when we need it the most.
A victory following a defeat..
Can we steal Bienemy from the Falcons or Jets?

But I'm always skeptical of coordinators serving under a good football mind (Belicheck, Reid, Carroll)
To his credit he never complained, never quit, and never pushed back against some of the bad cards he was dealt. I hope he finds success somewhere else.
It's Official.

NH3...
I think a College gig would be perfect for him. Syracuse ought to re-hire him.
its about time the loser got fired ,he shouldn't of ever been hired as the HC.  Hopefuly jags bring in a winner as next GM ,and HC.  I think our next gm should be the guy from the ravans,they have had a lot of winning seasons under ozzie, and hortiz if i spelled it right would have expirence with helping to build winners.   *sings* nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey good bye goodbye
It was both expected and needed. Now, lets move forward. Hopefully, we can get one of the top candidates like Daboll, Bieniemy or Smith, but only after we hire a very good GM. God knows, we need both.
(01-04-2021, 10:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2021, 10:07 AM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone fired per Adam Shefter

Bring Daboll or Bieniemy then!

Have Ye Not heard of the speculations w/respect to Meyers?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(01-04-2021, 10:17 AM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]Can we steal Bienemy from the Falcons or Jets?

But I'm always skeptical of coordinators serving under a good football mind (Belicheck, Reid, Carroll)

Walsh produced guys like Seifert, & Holmgren.

Holmgren produced guys like Gruden and Mariucci...AND Andy Reid!

Going further back, Landry produced Ditka and Reeves. 

I can understand your concern about whether the assistants/coordinators are overrated by association with great coaching.  But sometimes great coaches are great in part because they pick great assistants.

Sometimes it pays off to take the assistant of a great coach.
(01-04-2021, 10:22 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2021, 10:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Bring Daboll or Bieniemy then!

Have Ye Not heard of the speculations w/respect to Meyers?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

We're trying our best to ignore them. Don't harsh our mellow, dude.
Say what you will, but Marrone is a good head coach. This year proved it to me. He kept the team together through a terrible year. He hated the losing, but he and the team never quit. He never had a QB, his GM couldn't retain his good players, and Coughlin incited issues in the locker room. He was set up to fail this year and he never passed blame, never whined or complained. He is knowledgeable and tough.

That said, it was time for a clean slate and a new era. It was the right move, but I expect Marrone to be successful elsewhere.
(01-04-2021, 10:20 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]its about time the loser got fired ,he shouldn't of ever been hired as the HC.  Hopefuly jags bring in a winner as next GM ,and HC.  I think our next gm should be the guy from the ravans,they have had a lot of winning seasons under ozzie, and hortiz if i spelled it right would have expirence with helping to build winners.   *sings* nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey good bye goodbye
Wolfie,

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(01-04-2021, 10:29 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Say what you will, but Marrone is a good head coach.  This year proved it to me.  He kept the team together through a terrible year.  He hated the losing, but he and the team never quit.  He never had a QB, his GM couldn't retain his good players, and Coughlin incited issues in the locker room.  He was set up to fail this year and he never passed blame, never whined or complained.  He is knowledgeable and tough.

That said, it was time for a clean slate and a new era.  It was the right move, but I expect Marrone to be successful elsewhere.

I would agree if he didn't refuse to get a new DC. Still, sure, there is some truth in what you posted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6