Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sunday is a "Must Lose" game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Today we are hearing from some Jaguar fans and media that this Sunday's game against the Ravens is a "must win" for the coach and team. Same thing we heard before yesterday's debacle against the Chargers. I take the opposite stand; this Sunday is a "must lose" game for the fans who want to see things turn around sooner rather than later. The Chargers' game clearly showed that Gus and his staff are in "way over their heads." The score could have been much worse and San Diego is a below average team. If the team somehow rallies around their coach and beats the Ravens, it will simply prolong the inevitable. It would allow Caldwell and Khan to justify keeping the staff at least until the end of the season. The dedicated fans deserve better than a coaching staff that made too many mistakes to be counted yesterday. EVERYBODY likes Gus and they should. He is almost impossible to not like, but that does not make him a capable NFL head coach. Even the biggest Jaguars apologist, Tony Boselli, just said that the team's body language was different when they fell behind yesterday. Shad Khan, a brilliant businessman, should have already fired Gus today and named Marrone interim head coach. I know, he's not Vince Lombardi or Bill Belichek, but he did have a winning season as head coach of a mediocre Buffalo team with Tyrod Taylor as quarterback. If he doesn't get the team on the right track this year, I really believe Caldwell can find a strong candidate who would love to come to a team with the talent that this team obviously have. So, since Dave and Shad did not do it today, another embarassing loss on Sunday might force their hand or nobody would show up for the remainder of home games. As a lifetime Jaguars season ticket holder, it pains me to say:

"Sunday is a "must lose" game.

Have fun rooting for your team to lose man. That's something I could never do.
Nah man, herman Edwards "you play to win the game"
I get the point but I still can't root for them to lose. 

Quote:Nah man, herman Edwards "you play to win the game"

Helloooo!?!?!??!
Remember Del Rio won that meaningless game against Indy to hand them the 1st pick and get Luck?
Just bleeping win.
BOB BOB BOB BOBBLEHEAD GUS!

Quote:Remember Del Rio won that meaningless game against Indy to hand them the 1st pick and get Luck?

And that set this franchise back how again?
Quote:Helloooo!?!?!??!

Lol, forgot that part
Quote:And that set this franchise back how again?

That remains to be seen.
There's a 76% chance you'll be happy, but wanting the team you love to lose week 3 indicates you are a terrible fan.
It's an indifferent game.  I'll watch as I always do.  But it's more like rubber necking a car crash on the highway....  

Gus is the problem.  We've identified it.  A smart manager would cut out the problem the moment it's been recognized.  

Quote:There's a 76% chance you'll be happy, but wanting the team you love to lose week 3 indicates you are a terrible fan.

Agreed.  But it's week 2 and I'm already resigned to the fact that if we keep Gus, the season is lost.  We just need to fire his (Bad Word Removed) now.  No need to keep him around once you've realized he's done.
Just for giggles..if we get the first overall pick, who do we select?
Quote:Just for giggles..if we get the first overall pick, who do we select?

Honestly, if we get the first overall pick, we probably need to pick a QB...  Again...
They wouldn't take him that high, but I would take Fournette. Dude is the next AP. 

Josh Rosen
Quote:I get the point but I still can't root for them to lose. 
You know, I'm hoping you're actually Tyler1, but you're just a fan right?
Quote:Honestly, if we get the first overall pick, we probably need to pick a QB... Again...

No way! Really? Fournett wouldn't help?

Or how about a LT or another defensive player.

I wouldn't go QB
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6