Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What player would you be excited to see us draft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Outside of the obvious choices like Lawrence or moehrig etc, is there someone you specifically have your eye on whether it be later rounds or early? For me its K Toney but im sure a lot of people like him.
(04-24-2021, 01:36 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Outside of the obvious choices like Lawrence or moehrig etc, is there someone you specifically have your eye on whether it be later rounds or early? For me its K Toney but im sure a lot of people like him.

Moehrig.. if it's in round 2 would excite me. Barrimore at 25 or a trade up for AVT, Darrishaw would be exciting. Brevan Jordan in the 3rd would be exciting.
Rondale Moore. Chazz surratt.
Jaelan Phillips
Elijah Moore, Barmore, Moehrig. Toney would be fun as well
Brady Christensen, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis, Deonte Brown all oline guys I like in the 3td or 4th
After hearing Urban talk about how critical it is to build through the draft and recent msm hype around this player it is almost impossible but my nomination would be pitts.
I don't think any player would excite me more than any other player, but if something really weird happens, and a premium player falls far enough that we can trade up to get him, that would probably excite me. There are maybe 5 or 6 players would would fit that description. But I don't think it's likely.
I would be excited to see a speedy "big play guy", like Rondale Moore, in the first few rounds.
If we could get one (or two!) of these in the 2nd, I'd be happy:

Sam Cosmi (OT); Liam Eichenberg (OT)
Travis Eitienne (RB) or Javonte Williams (RB)

Cosmi's got a little bit of that nasty Boselli attitude.
The following would excite me:

25: Kadarius Toney
33: Travis Etienne
45: Pat Friermuth

I know that would be sort of like eating a cheeseburger instead of the healthy salad I ought to be eating, but that combination of picks would excite me.
Pretty much the two areas I care the most about in this draft outside of QB are OT and pass rusher. With that said, I would realistically love to see the Jags draft either Liam Eichenberg, Spencer Brown, Zaven Collins or Elerson Smith. I don't think we'll get any of those guys though.

On the flip side, if we draft Alex Letherwood, Jackson Carman or Stone Forsythe to play OT, I'm probably punching a hole in the wall.
Anthony Schwartz
(04-24-2021, 09:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much the two areas I care the most about in this draft outside of QB are OT and pass rusher. With that said, I would realistically love to see the Jags draft either Liam Eichenberg, Spencer Brown, Zaven Collins or Elerson Smith. I don't think we'll get any of those guys though.

On the flip side, if we draft Alex Letherwood, Jackson Carman or Stone Forsythe to play OT, I'm probably punching a hole in the wall.

I like your first group a good deal.

As far as your second group is concerned, it would depend upon when they were taken.

For instance, Jackson Carman at 25 would be a disastrous pick.  But Jackson Carman below 65 would be okay.

I would not want to see Leatherwood before 45, and then only to play RT or slide him inside.

I am wholly unfamiliar with Forsyth or Smith.

I also like Marty's group of players that would excite me, but like him, I would also want a solid upgrade at one of the T position before then.

(04-24-2021, 05:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Brady Christensen, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis, Deonte Brown all oline guys I like in the 3td or 4th

I think Trey Smith only falls to the 4th due to concerns about blood clots.  I am intrigued by Christensen, though I suspect he'll be taken late 3rd.  The knee injury pushed Wyatt Davis down, but I don't see him lasting until the 4th.

All would represent great values by the 4th round, though.  If any or all are on the board at 106 and 130, I sure hope we would pick them.
(04-24-2021, 10:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2021, 09:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much the two areas I care the most about in this draft outside of QB are OT and pass rusher. With that said, I would realistically love to see the Jags draft either Liam Eichenberg, Spencer Brown, Zaven Collins or Elerson Smith. I don't think we'll get any of those guys though.

As far as your second group is concerned, it would depend upon when they were taken.

For instance, Jackson Carman at 25 would be a disastrous pick.  But Jackson Carman below 65 would be okay.

I would not want to see Leatherwood before 45, and then only to play RT or slide him inside.

I also like Marty's group of players that would excite me, but like him, I would also want a solid upgrade at one of the T position before then.

(04-24-2021, 05:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Brady Christensen, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis, Deonte Brown all oline guys I like in the 3td or 4th

I think Trey Smith only falls to the 4th due to concerns about blood clots.  I am intrigued by Christensen, though I suspect he'll be taken late 3rd.  The knee injury pushed Wyatt Davis down, but I don't see him lasting until the 4th.

All would represent great values by the 4th round, though.  If any or all are on the board at 106 and 130, I sure hope we would pick them.

If you like Christensen and you think he will be taken in the late 3rd then take him with our 3rd or trade back a few spots and take him with our 3rd lol.  I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them went in the 2nd but I'd be fine with any of them with our 3rd or 4th pick. If you want one and we just think they will be there with our 4th it's a high chance they will be gone.
(04-24-2021, 10:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

What guards and tackles do you think go in the 3rd?
(04-24-2021, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2021, 10:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I like your first group a good deal.

If you like Christensen and you think he will be taken in the late 3rd then take him with our 3rd or trade back a few spots and take him with our 3rd lol.  I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them went in the 2nd but I'd be fine with any of them with our 3rd or 4th pick.  If you want one and we just think they will be there with our 4th it's a high chance they will be gone.

What would not surprise me is to see the team trade down from either 25 or 33.  Not a lot, but enough to pick up a mid 3rd round pick or a 4th round pick that gets packaged in a move up to the mid to late 3rd round.   I could see Christensen being picked up that way if T is not addressed before then.  From a pure talent perspective Smith (the Smith out of Tennessee and not Trey Hill of Georgia) is easily a 2nd round talent.  In fact, depending on how the 25 and 33 go, I wouldn't object to Smith at 45.
(04-24-2021, 10:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2021, 10:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I like your first group a good deal.

What guards and tackles do you think go in the 3rd?

I could see Wyatt Davis go in the 3rd due to the knee, Ben Cleveland, and maybe Kendrick Green and Deonte Brown fits in at the bottom of the 3rd.  Tackles include Spencer Brown, though I get the sense he could go in the bottom of the 2nd.  Jalen Mayfield is a good 3rd round prospect.  Christensen, Little and Carman are also 3rd round candidates, though Little could fall into the 4th.  

What about you?
(04-24-2021, 10:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2021, 10:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What guards and tackles do you think go in the 3rd?

I could see Wyatt Davis go in the 3rd due to the knee, Ben Cleveland, and maybe Kendrick Green and Deonte Brown fits in at the bottom of the 3rd.  Tackles include Spencer Brown, though I get the sense he could go in the bottom of the 2nd.  Jalen Mayfield is a good 3rd round prospect.  Christensen, Little and Carman are also 3rd round candidates, though Little could fall into the 4th.  

What about you?

I think any of the ones mentioned could go from mid 2nd to to the 4th.  It just takes 1 team so if the 3rd rolls around and one is at the top of our board I would take them not risking one be there in the 4th.  Or trade up from our 4th to mid 3rd if one is sitting there and we haven't traded up yet.  We have ammo to get a guy we like. I hope we come away with less than 10 picks from moving up for someone we like. I have a hard time seeing 10 rookies making the roster
(04-24-2021, 10:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2021, 10:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I could see Wyatt Davis go in the 3rd due to the knee, Ben Cleveland, and maybe Kendrick Green and Deonte Brown fits in at the bottom of the 3rd.  Tackles include Spencer Brown, though I get the sense he could go in the bottom of the 2nd.  Jalen Mayfield is a good 3rd round prospect.  Christensen, Little and Carman are also 3rd round candidates, though Little could fall into the 4th.  

What about you?

I think any of the ones mentioned could go from mid 2nd to to the 4th.  It just takes 1 team so if the 3rd rolls around and one is at the top of our board I would take them not risking one be there in the 4th.  Or trade up from our 4th to mid 3rd if one is sitting there and we haven't traded up yet.  We have ammo to get a guy we like.  I hope we come away with less than 10 picks from moving up for someone we like.  I have a hard time seeing 10 rookies making the roster

I forgot to mention Quentin Meinerz.  Depending on where you list him (G or C), he could fit into your question as a G who could fall to the 3rd.  I agree with you regarding the total number of picks we have/use.  I would like to see us move up at least into the 3rd round, and/or trade a 4th or 5th round pick for a vet TE like Njoku if we can't land Friermuth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6