Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Draft re-do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Knowing now how the draft played out, what picks would you have made with our original picks?

1. Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
25. Teven Jenkins RT Oklahoma State
33. Liam Eichenberg LT Notre Dame
45. Terrace Marshall WR LSU
65. Hunter Long TE BC
106. Emerson Smith OLB Northern Iowa
130. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis 
145. Jamar Johnson FS Indiana
170. Jaylen Twyman DE/DT Pitt
249. Cole Banwart OG Iowa
I have a feeling you would have still found a way to complain.
1. Trevor Lawrence
25. Teven Jenkins
33. Elijah Moore
45. Samuel Cosmi
65. Joseph Ossai
106. Jabril Cox
130. Rashad Weaver
145. Jamar Johnson
170. Tay Gowan
249. Khyris Tonga
Welp, there's two sets of picks that far exceed Urbs and Cousin Baalke's picks. Meanwhile the cheerleaders around here have to act like they think they did a great job.
Lawrence is a no brainer. I love the Campbell and the Cisco picks. These guys are big time game changers.

Gotta wait and see how Little pans out, but he was a higher rated OT. He could be our steal of the draft.

ET - Robinson played good last year, he’s a homerun hitter. So now we have some fire power at the RB position.

Jordan Smith got dealt a bad hand but has since been clean since the credit card stuff. He’s got good size and could be fresh legs in the rotation.

Farrell - has low production but he catches the balls thrown to him and he’s the best blocking TE in the draft.

Ask 100 people and you’ll get 100 different boards. These are the guys the brass drafted so this is what we got.

The bottom line is we have a franchise changing QB. He makes the entire franchise better instantly. After a 1 win year, I’m ready to watch Trevor grow as a player and make this team a contender every year. Kid has a ton of pressure on him. He’s got my full support.
(05-01-2021, 11:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, there's two sets of picks that far exceed Urbs and Cousin Baalke's picks. Meanwhile the cheerleaders around here have to act like they think they did a great job.

Sorry Mrs Olinematters, some of us think they did a decent job..

Do we need to collect your shoelaces and make you eat with plastic sporks now too?
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
25. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
33. Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
45. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
65. Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
106. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
121. Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse
145. Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
209. Trey Smith, G, Tennessee

Ultimately, I think I'd still take Etienne because I wouldn't want to break up the duo of Lawrence/ETN. I'd pick Cosmi over Little, though I think Little has a higher ceiling I also think he's less of a risk. With Barmore, I don't think there's a need to take Tufele. And I'm assuming we make that trade with the Rams in this scenario still. Having a 6th rounder instead of a 7th is nice.
(05-01-2021, 11:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 11:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, there's two sets of picks that far exceed Urbs and Cousin Baalke's picks. Meanwhile the cheerleaders around here have to act like they think they did a great job.

Sorry Mrs Olinematters, some of us think they did a decent job..

Do we need to collect your shoelaces and make you eat with plastic sporks now too?

I second this. I think they did a great job. I read an article saying Urban did an excellent job by not picking for need just for the sake of picking positional players ranked high on the internet. It went on to say hours upon hours went into scouting and we got the most out of a weak draft class.

I also read tweet after tweet of guys praising our picks. We really collected some talent in these past 2 days.

I’m stoked.
(05-01-2021, 11:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 11:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Mrs Olinematters, some of us think they did a decent job..

I second this. I think they did a great job. I read an article saying Urban did an excellent job by not picking for need just for the sake of picking positional players ranked high on the internet. It went on to say hours upon hours went into scouting and we got the most out of a weak draft class.

I also read tweet after tweet of guys praising our picks. We really collected some talent in these past 2 days.

I’m stoked.

This thread is gonna be epic.. It should be named, The 3 Stooges Whine Thread..
(05-01-2021, 11:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 11:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Mrs Olinematters, some of us think they did a decent job..

I’m stoked.

Yeah, I mean, they are probably the first team ever to do that!  Laughing

We could also find articles that praised Gene Smith and Caldwell so...
Yup. I’m over here just smiling ear to ear bc Professional Football Coaches and professional scouts picked guys that wasn’t on my next door neighbors board.

-The next day my neighbor wakes up and goes fishing. And Monday he goes back to work as a construction worker talking about how much the Jags are gonna suck because we didn’t pick the highest rated players on the internet.

(05-01-2021, 11:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 11:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I second this. I think they did a great job. I read an article saying Urban did an excellent job by not picking for need just for the sake of picking positional players ranked high on the internet. It went on to say hours upon hours went into scouting and we got the most out of a weak draft class.

I’m stoked.

Yeah, I mean, they are probably the first team ever to do that!  Laughing

We could also find articles that praised Gene Smith and Caldwell so...
(05-01-2021, 11:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 11:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I second this. I think they did a great job. I read an article saying Urban did an excellent job by not picking for need just for the sake of picking positional players ranked high on the internet. It went on to say hours upon hours went into scouting and we got the most out of a weak draft class.

I’m stoked.

This thread is gonna be epic.. It should be named, The 3 Stooges Whine Thread..

You poor people. Stockholm Syndrome is real ya'll.
While some of the picks we made I found a little perplexing, I am no armchair GM. It'll be nice to see this thread in about 8 months and see how these players listed did as rookies. Smile
Chad Rueter of NFL.com released his final draft grades..

He gave the Jags a final grade of A-
(05-02-2021, 12:09 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Chad Rueter of NFL.com released his final draft grades..

He gave the Jags a final grade of A-

Not bad. I also seen where someone gave us a B+
(05-01-2021, 11:26 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
25. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
33. Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
45. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
65. Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
106. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
121. Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse
145. Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
209. Trey Smith, G, Tennessee

Ultimately, I think I'd still take Etienne because I wouldn't want to break up the duo of Lawrence/ETN.  I'd pick Cosmi over Little, though I think Little has a higher ceiling I also think he's less of a risk.  With Barmore, I don't think there's a need to take Tufele.  And I'm assuming we make that trade with the Rams in this scenario still.  Having a 6th rounder instead of a 7th is nice.

The Lions ended up taking CB Ifeatu Melifonwu with pick # 101, which was the 3rd Round pick in the 2021 Draft as part of the Matthew Stafford trade with the LA Rams.

I'm definitely surprised that Christian Barmore and Jabril Cox lasted as long as they did.
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
25. Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
33. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
45. Pat Freiermuth, TE, PSU
65. Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas
106. Jabril Cox, LB LSU
130. Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis 
145. Daviyon Nixon, DL, Iowa 
170. Trey Smith, OG, Tenn 
249. Jermar Jefferson, RB, Oregon State
1. QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
25. OL Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
33. S Trevon Moehrig, TCU
45. CB Asante Samuel Jr, Florida State
65. WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina
106. EDGE Chris Rumph, Duke
130. S Jamar Johnson, Indiana
145. RB Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis
170. DT Jaylen Twyman, Pittsburgh
249. TE Kenny Yeboah, Ole Miss
I think one important thing to remember with all our opinions and what we thinks right or wrong is we are not in the interview rooms/zoom calls, when a team is trying to build the right culture it is vital to hit that part early.

A selection such as barmore where I’ve seen many analysts say he can be lazy and flashes when he decides to flash, so the pats who already hve that culture can bring that type of player in and hope the players around him can influence him, however we don’t have that culture yet so bringing those concerns to the building is a huge risk!

Most companies have turned people away in job interviews who could have been perfect for the job but interviews poorly. Very important factor which can change a draft board
(05-01-2021, 11:08 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]1. Trevor Lawrence
25. Teven Jenkins
33. Elijah Moore
45. Samuel Cosmi
65. Joseph Ossai
106. Jabril Cox
130. Rashad Weaver
145. Jamar Johnson
170. Tay Gowan
249. Khyris Tonga

I like that a lot.  Although, I'm in the camp that really likes that we got Etienne.  But your first 6 picks are fire!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7