Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Record predicitons post preseason?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It really is hard to gauge this team.  It is an inexperienced Coaching staff combined with a mix bag in the front office.  Looking at the consistent things might be the best way to gauge it.

-Run Defense Looks Stout. 

-Lawrence has big playmaking ability. This offensive line is a huge question mark on how well they can protect him. The running game has to be successful to protect this young QB.   I like the short passing game while occasionally going deep to make the big play.  Lawrence has shown he has that big arm for deep passes.  Nice zip on short ones!

-James Robinson looks faster

-Shenault will be utilized more due to the ETN injury.  I like the short passes and allowing him to use his natural ability to gain yards

-Secondary maybe a liability.  Hopefully Tyson Campbell improves his ability to locate the ball in the air.  He was there to make those embarrassing TD plays but just couldn't find the ball.

-Should be a massive improvement from last year

Looking at the Schedule:  schedule  

There are many teams that are mediocre in our situation.  Texans, Bengals, Patriots, Cardinals, broncos, Falcons, Jets.  While some of those teams easily have more talent they have struggled lately.  I am going to be extremely optimistic with my prediction here.  Despite Urban being new while this team is very young I think this team will be better than most think.  My Final Record Prediction:

8-9
2-15 probably, this team is still at least a year away and I am not convinced the offense will be any good. The closest thing Trevor saw to a competent defense in preseason(NO) he looked pretty pedestrian. I do not expect a 25+ TD season from him and the defense still has a lot of ? marks. I think if Trevor does well, he may be worth a few more wins. I'd say the ceiling is 5-12 if I were being realistic.
5-12
I'm too drunk in the wine of victory to honestly answer this question at this time.
6-11
5-12 feels about right. With the Texans being so bad, I would be surprised if we were last in the division. I would be very happy if we did better than 5-12 considering where we started.
10-7
My heart says 8 wins.

My brain says 5 wins.
Hard for me to see more than 7 wins with all the lingering question marks.
Between 7 and 10 wins
I'm sticking with my original prediction of 5-6 wins. I'm fine with that as long as I see improvement along the way.
Somewhere between 0 and 17 wins.
I started out thinking 7 wins, then we played the first 2 preseason games, and I thought, maybe 0, but after the Cowboys game, I'm thinking maybe 5 to 7 wins.

A lot can go wrong, and usually does. A young team, not great depth, coming off a 1-15 season... In that situation, things can go horribly wrong. It's so hard to predict. I do think that on paper we are much better than last year, but that's not a high bar to clear.
5 is probably realistic. I'm less concerned about the W-L though than I am the development. If we see 7, I think we should be ecstatic.

I'd like to see TLaw engineer at least one late drive to steal a win, the D not wilt late, things like that. As long as we are competitive, the season will be a success.
(08-30-2021, 08:55 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere between 0 and 17 wins.

Easy now, let's not go overboard..
I am thinking that this team will play well enough that folks will be disappointed if we only get 7 wins. Its tough to win these games especially with a rookie QB and new coaching staff... 8 seems like a good number
I look for them to be similar to the Bengals of last year.  In a lot of games but lose in the 4th quarter.  Maybe win 5 or 6 games but with the arrow pointing upward finally.

(08-30-2021, 08:55 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere between 0 and 17 wins.

Ok, so you have officially ruled out going 0-17 and 17-0 so that narrows it down.
I am thinking we go 9-8 and compete for a wild card spot.
4-13
Between 5 and 9 wins I think, there's just a bunch of unknowns.
Pages: 1 2 3 4