Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 1. Jags vs Texans talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
How do y'all think this game goes?
Jags aren't very good but the Texans are terrible. If the o line can keep trevor clean we should be able to win this one. Every game in the first moments is very winnable so it would be nice for the team to gwt some confidence and momentum out of the gate.
Week 1, the most unpredictable week in the league! Very fun week to watch games. Chris Conley cooks us for 215 yards, but Lambo hits the game winner from 32 yards out in route to a 33-31 victory.
I'm hoping the texans have fully replaced us as the worst team in the league and it shows up on the field.
(09-03-2021, 10:18 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping the texans have fully replaced us as the worst team in the league and it shows up on the field.

And then pick a QB with their 1st first round pick in a while and that QB bust

Hopefully CJ can lock down Cooks

When you look at position vs position I think we are superior in every position group

I'm gonna put 200$ on the Jags
If the Jags don't beat the Texans by 2+ TDs, it's going to be a long season for the Jags.

The Texans are THAT bad.
Neither team scores more than 15 points. Jags play sloppy with 4 TO's and tons of penalities, give up 5 FG's, and lose 15 -13.
Sucks we have to wait another week... sigh
If Deshaun Watson is still the starting Texans QB, anything is possible. Hard to say who wins, looks like we are a 3 pt favorite on the road. I'd say the game stays pretty close. I'll take the under too, these teams shouldn't score much. I expect a low scoring punt fest, especially if Watson sits.

I wonder just how bad this Texans team will be, on paper everything looks like it's gonna be hell for them this year. If they lose Watson, the Texans roster is seemingly a talent-less void. BoB completely trashed that team's roster on his way out.
if we don't win it will say a lot about Meyer.
i think it goes as planned, Defense shows up, the Pass Rush is decent, we get 3 sacks and 1 Turnover.

Offense shows up finally with some consisant QB play and Trevor and company put up 4 TDs and 1 Turnover.

jags win 37-13
(09-03-2021, 11:11 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]If Deshaun Watson is still the starting Texans QB, anything is possible. Hard to say who wins, looks like we are a 3 pt favorite on the road. I'd say the game stays pretty close. I'll take the under too, these teams shouldn't score much. I expect a low scoring punt fest, especially if Watson sits.

I wonder just how bad this Texans team will be, on paper everything looks like it's gonna be hell for them this year. If they lose Watson, the Texans roster is seemingly a talent-less void. BoB completely trashed that team's roster on his way out.

This is true, but remember this a game 1 and these guys have pride. If there is any time for them to come out and want to show up everyone who is counting them out, including all of their own fans, it is in the 1st game against another young team with a head coach and QB in their first games.

Jags basically did the same thing to the Colts last year, when Indy had more experience at QB and HC and a deeper team than the 21 Jags.

(09-03-2021, 11:15 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]if we don't win it will say a lot about Meyer.

I says some about Meyer in who he puts his trust in and how he builds a staff. Though I think game results will probably says more about our Coordinators.
(09-03-2021, 11:15 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]if we don't win it will say a lot about Meyer.

I think we win but even if we lose a close one it's Meyers first game and our rookie QB first game on the road lol. It's a 2.5 point spread
I’ll be there! It’ll be my first NFL game since Week one of the 2019 preseason ( Jaguars @ Ravens), my first regular season game since week 17 of the 2017 season (Bengals @ Ravens) and my first regular season Jaguars game since week 10 of the 2015 season (Jaguars @ Ravens). If we arrive in Houston on time Saturday afternoon, I also plan to go the the Astros game Saturday night. I’m pretty excited!
If we only win 1 of the first 2 I'd rather win week 2 at home because I'll be there lol. That said I hope we win both
I think this game goes like Week 1 2017 went, just Shock and Awe. The Jags looked "bad" in preseason by not revealing a lot of their actual offense and were missing Oline starters and DJ Chark. not to mention Josh Allen (our ONLY real pass rush threat imho).

If Deshaun Watson doesn't play it could get out of hand fast. Run the ball, stop the run, set up play action and get a few chunk plays or deep TD strikes. If we can play with a lead and attack I think we could win by multiple TD's.
(09-03-2021, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

I think we win but even if we lose a close one it's Meyers first game and our rookie QB first game on the road lol. It's a 2.5 point spread
The Texans are atrocious.

There will be no excuses if they lose week 1 to them.
(09-03-2021, 12:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I think we win but even if we lose a close one it's Meyers first game and our rookie QB first game on the road lol. It's a 2.5 point spread
The Texans are atrocious.

I guess you havent watched this league enough to know that any given Sunday, not to mention they haven't even played a game and it's a rookie QB and rookie head coach's first game and it's on the road.  There is never any excuses regardless, we won the first and only game last year against a playoff team.  Did you the the Jets would beat the Rams last year?  I guess the Rams were horrible last year.  It's a 2.5 point spread, if it were such a miss match the spread would be much larger.  The strength of their team is the run game so hopefully we can stop the run
(09-03-2021, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 12:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]The Texans are atrocious.

I guess you havent watched this league enough to know that any given Sunday, not to mention they haven't even played a game and it's a rookie QB and rookie head coach's first game and it's on the road.  There is never any excuses regardless, we won the first and only game last year against a playoff team.  Did you the the Jets would beat the Rams last year?  I guess the Rams were horrible last year.  It's a 2.5 point spread, if it were such a miss match the spread would be much larger.  The strength of their team is the run game so hopefully we can stop the run
The strength of their team is the run game because they have Cooks and no one else to catch passes from Davis Mills or Tyrod Taylor. Like I said, they're atrocious and the Jags should easily handle them. The Texans don't have a single player that worries me outside of Cooks and they don't have a QB that can give him the ball. Ingram and DJ are old and washed. Their Oline is bad. Lindsay is decent but again, no Oline. They have a really bad defense as well.

You predicted 10-7... No? There is no chance this team can be 10-7 if they don't sweep the Texans. And they should sweep them handily.

Obviously "any given sunday" but this should be their easiest win of the year (cue up you saying no win is easy).
(09-03-2021, 01:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you havent watched this league enough to know that any given Sunday, not to mention they haven't even played a game and it's a rookie QB and rookie head coach's first game and it's on the road.  There is never any excuses regardless, we won the first and only game last year against a playoff team.  Did you the the Jets would beat the Rams last year?  I guess the Rams were horrible last year.  It's a 2.5 point spread, if it were such a miss match the spread would be much larger.  The strength of their team is the run game so hopefully we can stop the run
The strength of their team is the run game because they have Cooks and no one else to catch passes from Davis Mills or Tyrod Taylor. Like I said, they're atrocious and the Jags should easily handle them. The Texans don't have a single player that worries me outside of Cooks and they don't have a QB that can give him the ball. Ingram and DJ are old and washed. Their Oline is bad. Lindsay is decent but again, no Oline. They have a really bad defense as well.

You predicted 10-7... No? There is no chance this team can be 10-7 if they don't sweep the Texans. And they should sweep them handily.

Obviously "any given sunday" but this should be their easiest win of the year (cue up you saying no win is easy).

Ingram averaged over 4 ypc last year and the year before 5 ypc, that's not washed up lol, health is his only question.  They have 4 good backs and Lindsey is a damn good back.  The only question with their backs is health, if they are heathy they have a good damn good RB group.  Their online is decent as well .  Their defense will depend on health as well.  QB is their biggest concern.  Once again we have a rookie QB, rookie coach and their first game is on the road so it could take a couple games to get going, hopefully they click right out the gate but we will see.  Even if we lose week 1 I think we win week 2 at home but hopefully we win both, we have to win at home. If we should win so easily why is it only a 2.5 spread?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10