Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chaisson Downgraded...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://www.jaguars.com/news/roster-move...-downgrade

Chaisson is an Healthy Scratch. Is it time to move on w/respect to his performances or the lack of? I've never been a fan because the on field performances just hasn't been visible. 

It's evident that the coaching staff has Many, many questions pertaining to him. He didn't travel w/the team to Philly so what does this mean?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
He has an Ankle injury.
I saw Chaisson was out with an ankle injury. Where do you see a healthy scratch?
It’s time to move on if this is the case.
(10-01-2022, 05:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]He has an Ankle injury.

This Roster Moves article never mentioned an ankle injury for Chaisson so if that is true, I wasn't aware of it. NEVERTHELESS, is it time to move on?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-01-2022, 05:32 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 05:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]He has an Ankle injury.

This Roster Moves article never mentioned an ankle injury for Chaisson so if that is true, I wasn't aware of it. NEVERTHELESS, is it time to move on?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yesterday's injury report (below) had 4 people on it and he was one of them. Today two of those 4 were downgraded to out, one being Chaisson.

As far as moving on from him, there's no reason to this season. Depth is pretty weak at OLB after Allen and Walker. Him being the 3rd man up there proves it. He's still only 23 years old despite this being his 3rd year in the league. He gets a chance at making the roster next year (training camp etc.), but he certainly doesn't stop you from looking to upgrade/add depth in FA and/or the Draft at OLB.
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...9957456898
(10-01-2022, 05:09 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.jaguars.com/news/roster-move...-downgrade

Chaisson is an Healthy Scratch. Is it time to move on w/respect to his performances or the lack of? I've never been a fan because the on field performances just hasn't been visible. 

It's evident that the coaching staff has Many, many questions pertaining to him. He didn't travel w/the team to Philly so what does this mean?

Time Will Tell.

NH3..
Move on from him 3 games into the season?  No, we need him for depth.
I do not recall seeing him play this season. Invisible as usual I guess.
(10-01-2022, 06:09 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I do not recall seeing him play this season. Invisible as usual I guess.

Most of his playing time has come on Special Teams.

Pro Football Reference has him logged as follows.

week 1 - 9 Def snaps (12%) 17 ST snaps (71%)
week 2 - 15 Def (30%) 16 ST (80%)
week 3 - 4 Def (7%) 12 ST (50%)
Depth is weak for sure. Not really familiar with anybody on the depthchart.

He's not expensive to keep on the roster this year and next year. Maybe he'll make some plays down the road.

You never know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
What do yall want him to do as depth? We have been healthy all year. Im not saying he is worth investing in but we have probably been the healthiest team this year. Half this board wanted Trevor and Cam and Taylor gone at some point. Let's just let it play out.
He's been on the field creating pressurs quite a few impact plays, like lloyds Int last week. And i believe he was on the field on the FF as well.
(10-01-2022, 06:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 06:09 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I do not recall seeing him play this season. Invisible as usual I guess.

Most of his playing time has come on Special Teams.

Pro Football Reference has him logged as follows.

week 1 - 9 Def snaps (12%) 17 ST snaps (71%)
week 2 - 15 Def (30%) 16 ST (80%)
week 3 - 4 Def (7%) 12 ST (50%)

That large drop in ST percentage makes me think he hurt is ankle during the game.
(10-01-2022, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 05:09 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.jaguars.com/news/roster-move...-downgrade

Time Will Tell.

NH3..
Move on from him 3 games into the season?  No, we need him for depth.

LMAO... What about the previous two seasons? What about him NOT showing up on the stat sheet(s)? As My Eyes see it, this previous First Round NFL Draft Pick hasn't lived up to his draft status, at all. I've said this Many of times before and I'll say it again. "He's Too Soft". He doesn't make his presence known on the field of play, he's just there. Our new coaching staff wants IMPACT Players and that's Not his forte. Not At All. Not Today, Not Tomorrow and Next Week isn't looking good either.

Him being Downgraded and another player on the practice squad being Upgraded let's it be known. If his only issue was an ankle injury, why was he removed from the 53 Man Roster? The coaching staff would've simply subbed Shaq in his place untill his ankle healed. Isn't that what other teams do? If you're Productive and gets an ankle injury You Do Not get Downgraded. IJS. Will he return to the 53?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-02-2022, 08:02 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Move on from him 3 games into the season?  No, we need him for depth.

LMAO... What about the previous two seasons? What about him NOT showing up on the stat sheet(s)? As My Eyes see it, this previous First Round NFL Draft Pick hasn't lived up to his draft status, at all. I've said this Many of times before and I'll say it again. "He's Too Soft". He doesn't make his presence known on the field of play, he's just there. Our new coaching staff wants IMPACT Players and that's Not his forte. Not At All. Not Today, Not Tomorrow and Next Week isn't looking good either.

Him being Downgraded and another player on the practice squad being Upgraded let's it be known. If his only issue was an ankle injury, why was he removed from the 53 Man Roster? The coaching staff would've simply subbed Shaq in his place untill his ankle healed. Isn't that what other teams do? If you're Productive and gets an ankle injury You Do Not get Downgraded. IJS. Will he return to the 53?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

All 53 don't dress every week, some players are made inactive, usually when injured but not always. Snoop Connor has been a healthy inactive every week so far as has Cole Van Lanen. So you're wrong, they do get downgraded to inactive but he didn't get cut or moved to the practice squad.
(10-02-2022, 08:02 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Move on from him 3 games into the season?  No, we need him for depth.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

You are very uninformed.  His injury status got downgraded from questionable to out, the same as Zay Jones.  Chaisson is still on the 53 man roster.  The practice squad rules effective with COVID allows a team to bring up 2 players each week without it counting against their 53 man roster.  Basically, if a player is injured, you could use one of the players from your 53 man roster that otherwise would be a healthy scratch or you can pull from the practice squad.  None of the healthy inactives in week 1-3 played his position.  As such, a player was obviously elevated from the practice squad.  This has ZERO reflection on Chaisson.  They would have done the same thing if Walker or Allen were injured.
Somebody delete this thread.... I mean seriously
Well, i guess the upside about him is that he always takes up a blocker. The downside is that he never gets past said blocker to the QB. He is the definition of human velcro at this point.
(10-02-2022, 06:42 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 08:02 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]LMAO... What about the previous two seasons? What about him NOT showing up on the stat sheet(s)? As My Eyes see it, this previous First Round NFL Draft Pick hasn't lived up to his draft status, at all. I've said this Many of times before and I'll say it again. "He's Too Soft". He doesn't make his presence known on the field of play, he's just there. Our new coaching staff wants IMPACT Players and that's Not his forte. Not At All. Not Today, Not Tomorrow and Next Week isn't looking good either.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

You are very uninformed.  His injury status got downgraded from questionable to out, the same as Zay Jones.  Chaisson is still on the 53 man roster.  The practice squad rules effective with COVID allows a team to bring up 2 players each week without it counting against their 53 man roster.  Basically, if a player is injured, you could use one of the players from your 53 man roster that otherwise would be a healthy scratch or you can pull from the practice squad.  None of the healthy inactives in week 1-3 played his position.  As such, a player was obviously elevated from the practice squad.  This has ZERO reflection on Chaisson.  They would have done the same thing if Walker or Allen were injured.

I must be uninformed. Williams and Summers were activated to the 53 while two were downgraded. I was under the impression that the COVID rules expired last season just like the seat relocations and having to wear masks within all NFL stadiums. If this is the case then Yes, I'm uninformed. I will check on that scenario. 

W/that being said/acknowledged, my true reasoning for this post is to point out that Chaisson Is Invisible as others have acknowledged. Do we need to Move On? I said the exact same thing about Myles Jack and we moved on. Whether we do or don't.

Update Allert: COVID rules no longer exists. We're back to personal opinions.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree...ion-period

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(10-03-2022, 06:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 06:42 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]You are very uninformed.  His injury status got downgraded from questionable to out, the same as Zay Jones.  Chaisson is still on the 53 man roster.  The practice squad rules effective with COVID allows a team to bring up 2 players each week without it counting against their 53 man roster.  Basically, if a player is injured, you could use one of the players from your 53 man roster that otherwise would be a healthy scratch or you can pull from the practice squad.  None of the healthy inactives in week 1-3 played his position.  As such, a player was obviously elevated from the practice squad.  This has ZERO reflection on Chaisson.  They would have done the same thing if Walker or Allen were injured.

I must be uninformed. Williams and Summers were activated to the 53 while two were downgraded. I was under the impression that the COVID rules expired last season just like the seat relocations and having to wear masks within all NFL stadiums. If this is the case then Yes, I'm uninformed. I will check on that scenario. 

W/that being said/acknowledged, my true reasoning for this post is to point out that Chaisson Is Invisible as others have acknowledged. Do we need to Move On? I said the exact same thing about Myles Jack and we moved on. Whether we do or don't.

Update Allert: COVID rules no longer exists. We're back to personal opinions.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree...ion-period

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

None of the inactive players yesterday are off the 53 man roster. Not Chaisson, not Zay, not CVL, or anyone else. There's no downgrading them from the roster: they're either active, inactive, or cut/waived. Downgrading is about injury not roster and then they are either No injury, Probable, Questionable, Doubtful, or Out based on likelihood to play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5