Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 6: Jax vs Indy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think we have a better chance to win this game than we did against Hou.  Taylor will likely be back and if we have no Fatukasi we might be in trouble.  On top of Trevor's play as of late, we could get in a deep hole.  Hopefully The coaches can come up with a offensive game plan to help Trevor, I think teams are going to stat playing a lot of Cover 2 because Trevor can't make the accurate down field passes to hit the WR in between the corner and safety.  Hopefully Trevor can be more accurate next week
I'm back to no faith
Taylor back. Colts get their revenge this week. Lawrence sinks further into the well of self-doubt.
Jags by 13.
No faith whatsoever. Colts have to be smarting from their humiliating loss in week 2, and we traditionally struggle in Indy. We’re cooked. Colts by 18
Time to look forward.

Feels weird playing a team again so soon. I'm sure both sets of coaches will be using Week 2 to scheme and gameplan for. 

We did a great job stopping the run and the pass rush got to Ryan all day. Gus's cover 2 got taken apart and we looked comfortable. I'd love for it to be a repeat of week 2 but I dont think it will but the Colts have been poor so far. They've had some extra days to prepare playing on the Thursday.

The main thing I want to see from us is a reaction. The team to show some fight, much better execution and cutting the penalties and mistakes. 

3-3 looks a hell of a lot better than 2-4
One thing we know for certain, Gus doesn't change what he does. We'll see the same Defense that we seen a couple weeks ago. The same plays will be there to make. Control the ball and keep Jonathan Taylor on the sideline.
Colts will not be shut out again. Still winnable though. Simple formula: Stop the run. Every thing else will fall in place. Matt Ryan is no longer a threat.

Need to see week 3 Trevor come back.
Not feeling confident. This team needs to feel like they're fighting for their lives or else they have no chance of winning. And still at that, they shouldn't be favored to win any more games.
I am skipping this game on Sunday. Will be laying low this week around here. Toxic enough already.

However. My prediction is this. If they win? It will be by 3 in a perfect game by Lawrence. If they lose? It will be by 30 and it will be because of 3 blatant mistakes in the game by Lawrence.

When it rains it pours with Trevor. He only throws bullets. He plays reckless with his deep throws. He's Sunshine Brett Favre.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
After this game vs Houston, I'm really worried about the offense. (Passing offense)
They'll be out to avenge their earlier defeat. The Jags have fallen back to irrelevance and off the map, maybe that's what they want? Not much to hang our hat on.. even in a low scoring game we can't win. We scored 6 points at home against Houston.... that is a team-wide issue.
This season has been so weird for me. Going into the Commanders game I was confident, we lost. Going into the indy game I had no confidence, we won, going into the Chargers game I had very little confidence, and we won. Going into the Philly game I had confidence, we lost, and going into houston game I a ton of confidence and we lost.

That being said, as of right now I have 0 confidence. Hopefully the trend continues.
Comments after the game give me nothing to hang my hat on. Just a coach and QB who are in loser denial.
(10-09-2022, 09:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back to no faith

Same
I got the Colts winning this week, and it’s probably gonna get out of hand.

This is a must win game
(10-09-2022, 11:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I am skipping this game on Sunday. Will be laying low this week around here. Toxic enough already.

However. My prediction is this. If they win? It will be by 3 in a perfect game by Lawrence. If they lose? It will be by 30 and it will be because of 3 blatant mistakes in the game by Lawrence.

When it rains it pours with Trevor. He only throws bullets. He plays reckless with his deep throws. He's Sunshine Brett Favre.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think you're on to something here.  What I'm wondering tho is, is he Brett Favre who can read defenses but just thinks he can get the throw in anyway, or is he Brett Favre who is fooled by defenses and guns it to the wrong place?  Seems like the 1st, but I don't know all the complications of the play calling.
Meh - it's the colts and a Gus Bradley defense.

Great opportunity to bounce back. We saw plenty of opponents rip up the Bradley/Wash defensive schemes multiple times with very little adjustment from Gus.

I doubt he somehow shows up with a miracle gameplan for the Jags.
Jags should just do what they did before but throw in a few wrinkles from the same offensive looks that aren't on tape yet.

Defensively, they have to stop Taylor, and that will be tough without a healthy Fatukasi.

This matchup will be tighter on the scoreboard than the last one, but it's the Jags' game to lose.
Jags defense should feast again..
Colts OL is horrible and our DL isn't. Taylor has a bad ankle and Toe from the beating he got against TN. We need to make Indy 0-2 against us
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7