Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Deadline Hypotheticals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just thought about throwing out some ideas, if you could execute a trade before the deadline what would you do? 

For me, the pass rush can instantly be improved and trickle down to give the secondary some help with this trade:

Jags send: 
Smoot 
2023 second round pick 
2023 fourth round pick 
2024 third round pick 

Panthers receive and send:
Brian Hall
2023 fifth round pick 

OR

Jags send: 
James Robinson; we seem to be all in on Etienne

Jets, Broncos or other RB needy team I may be missing send: 
2023 third round pick 
2024 third round pick 

Obviously the likelihood of this or other trades are nil but always fun to wonder what if. Also I am not familiar with draft pick value point systems, etc so please don’t take me to the task for unrealistic pick compensation; just suggest/ correct with your own!
Adding, take a flyer on Elijah Moore who wants out

Jags send:
2023 4th round pick

Jets send:
Elijah Moore
2023 7th round pick
(10-24-2022, 11:00 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Adding, take a flyer on Elijah Moore who wants out

Jags send:
2023 4th round pick

Jets send:
Elijah Moore
2023 7th round pick

I like this one better
(10-24-2022, 11:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 11:00 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Adding, take a flyer on Elijah Moore who wants out

Jags send:
2023 4th round pick

Jets send:
Elijah Moore
2023 7th round pick

I like this one better

Wasn't he picked at the top of the 2nd just a year ago? I don't think a 4th is even close.
(10-24-2022, 11:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 11:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I like this one better

Wasn't he picked at the top of the 2nd just a year ago? I don't think a 4th is even close.

Sometimes you dump players. Jags do it all the time. Calais for pennies when he was/is still good. CJ very shortly after being a first was traded for a 4th iirc. There were more but I'm already depressed from yesterday. Really.thought til the end we were gonna win. Still kinda hungover. Blegh.

At least we are talking about trading for players though. We really are so close to being a good team I think
What is happening with James Robinson? why did he barely play? I couldn't watch the game
(10-24-2022, 11:42 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]What is happening with James Robinson? why did he barely play? I couldn't watch the game

Not sure. Speculation is he aggravated his prior injury during the game and Pederson played cautiously with it. Who knows
Etienne takes hard hits in every game.

Any trade scenario involving Robinson right now is unwise unless you're good finishing the year with Hasty/Connor when ETN finally doesn't jump back up from one of those clobberings.
If we’d had won yesterday I think a trade for some immediate help might make sense. At this point I think you see how this weekend’s games go first before trading for someone or trading away guys that aren’t in your future plans for picks. Have to wonder about JRob being a potential trade piece given yesterday’s usage.
(10-24-2022, 11:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]

Jags send:
2023 4th round pick

Jets send:
Elijah Moore
2023 7th round pick

I like this one better

Ditto.
I don't want them trading anything away at all at 2 - 5 draft picks wise. Keep moving with what you have on the roster, start churning the waiver wire more and scalping from other team's practice squads.

The ONLY two players I would like to see a POTENTIAL trade for at this time? It's James Robinson and Josh Allen. Because it seems like Robinson has been phased out of the starting line up over the last three games. It's obvious they're tied to Etienne with RD1 money involved and they more than likely don't like the idea of tying up valuable cap space in the backfield.

Josh Allen I just don't see it. He's not getting to the QB. Somebody made a good point yesterday that it seems like he's getting more 1V1 opportunities with Walker's strength demanding more attention and he's simply just not getting it done. I would start shopping him out now to get ahead of having to tag him next year.

You may get a better offer if he's put on the trading block now for a team that's hot and wants to improve somewhere defensively. I would entertain that. Josh Allen on defense. James Robinson on offense. If they're NOT in the long term plans or at least not really contributing much now on the stat sheet?

Ship them off for picks. They have a lot of areas to address next year. In particular. The TE room is completely free to walk next year during free agency. The WR room is going to get a little bit thinner with Marvin Jones potentially gone. Losing Fatukasi raised some alarming concerns at his position. I think CB and Safety are going to be in the mix with Griffin probably on his way out having not lived up to his contract and Jenkins also on a contract year.

This team, next year? These one possession games they're in now could be the same exact story next year, even if Lawrence improves, hits those deeper passes, gets three hundred yards in a game, etc. Now, all of a sudden, it'll be them averaging 27 PPG offensively and still losing by 28 - 31 points PPG because the defense is now swiss cheese in the secondary and even softer up front.
(10-24-2022, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Etienne takes hard hits in every game.

Any trade scenario involving Robinson right now is unwise unless you're good finishing the year with Hasty/Connor when ETN finally doesn't jump back up from one of those clobberings.

I agree but the philosophy here now, for better or worse, doesn’t really lend itself to paying JRob.  That, coupled with his usage yesterday and Hasty’s increased involvement in recent weeks might be evidence to their thinking.  If you’ve decided not to extend him and you can get whatever you’d get in a compensatory pick or better out of JRob in 2023 vs waiting for the compensation in 2024, most would probably do that assuming the decision not to extend has been made.

I’m not saying I agree with considering dealing him, just trying to read the tea leaves as it were.
A 3rd for JRob? Come on now. He’s a running back coming off a potential career altering injury.

You’ll be lucky to get a 6th.

But with that said, I’m not trading him.
I agree with moving Allen. No way I would tag him.

The team just has too many obvious holes.
Offense - LG, RT, TE, WR
Defense - DT, Edge, CB, S, a 3-4 End

I include RT because Taylor will be a FA
(10-24-2022, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]A 3rd for JRob? Come on now. He’s a running back coming off a potential career altering injury.

You’ll be lucky to get a 6th.

But with that said, I’m not trading him.

Hey what part of don’t take me to the task for in correct compensation estimates didn’t you comprehend?  Tongue

I could see a third or fourth from a team like the Jets who is heavily dependent on the run game to win and are in the playoff mix. Especially given Robinson has a plethora of highlight worry plays including from this year coming off a Achilles

(10-24-2022, 11:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want them trading anything away at all at 2 - 5 draft picks wise. Keep moving with what you have on the roster, start churning the waiver wire more and scalping from other team's practice squads.

The ONLY two players I would like to see a POTENTIAL trade for at this time? It's James Robinson and Josh Allen. Because it seems like Robinson has been phased out of the starting line up over the last three games. It's obvious they're tied to Etienne with RD1 money involved and they more than likely don't like the idea of tying up valuable cap space in the backfield.

Josh Allen I just don't see it. He's not getting to the QB. Somebody made a good point yesterday that it seems like he's getting more 1V1 opportunities with Walker's strength demanding more attention and he's simply just not getting it done. I would start shopping him out now to get ahead of having to tag him next year.

You may get a better offer if he's put on the trading block now for a team that's hot and wants to improve somewhere defensively. I would entertain that. Josh Allen on defense. James Robinson on offense. If they're NOT in the long term plans or at least not really contributing much now on the stat sheet?

Ship them off for picks. They have a lot of areas to address next year. In particular. The TE room is completely free to walk next year during free agency. The WR room is going to get a little bit thinner with Marvin Jones potentially gone. Losing Fatukasi raised some alarming concerns at his position. I think CB and Safety are going to be in the mix with Griffin probably on his way out having not lived up to his contract and Jenkins also on a contract year.

This team, next year? These one possession games they're in now could be the same exact story next year, even if Lawrence improves, hits those deeper passes, gets three hundred yards in a game, etc. Now, all of a sudden, it'll be them averaging 27 PPG offensively and still losing by 28 - 31 points PPG because the defense is now swiss cheese in the secondary and even softer up front.

I am not sure what team is in win now mode who needs a DE and can afford the picks. So I don’t foresee Allen being moved. 

And your last paragraph is why I think a flyer on Moore could be something. He clearly wants out of the Jets and can you blame him? Look at Wilson’s stats. He might give us much needed outside speed to help add another gear to an already decent offense that just needs to deliver a few more deathblows
(10-24-2022, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 11:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't he picked at the top of the 2nd just a year ago? I don't think a 4th is even close.

Sometimes you dump players. Jags do it all the time. Calais for pennies when he was/is still good. CJ very shortly after being a first was traded for a 4th iirc. There were more but I'm already depressed from yesterday. Really.thought til the end we were gonna win. Still kinda hungover. Blegh.

At least we are talking about trading for players though. We really are so close to being a good team I think

Calais was a cash drop and that happens with vets in their last contract year, while Henderbust doesn't seem to be on the same level with Moore as far as liking the game of football. Moore is pissed that he's not playing enough, while CJ was upset that he was required to show up. At the same time, at 5'10" and a buck eighty I'm not sure he's much more than a less expensive Kirk. Do we need a second slot guy? I don't think we're adopting the Run N Shoot after all. I agree we're close, but the stuff we lack is the premier stuff that's sometimes hard to find.
(10-24-2022, 11:46 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]If we’d had won yesterday I think a trade for some immediate help might make sense.  At this point I think you see how this weekend’s games go first before trading for someone or trading away guys that aren’t in your future plans for picks.  Have to wonder about JRob being a potential trade piece given yesterday’s usage.

I would think someone may reach out to us for a trade. I'm not sure who they would want though that's realistically available. Maybe someone is willing to take a chance on Josh Allen. He's not producing for us but as always someone else may be blinded by his draft position and think they see something.
I think people are completely over-reacting to James Robinson not playing yesterday.  In the Colts game, JRob had more carries than ETN.  As for the Giants game, Pederson said that JRob had an injury and that he could play if really needed but didn't want to risk making the injury worse if he wasn't needed.  Some people then ask "If he's injured, why did he dress?".  The answer is "just in case".  They didn't want to risk additional injury, but what if ETN got hurt early or struggled mightily or wore down with a ton of carries?  If one of those things had happened, Pederson would likely have taken the risk and used Robinson.  However, none of that happened.  ETN wasn't injured, ETN was running effectively and finished the game with only 14 carries.  As such, he preferred to rest JRob and get him ready for next week.
(10-24-2022, 01:00 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]I think people are completely over-reacting to James Robinson not playing yesterday.  In the Colts game, JRob had more carries than ETN.  As for the Giants game, Pederson said that JRob had an injury and that he could play if really needed but didn't want to risk making the injury worse if he wasn't needed.  Some people then ask "If he's injured, why did he dress?".  The answer is "just in case".  They didn't want to risk additional injury, but what if ETN got hurt early or struggled mightily or wore down with a ton of carries?  If one of those things had happened, Pederson would likely have taken the risk and used Robinson.  However, none of that happened.  ETN wasn't injured, ETN was running effectively and finished the game with only 14 carries.  As such, he preferred to rest JRob and get him ready for next week.

I hope that’s it.  Trade deadline is next Tuesday, so the timing is a little suspicious and the “ask them” comment from JRob doesn’t inspire much confidence on its own.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6