Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trent Baalke we are not worthy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I got to hand it to the old chap.  He survived the Clown face and many doubters. People said he over spent in free agency while bringing in lackluster talent.  Despite all that,  This is one of if not the best free agent class ever acquired in Jacksonville. The draft picks over the last couple of seasons have also become a huge factor on this team.  To take what was a joke of a football team last year and to make it a contender in one season is just remarkable. Baalke deserves a ton of apologies from many people. I want to be the first to officially apologize for my doubts. Baalke has built a talented team in one season of building. What a job by him!
I apologize Baalke! Agree with the sentiments of the above.
Baalke master piece
Trevor Lawrence-easy but great pick
Etienne- excellent back (arguments overdraft but still)
Campbell-turned out to be a first round talent
Little-playing good ball in the clutch
Cisco-starting quality safety

I’ll give this year’s rookies another year before judging, but the players he took year one have all developed into major contributors. Definitely our best draft in a long time. That is not even getting into free agency.
Baalke low-key killing it as a GM
(01-08-2023, 01:58 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor Lawrence-easy but great pick

I’ll give this year’s rookies another year before judging, but the players he took gear one have all developed into major contributors. Definitely our best draft in a long time.

What about the FA class the last 2 years?
(01-08-2023, 01:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2023, 01:58 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor Lawrence-easy but great pick

I’ll give this year’s rookies another year before judging, but the players he took gear one have all developed into major contributors. Definitely our best draft in a long time.

What about the FA class the last 2 years?

That is a long list of mostly hits as well. To go from literally the worst team in the league to winning the division and playoffs in your second year is quite impressive.
I loved the when they showed the box with Baalke and Tony Khan in it after the Josh Allen TD. They showed them a little before and there was a lot of concern just like us fans
Shad looked like he eas sleeping

Baalke is better than the clowns said.
(01-08-2023, 02:11 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]Shad looked like he eas sleeping

Baalke is better than the clowns said.

Looked like he was praying to me.  His mouth was moving with eyes closed and looking down
(01-08-2023, 01:58 AM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]Baalke low-key killing it as a GM

It’s not low key
One thing for sure, these players like and respect Baalke. He is very interactive with the players. There were rumors from his past but nobody knew him personally and most stories were from players he cut that were butt hurt like Michael Robinson, dude is a clown himself. Nobody really knows but some people change and learn from there mistakes if the rumors were tture, none of us know for sure though
Hey we have a home playoff game coming because of his acquisitions.
Last year was the khlown out and now this. What a turn around.
In Baalke I've always trusted.

NH3...
Well, toward the end of last season, I wanted to fire him. Heck, I wanted to fire everyone. But, I guess I have to take it back. He's obviously done a great job in free agency, and a decent job in the draft. We went worst to first with him as the GM, so, we have to give him some credit.
I mean is Etienne still over drafted at this point? I know the ball security issues, I suspect he’ll get those resolved, but dude is a game breaker. Definitely worth a first rounder, especially a late one.
So 2021 players are no longer Meyer's fault but we should give all the credit to Baalke? hahaha never change guys.
(01-08-2023, 11:01 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]So 2021 players are no longer Meyer's fault but we should give all the credit to Baalke? hahaha never change guys.

Yes, never change. 
You just go right on ahead believing that the guy who didn't know who Aaron Donald was orchestrated the 2021 draft. 

Which picks do you think Meyer made? 
Was it all Meyer? 
Did Baalke do anything? 
Does it even matter?

Did Urban Meyer tell Baalke and Pederson who to sign in free agency this year? 
Because that free agent haul is enough to not give a [BLEEP] about 2021.
(01-08-2023, 11:01 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]So 2021 players are no longer Meyer's fault but we should give all the credit to Baalke? hahaha never change guys.

Ummm, no.  But Meyer was clueless, irresponsible, moron not worthy of being an NFL coach.  

Other than that, he was great.

Out of curiosity, what good are players if you have no [BLEEP] idea what to do with them?

LOL.  Never change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7