Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did Fox Know Election Fraud Claims Were Lies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This whole affair is emblematic of what has become of so-called journalism in this country. I’ve said this before, Fox News used to be a voice in the wilderness but they’ve allowed too much tabloid opinion to seep into their channel. Now they’re becoming less and less distinguishable from the left wing noise of other news channels. They have some good actual news programming but it’s buried in the din of manufactured outrage. Fox News needs a serious house cleaning.
We have neighbors who swore off Fox News after they called the 2020 election in Arizona. They sincerely think that it was impossible for a Democrat to win in Arizona, and Fox News must be part of some big conspiracy. Now they only watch NewsMax and OAN.
(02-17-2023, 08:54 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]We have neighbors who swore off Fox News after they called the 2020 election in Arizona.  They sincerely think that it was impossible for a Democrat to win in Arizona, and Fox News must be part of some big conspiracy. Now they only watch NewsMax and OAN.

That’s the problem with “news” these days. It caters to ideological camps rather than inform with all the facts. This is all by design, of course. CNN was the pioneer in the 24 hour news channel and quickly discovered that it’s too much time to fill with fresh news, so they started including opinion shows as filler. Ethically, it has been downhill for the entire industry since then but a boon for ratings and revenue. 

News Nation is the exception. They present straight news in the morning and evening while airing franchised TV shows during the day.
Stay away from the MSM in general. It's just an extension of the Pentagon, MIC, Big Pharma and Big Brother. It's all political theater at the end of the day with virtually all of those guys.

I prefer Jimmy Dore and Democracy Now YouTube channels and other various independent journalists over the MSM. The Corbett Report, Highimpactflix, etc. Those are also independently ran channels and they tend to dissect both sides of the aisle.
Proper headline: Did Fox News admit that they were party to the Establishment's confounding of free and fair elections in 2020?
(02-17-2023, 09:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Stay away from the MSM in general. It's just an extension of the Pentagon, MIC, Big Pharma and Big Brother. It's all political theater at the end of the day with virtually all of those guys.

I prefer Jimmy Dore and Democracy Now YouTube channels and other various independent journalists over the MSM. The Corbett Report, Highimpactflix, etc. Those are also independently ran channels and they tend to dissect both sides of the aisle.

It's funny. This comment will be dismissed as conspiracy despite the fact that it's perfectly logical and has plenty of evidence to support it.
(02-17-2023, 11:17 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 09:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Stay away from the MSM in general. It's just an extension of the Pentagon, MIC, Big Pharma and Big Brother. It's all political theater at the end of the day with virtually all of those guys.

It's funny. This comment will be dismissed as conspiracy despite the fact that it's perfectly logical and has plenty of evidence to support it.

Nah.  Dore is commentary and he is not afraid to switch sides.  Democracy Now is journalism focusing on the lower rungs of society that's usually progressive but not always.   They both have their place, but they both also openly have an agenda.  Neither is straight news. 
CNN and NPR both put a lot of straight news on their websites, though CNN also put a lot of hyperbole and editorials there.  Fox News used to have a lot of straight news on their website but it's mostly hate posting now.  You can still hear straight news for maybe an hour day on those channels, but it's not really worth digging for among all the crap.
Cheddar is a startup news company that seems to be playing it straight.
I'm not defending the sites he recommended. There is no source of journalism that is doing it without bias. I was specifically referring to the comment about our media being an extension of Pentagon, MIC, Big Pharma and Big Brother. He ain't wrong.

No company you recommend is "playing it straight," unless you mean straight into their pockets.
(02-17-2023, 01:09 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not defending the sites he recommended. There is no source of journalism that is doing it without bias. I was specifically referring to the comment about our media being an extension of Pentagon, MIC, Big Pharma and Big Brother. He ain't wrong.

No company you recommend is "playing it straight," unless you mean straight into their pockets.

Using the same standard, in your opinion, is anybody "playing it straight?"
This is one of the many reasons why I no longer watch Fox News or any other cable news channel..

Ok, that's a little bit of a lie, I might check out Tucker if something serious happened or Guttfeld (sp?) if I need a laugh, Tyrus rulez!!

I do try to get my news straight from the horses mouth. I follow a lot of politicians and pretty reliable sources on Twitter.

Tired of the Telephone Game.. One person says something, gets picked up by news channels and then they tell you what THEY think is important while the message itself gets buried. Meanwhile, things were taken out of context, things were said or not said and so on.. To hell with them all.

I blocked most news agencies on Twitter as well.
(02-17-2023, 01:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 01:09 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not defending the sites he recommended. There is no source of journalism that is doing it without bias. I was specifically referring to the comment about our media being an extension of Pentagon, MIC, Big Pharma and Big Brother. He ain't wrong.

No, they are all backed by corporations and therefore corrupt.
(02-17-2023, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 01:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Using the same standard, in your opinion, is anybody "playing it straight?"

I appreciate your response, but I was asking Lucky2Last, and I didn't mean just entities that are backed by corporations.  I was asking is anybody "playing it straight."
(02-17-2023, 03:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No, they are all backed by corporations and therefore corrupt.

I appreciate your response, but I was asking Lucky2Last, and I didn't mean just entities that are backed by corporations.  I was asking is anybody "playing it straight."

I was pretty much answering on his behalf.
Fox News is all a show. Kind of like going to circus. You watch to simply be entertained.
(02-17-2023, 01:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Everyone has an angle and sponsors to bow down to in order to stay financially alive and relevant. That's fair. I guess we all just have to trust our instincts at the end of the day and decide which poison we're willing to ingest and which poison we're going to reject. 

That's the problem now. There's so many smoke and mirrors around us that we can't tell our [BLEEP] from our elbows most of the time. We're just a bunch of Bruce Lee's and Conan the Barbarian's trying to fight our way out of this [BLEEP]. 

CNN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLr1f84fj8U

FOX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoMVfvS8rSo
(02-17-2023, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 01:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Using the same standard, in your opinion, is anybody "playing it straight?"

If you don't believe in truth all the other ideals of virtue will also fall by the wayside.
Truth exists.  Each source of news publishes the truth more often then not, just not the whole truth.
(02-17-2023, 04:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No, they are all backed by corporations and therefore corrupt.

If you don't believe in truth all the other ideals of virtue will also fall by the wayside.
Truth exists.  Each source of news publishes the truth more often then not, just not the whole truth.

That goes back to what I was saying in my last post. You have to decide which poison you're willing to ingest and which poison you're willing to reject. Because, whether we like it or not, our "ideals" are not really our own at this point. We're all piggybacking off of what this person said or that person said. 

Amongst the mire of "whataboutism's" and "coulda, woulda, shoulda". It sucks playing revisionist all the time. But, I feel like you have to as most things in this world appear to be extremely cyclical. Especially in our country. We're all accepting someone's version of their "truth" while vehemently denying another's version of their "truth". 

[BLEEP] sucks. LOL. None of us really know the truth. Just a version of it that we're willing to accept. You could look at a quarter and say that's 25 cents to someone but they could look at the same quarter and say that it's really just a nickel and two dimes. It's all about perspective. But a lot of that often times gets lost in translation and somehow we get into a habit of labeling each other and branding each other. 

I know one simple truth. Whatever is behind all of this? They're doing a pretty damn good job.
(02-17-2023, 03:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I would say there are very few sources that aren't concerned with profit, but some are dominated by profit. I agree with FSG.
Reading this article shows the "news" agency is a joke.

This opinion piece is slanted to what the liberals want. It tries to appear to be a report on the lawsuit. It doesn't cover any of the relevant info. It just uses some of the talking heads' feelings.

The real meat of the lawsuit shows Dominion admitting that their code, hardware, etc are full of bugs and vulnerabilities.

These machines should be pulled immediately and all contracts voided. Then lawsuits and trials should begin in every state for anyone creating it, certifying it, signing contracts, etc.

Instead lets focus on Foxnews using a bunch of liberals that act like conservatives in order to make money. This has been known for a long time.

Newsmax is owned by big liberal Clinton people (if I'm remembering correctly). They all are owned, controlled, and take marching orders. There are one or 2 on the right side that do the same but those are mainly the local channels.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11