Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DeSantis to make it official on Twitter with Musk tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
About time, give them hell Ron and take down the Don! DeSantis is the last best chance for Republicans if we fall for the Donald scam again we deserve what we have coming.
DeSantis doesn't seem very likeable. That's important in a candidate.
DeSantis is pandering fairly hard to the right at the moment but I think he's all show and no gusto. Just my two cents. While I appreciate what he's done on a state level, especially during the covid years. I have my reservations about him on a national level. Especially with some of his ties to specific folks within the establishment and MIC.
(05-24-2023, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]DeSantis is pandering fairly hard to the right at the moment but I think he's all show and no gusto. Just my two cents. While I appreciate what he's done on a state level, especially during the covid years. I have my reservations about him on a national level. Especially with some of his ties to specific folks within the establishment and MIC.

Ditto.
(05-24-2023, 12:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]DeSantis doesn't seem very likeable.  That's important in a candidate.

Yeah, he's not going to get far, he just doesn't know it. 

All indications are his team of advisors are all yes-men and no one is giving him any tough love. 

Combine that with:
  • a large contingent of Trump loyalists 
  • and another faction of right leaning voters seeking a less volatile and polarizing figure 
     - and you've got a recipe for a horse that limps out of the gate and doesn't place or show. 
(05-24-2023, 12:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]DeSantis is pandering fairly hard to the right at the moment but I think he's all show and no gusto. Just my two cents. While I appreciate what he's done on a state level, especially during the covid years. I have my reservations about him on a national level. Especially with some of his ties to specific folks within the establishment and MIC.

Wait what?   

Is there a republican alive with a more conservative record.
(05-24-2023, 01:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]

Wait what?   

What DeSantis is doing right now in our state is specifically pandering to the ultra conservative. Trump publicly stated he wouldn't have done what he's done with the alphabet soup community. I am 50/50 on some of the things he's done. As I have had a child of my own and have aged up a bit. I tend to favor conservative views.

Hell, I am not even religious and you won't catch me at a church on Sunday's. But... I have been looking into more and more scriptures for guidance lately. Which is [BLEEP] insane really. That's just how polarizing everything has become in today's age. In the long run though, on a national level? He'll fall flat because of his far right leaning tactics. 

I just don't trust him in the long run nor in the grand scheme of things at the highest level in politics. I think the fear is that he might "split" the vote but I don't see it that way. I have quite honestly seen quite a few former liberals and democrats, especially within the black community on various platforms showing vocal support for Trump's return in office after having a dose of Biden for nearly four years. 

I don't think this race will be close. I fully expect a red wave to turn out in 2024 and runaway with the presidential race. The only Democrat worth a [BLEEP] in my opinion that I would maybe vote for is RFK. That's about it.
Trump is full force half truth half lies propaganda against DeSantis. His leading commercial says DeSantis supported a national sales tax and just doesn't mention it was the fair tax which replaced all other taxes. DeSantis kept Florida open during covid even against Trumps nagging. DeSantis is 100000000 more times conservative then Trump. The only question is can we break the blinders off his cult following.
(05-24-2023, 02:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2023, 01:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait what?   

What DeSantis is doing right now in our state is specifically pandering to the ultra conservative. Trump publicly stated he wouldn't have done what he's done with the alphabet soup community. I am 50/50 on some of the things he's done. As I have had a child of my own and have aged up a bit. I tend to favor conservative views.

Hell, I am not even religious and you won't catch me at a church on Sunday's. But... I have been looking into more and more scriptures for guidance lately. Which is [BLEEP] insane really. That's just how polarizing everything has become in today's age. In the long run though, on a national level? He'll fall flat because of his far right leaning tactics. 

I just don't trust him in the long run nor in the grand scheme of things at the highest level in politics. I think the fear is that he might "split" the vote but I don't see it that way. I have quite honestly seen quite a few former liberals and democrats, especially within the black community on various platforms showing vocal support for Trump's return in office after having a dose of Biden for nearly four years. 

I don't think this race will be close. I fully expect a red wave to turn out in 2024 and runaway with the presidential race. The only Democrat worth a [BLEEP] in my opinion that I would maybe vote for is RFK. That's about it.

DeSantis isn't pandering he's governing. Everything from immigration to commerce to public education is part of governing. Trump's solution for immigration waste BILLIONS on a wall, DeSantis is enforce e-verify laws and hold violators accountable. Trump's solution for woke ideology ignore and dodge he said it himself he wouldn't address the alphabet club, DeSantis signed legislation keeping that garbage out of schools. 

As for electability no republican is going to be portrayed as electable. However we have a track record of Trump being a loser the last two election cycles. If you think a red wave is going to get Trump in a national election your in for major disappointment. I expect he will probably win the nomination and then we loose bad in the general. Literally any other republican beats Biden. Any other Democrat beats Trump. If both parties are stupid enough to run Biden and Trump again we suffer with Biden for another term. Ask yourself has Trump done anything to help himself since he last lost the election? I'm not Biden doesn't win elections.
I agree with EricC85 and JJ82284.
(05-24-2023, 02:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with EricC85 and JJ82284.

That's because you're terrified of Trump being in office again. I have gone on record a few times. I never voted for Trump. I wrote my candidates name in, twice. 

With that said? I will not vote for DeSantis. I don't see him the same way everybody else sees him. And, again, I can appreciate what he's done for the state of Florida but on a national level? On a global level? 

I have my serious doubts and concerns with him. We could be looking at another Neoconservative wolf in sheep's clothing. Just be careful what you ask for and where you vote. 

That's all I am saying.

(05-24-2023, 02:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2023, 02:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]What DeSantis is doing right now in our state is specifically pandering to the ultra conservative. Trump publicly stated he wouldn't have done what he's done with the alphabet soup community. I am 50/50 on some of the things he's done. As I have had a child of my own and have aged up a bit. I tend to favor conservative views.

DeSantis isn't pandering he's governing. Everything from immigration to commerce to public education is part of governing. Trump's solution for immigration waste BILLIONS on a wall, DeSantis is enforce e-verify laws and hold violators accountable. Trump's solution for woke ideology ignore and dodge he said it himself he wouldn't address the alphabet club, DeSantis signed legislation keeping that garbage out of schools. 

As for electability no republican is going to be portrayed as electable. However we have a track record of Trump being a loser the last two election cycles. If you think a red wave is going to get Trump in a national election your in for major disappointment. I expect he will probably win the nomination and then we loose bad in the general. Literally any other republican beats Biden. Any other Democrat beats Trump. If both parties are stupid enough to run Biden and Trump again we suffer with Biden for another term. Ask yourself has Trump done anything to help himself since he last lost the election? I'm not Biden doesn't win elections.

Trump kept quiet for the most part. Biden will be truly blessed if he can physically make it until the end of his current term. He's not all there mentally and we all know that and see that. He's truly being propped up and paraded around like a puppet. 

I never voted for Trump. I just don't think you're going to get what you're thinking out of DeSantis and I have a bad feeling about him. Especially on a Global level.
I voted for Trump.. Twice..

Fixin to be 3 times..
(05-24-2023, 03:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I voted for Trump.. Twice..

Fixin to be 3 times..

He gets my vote in this race this time.
I voted for trump twice as well more or no less against Hilary and Biden but I'm done with trump if he's the nominee I'll go back to third party like I did with McCain and Obama.
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/it-begins...orida-man/

Just look at his "attacks" Trump is literally blasing Ron for conservative stands. The fair tax he is lying about. Raising social security is going to happen no one is talking about doing it for anyone over 40 so again he lying. Everything that comes out of trump's mouth is more lies.
(05-24-2023, 03:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.mediaite.com/trump/it-begins...orida-man/

Just look at his "attacks" Trump is literally blasing Ron for conservative stands. The fair tax he is lying about. Raising social security is going to happen no one is talking about doing it for anyone over 40 so again he lying. Everything that comes out of trump's mouth is more lies.

Honest question. If DeSantis and Trump go toe-to-toe in a debate for the win. Will he keep pace with him, fact check him and put him on the ropes?
(05-24-2023, 03:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2023, 03:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.mediaite.com/trump/it-begins...orida-man/

Honest question. If DeSantis and Trump go toe-to-toe in a debate for the win. Will he keep pace with him, fact check him and put him on the ropes?

I think so but we will find out soon enough. DeSantis has been a skilled debater to this point in his career. I've supported him since he was my state house representative in Flagler county.
(05-24-2023, 02:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with EricC85 and JJ82284.

I agree with EricC85 and JJ82284 and mikesez
I just don't get the great divide.. I'm a fan of both Trump & DeSantis and both of them would be my dream ticket.

Way too tribal on this one for me. They both have the qualities I want in my President, so I'd have absolutely no problem throwing my support behind the nominee.
(05-24-2023, 03:43 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I voted for trump twice as well more or no less against Hilary and Biden but I'm done with trump if he's the nominee I'll go back to third party like I did with McCain and Obama.

That warmed my heart man, I was worried about you in 16.

worse for him, there lies from the left.   You can't try to smear Desantis for taking a picture with Jeb Bush, while simultaneously adopting Jeb Bush's campaign strategy.  The longer this goes, the better chance Ron has.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9