Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who is pouting? Anybody hear this on 1010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I heard Mia reporting that “maybe he’s pouting.” 

They are talking about Ridley, Walker, or Chaisson. 

Also they gave a shoutout to The Bank Robbers. Leon Searcy and Joe C said they love it. I hope it catches on with the players and fans wearing ski masks or something cool to be remembered for years down the road.

Somebody was upset that Agnew got more looks so I’m thinking it’s Ridley they are talking about. Here we go with the Andre Rison stuff, if true.
my guess would be Ridley, he is a legit #1 not getting his targets. but i think Trevor and Doug and the rest of the Skill Players won't bite into it. either your on board with the gameplan or you will be out of the gameplan. Ridley also needs to run his routes better.

once we get Hamilton, Walker and Zay back we should be able to push the ball downfield more..
A whole lot of folks on Instagram were complaining about Ridley not getting the ball much and some were saying he needs to ask for a trade. Obviously fans of his and not the team. I hate bandwagon fans and fans only of players who talk this crap. 

A bunch of whiny idiots who contribute nothing to the fanbase when things aren't going their way.
Yep it’s Ridley.

They said he left the field quickly. And he was running the wrong routes.

They are comparing him to Andre Rison. Wrong routes will get you benched.
i could see that comparison, but i think he has a much better head than Rison who divided the locker room back in the day.
Now they are reporting that Ridley said he’s not here to hang out and his greatness is not based on wins and losses.

WOW that ain’t gonna work around here. Kirk didn’t pout early in the season. Jones ain’t either.

It just happened so there hasn’t been enough time to divide the locker room.
(10-20-2023, 01:08 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]my guess would be Ridley, he is a legit #1 not getting his targets. but i think Trevor and Doug and the rest of the Skill Players won't bite into it.  either your on board with the gameplan or you will be out of the gameplan.  Ridley also needs to run his routes better.

once we get Hamilton, Walker and Zay back we should be able to push the ball downfield more..

This.

He's also a lot lighter in the wallet than I remember (smaller) so if he's not getting good separation (which he isn't) he's got a half a second once he catches the ball then he's hit.   His defender always in his immediate area...unless it's blown coverage.
(10-20-2023, 01:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Now they are reporting that Ridley said he’s not here to hang out and his greatness is not based on wins and losses.

WOW that ain’t gonna work around here. Kirk didn’t pout early in the season. Jones ain’t either.

Where are you seeing this?

I haven't seen this anywhere.
(10-20-2023, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2023, 01:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Now they are reporting that Ridley said he’s not here to hang out and his greatness is not based on wins and losses.

Where are you seeing this?

That was Davante Adams and it was two days ago. This is how misinformation spreads.
(10-20-2023, 01:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2023, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you seeing this?

That was Davante Adams and it was two days ago. This is how misinformation spreads.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Just heard it. It's Ridley. They are basing it on him leaving the field early while the rest of the team was celebrating. Also supposedly upset because the coaching staff didn't challenge the out of bounds call on his sideline catch.
(10-20-2023, 01:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard it. It's Ridley. They are basing it on him leaving the field early while the rest of the team was celebrating. Also supposedly upset because the coaching staff didn't challenge the out of bounds call on his sideline catch.

Yeah, it's really great that Mia O'Brien is out there stirring crap up again.
Yeah I honestly think Ridley has thrown this offense off

I don’t think we resign him at this rate, keep the 2nd rounder

He’s got too much Diva energy, and not deserving of it he’s not running great routes and he’s constantly making mental errors
I thought even in the offseason Ridley seemed to have a bit of an edginess to him. Like if someone asked a question he didn't like, he'd seem really put off. They asked him once in training camp if he felt rusty and he was miffed. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a distraction. The guy is a legit #1 receiver but there will be times when you get double teamed and the QB will choose other options. The catch ruled incomplete on the sideline *was* a catch by the way.
(10-20-2023, 01:08 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]my guess would be Ridley, he is a legit #1 not getting his targets. but i think Trevor and Doug and the rest of the Skill Players won't bite into it. either your on board with the gameplan or you will be out of the gameplan. Ridley also needs to run his routes better.

Yes! He needs to run better routes. Herbstreit pointed it out last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do we have any actual quotes that relates to Ridley being a "Diva" or is this all speculation because he walked off the field? Come on now.
(10-20-2023, 01:53 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I honestly think Ridley has thrown this offense off

He’s got too much Diva energy, and not deserving of it he’s not running great routes and he’s constantly making mental errors

My thoughts.

I said in the game thread I thought the catch was out of bounds, now seeing properly I thought it was a catch. I get the frustration from him there.

Secondly, something was definitely up, he was never open with any cushion but the fact they didn’t even look his way suggests there was a rift (maybe adding 2+2 and getting 5) but it felt off.

Thirdly, keep the second round, use it to trade up for Marvin Harrison jr if by some miracle we can! (1st 1st 2nd) 

Then spend everything else on oline hell trade back up to the second if we have to
(10-20-2023, 01:53 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I honestly think Ridley has thrown this offense off

The rest of your post leaves a bit to speculation, but with Josh's contract being up for renewal, and Trevor about to get a payday...I don't think Calvin will be deserving of getting a big paycheck after his performance over the first 7 games.

How many interviews have we seen him say...he just wants to win?

I understand his wanting to get a big payday...but come on...   He doesn't appear to be more important than Zay at the moment, and he's never going to be the receiver that out duals bigger CBs for the ball.

If his inability to get good separation is due to his being rusty, I'm willing to have my opinion changed over the course of the season, but as of right now...when it comes to contracts....

Josh Allen
Trevor Lawrence
Walker Little
Tyson Campbell

...all four of those guys I want to get a pay raise/extension next season.   Imo all are currently more important to the success of the Jags than Calvin.  Shoot, I even think Cam is deserving of a restructuring/extension.

I'm willing to have my opinion changed though.
(10-20-2023, 01:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2023, 01:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard it. It's Ridley. They are basing it on him leaving the field early while the rest of the team was celebrating. Also supposedly upset because the coaching staff didn't challenge the out of bounds call on his sideline catch.

Yeah, it's really great that Mia O'Brien is out there stirring crap up again.

Yep. It was her reporting it. I started out liking her, but it's becoming more obvious by the day that her calling is entertainment reporter in LA or NY, not a sports reporter. She and Joe Cowart can take their gossip show on the road. Just get it outta town.
In fairness to him every time it showed a pass from the end zone on replay they were running a corner underneath on him and a safety over the top, so it was very much saints game plan to take him out of the game which they did, but luckily we have lots of other weapons so there is no need to force it.
But as everyone else has said I’ve not seen anything regarding him acting out or moaning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5