Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Jaguars @ Steelers Gameday***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome in Jaguars fans. Grab a chair and pull-up to this Week 8 Showdown where the 5-2 Jaguars are looking for their 5th win in a row, against the
4-2 Pittsburgh Steelers. 

The Jaguars are 3-0 on the road as they look to win their 195th regular season win in franchise history. 

The Jaguars are 12-13 against the Steelers All Time. 

Head Coach Douglas Irvin Pederson has a win percentage of .583 which is the best in team history. Pederson is now 4th on the franchise all time wins list and needs just 9 more wins to be in 3rd. He’s now 14-10 with the Jaguars.

Cisco, Williams, Oluokun, Allen are the Jaguars’ defensive stats leaders as the Jaguars defense leads the NFL in takeaways. They have been robbing teams of wins and possessions.

Etienne has already matched his TD output from a year ago as he leads the team in TD with 7. He is still looking for his 1st career TD reception. Engram is still looking for his 1st of the season.

A win would push the Jaguars to 6-2 with a win percentage of .750 which would be the 2nd best start in team history.

Weather Report: high of 59, with 90% chance of rain.

Fun stats: Agnew is the only WR in team history to have a rushing TD. Etienne still hasn’t fumbled this season. Jaguars have never ended a game with a tie. Jaguars have shutout the Steelers once which was in 2006. Coach Dougie P is 1 for 4 on challenges but has no challenges in 2023. Jaguars have 2nd longest win streak in NFL with 4. Jaguars have never been shutout by Steelers. 1st win against Pittsburgh was October 8, 1995. 

If the season ended today the Jaguars would be the 4th seed, Steelers the 5th seed. Texans would be just outside in the 8th seed and Indy would be 11th.

Key Games:
Texans @ Panthers
Saints @ Colts

Go Jaguars. Just Find A Way To Win.
It’s game day?
(10-28-2023, 11:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]It’s game day?

Not yet
(10-28-2023, 11:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome in Jaguars fans. Grab a chair and pull-up to this Week 8 Showdown where the 5-2 Jaguars are looking for their 5th win in a row, against the 
4-2 Pittsburgh Steelers. 

The Jaguars are 3-0 on the road as they look to win their 195th regular season win in franchise history. 

The Jaguars are 12-13 against the Steelers All Time. 

Including postseason - Jags are 14-13 all time vs the squealers
What that record says is these are almost always intense games. It may not be an official rivalry, but it could be.
DUUUUUVAL
We got this one more gritty performance before the Bye week fellas! DUUUUVALLLLL
Going into a bye week 6-2 would be amazing. Let's go.
Get a win and I can enjoy my bye week work holiday in Europe
(10-29-2023, 05:17 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Get a win and I can enjoy my bye week work holiday in Europe

31st in total offense (PIT).

(10-29-2023, 02:45 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Going into a bye week 6-2 would be amazing. Let's go.

Yes it would especially after a 1-2 start.  I think we got it if we show up. Hamilton should be able to help stuff their running ambitions.
There's been a few jabs taken between each team on social media leading up to this game. Jenkins, Cisco and Pickens in particular. Should expect a few big hits from the secondary today. Hopefully they can keep it clean and avoid too many negative penalties occurring. I think one thing to look out for is Pickett's mobility. He was more active with this last year as a rookie, he's been less effective at it this year but it feels like he's overdue to try and make plays with his legs.

Against our defense, I think he'll try to do so today. Especially if the weather conditions are poor. Prime opportunity for him to be chased down and forced into fumbles. We have a good running attack and they're pretty weak against stopping the run. Should have some favorable opportunities in this one. This would be a good game to call some draws and screens to get Watt and Highsmith over pursuing. Should be fun.
“ETN still hasn’t fumbled this season”

Nice jinx! Someone get this goober.
I remember growing up, going to my hometown favorite bar/restaurant on Sundays to watch games. You'd always expect steelers fans to occupy 90% of the place when they're playing, and they would twirl their stupid towel after every new first down or third down stop they make. My goodness how obnoxious that was. I hope we make those fans pack up early and throw away their season tickets after this game.
Rain in the forecast, gonna need those urine stained [BLEEP] rags to keep the water off the field.
I HOPE we play well today. There is always HOPE we do not repeat the errors of the last rainy game up in that area. (Eagles)

I HOPE we play defense today !
Hold on to that ball Trevor!
Need Harrison and Cam to have a good day and I think we win
(10-29-2023, 09:53 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Hold on to that ball Trevor!

I was thinking the same thing.
(10-29-2023, 09:53 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Hold on to that ball Trevor!

Not just Trevor, all of them
Last week our oline protected the QB better than any team and any game in the league this year. They knew Trevor was hurt so I think they played a little harder than usual to keep Trevor clean. Hopefully the oline continues the good play today. Gonna be a little tougher today with the wet grass

On the other side Walker and Allen has to have a big game. Whichever edge guys have a better game I think is who wins